New Custom Crossmember for Alli

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
What a waste of steel! If you guys can't roll under it maybe you should think about makeing the truck taller. why upgrade looks on some thing that you can't even see. But then again i guess that give you guys something to rub one off to!
OH it seems the cheese head found a friend

"What a waste of steel! " As a Dodge owner you are an expert on that statment!

"But then again i guess that give you guys something to rub one off to!" Who needs "something" to rub one off to.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
mcrat I know see how you are if someone doesn't agree with how you feel there an idiot, well I did the testing for you on the HTT before you started selling it and gave you my feed back on how it worked, so you better go back to what you posted on it because someone you think is an idiot gave you the results.

Just to clear things up I have only posted on this one thing that I don't agree on so in your eyes I don't know what I'm talking about.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
mcrat I know see how you are if someone doesn't agree with how you feel there an idiot, well I did the testing for you on the HTT before you started selling it and gave you my feed back on how it worked, so you better go back to what you posted on it because someone you think is an idiot gave you the results.

Just to clear things up I have only posted on this one thing that I don't agree on so in your eyes I don't know what I'm talking about.

I didn't say you were an idiot. I'm questioning why you felt the need to post negatively in a product release thread for something you aren't interested in, nor have used or tested.

That behavior, while permitted here, is not protected here. I thought that kind of posting was horsecrap on TDP, but got kicked off the board whenever I complained about it.

You can post your opinion of the product. But I can post you have no idea what the product is for, since it's not even released yet. I do have a need for this product, and I do know what it's used for. Soon I will buy one and let others know what I think of it, good or bad.

As far as HTT goes? While I think HTT makes good chargers, my association with HTT cost me $$$. Sometimes things just work out that way. It's a good product, but cost me more than I ever sold. But that's a different Tale from Dmaxland.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Hmm intersting spin on the thread since I last looked.

The best thing about Mike Is that he never sells you anything unless you ask. Call the guy once and start talking to him about your trans problems. Not once will he reccomend you buy something from him or even buy something at all. he just tells you your problem and if you ask for a product he will give you the price.

Smith, are you originally from wisconsin or did you jump the border. It sure seems like you did. Maybe its just that fresh milwaukee air though.

None of mikes products are built without a purpose and to streth that point further no product in the world is built without a purpose.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

Well, Pat might not think you're an idiot, but I do...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Let me guess. Legally blind? Or have never seen a Chevy truck?

Getting warm?

I'm looking out my window and at 50' away I can see the crossmembers of the Dmaxes in the parking lot, and I have poor eyesight.

PS - Did you know you are posting from the same computer as Smith 6.6? Is he sitting on your lap, or are you sitting on his? :confused:

he is sitting on steve coles lap talking about the first thing that pops uo. :ban-hump:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
What a waste of steel! If you guys can't roll under it maybe you should think about makeing the truck taller. why upgrade looks on some thing that you can't even see. But then again i guess that give you guys something to rub one off to!

But, I am not doing it for looks?

I have a truck that I can pull the trans with out lifting it off the ground:cool2:

But, I also have a truck that sits low:cool2: The cross member is a pain when trying to roll around on a creeper and scrapes on the bumps

I don't see why you or Smith care?:confused: If you dont want it,Dont buy it!

I dont go over to Dodge forums and tell you what a POS that I think they are and how you waisted your money;) But im sure youve heard that crap before and dont appreciate it.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Eggactly.

My use is for dragracing and LSR racing a lowered truck. The crossmember limits how low I can drop it. There is a 2WD only unit available, but I'm 4x4.

But I can see folk using it who drive on fireroads too, to get 2 more inches of "high center" clearance.

This is primarily a High Performance board, and most of us are very interested in new developments for our trucks.

If a new turbo/injectors/tire/intercooler/shock/etc comes out for our trucks, we want to know. We will decide what we run after we see it.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
yea dat cross member is a biatch to work around i can barely fit under the truck rt there. I want one when there availble

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
"Down with the Establishment!!" "Don't trust anyone over 30!!!" "Pass that Doobie!!!"

:D

It doesn't take balls to post on the internet. Pretty sure my wife ain't equipped with them, and she has the highest post count.

It's not like you can get banned from this site for pissing off the admins or moderators.

This was perhaps before your time, but let me tell you a tale of times gone by:

Once upon a time, there was a Blacksmith, Prince Eric The Large. He found a serious problem with our engines. There was a dragon who was devouring our cam pins. Eric drew his trusty sword, "KeyWay". KeyWay slew the dragon with one fell swoop of it's razor edge.

But there was an evil King in the next land, who was jealous of Prince Eric, King Compton. The king proclaimed the dragon was not dead, it was just faking it, and said that only he, King Compton could truly slay such a dragon once and for all. The King rounded up his subjects to taunt Prince Eric and locked him in the dungeon. Things looked bleak. But after many moons, folk noticed a serious lack of dragon shit in the kingdom. Their shoes were finally clean! The subjects questioned the King as to whether the dragon was indeed dead. And the King replied, "Of course it is. I killed it!!" :rolleyes:

This is just one chapter of many in the Tales of Dmaxland. But they all have the same moral: "Slay the Dragon first, ask questions later".

Mike L is quite the accomplished dragonslayer as well. We humbly bow to him and his wisdom, but only because dragons fear him. Not because he claims they don't exist or are just faking it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Eggactly.

This is primarily a High Performance board, and most of us are very interested in new developments for our trucks.

primarily, i think this is all that it is. Well high performance, a little joking and the TTS guys bitching.

You dont see people on here asking which exhaust to run or which intake to run.

Its always which rods, or which turbo, big, bigger or biggest.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

First post and wrong on so many different levels. Do your research first before you type. Otherwise it makes you look foolish.

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
Wow! Not once did I read that Smith6.6 bashed the new mount. He basically stated that most trucks would not benefit from the increase in ground clearance, and therefore would be a waste of money to that group. A lot of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves! It's not ok, or completely non called for to voice ones opinion about a product, but it's perfectly ok to call others moron, or idiot?

I'm sure all you can agree that 99+% do not need this product, but for the few that have lowriders and such, it is a good product.

I for one am part of the 99%. I bought my truck new in 01 and don't have a scratch on the stocker X member, so in my case, yes this product would not be a viable upgrade. This is why in the 1st post I made in this thread I asked if there was problems with the stocker, or was it simply for the ground clearance. Now knowing the factory piece doesn't have any issues and is simply for the looks and ground clearance, it isn't for me. What I would be more concerned with is how low the tranny pan hangs when running with a deep style pan. If the X member gets banged up and dented, I'll still be able to drive home, but if I hit the pan hard enough, guess what? I'm getting towed home.

Mike L, you have such a positive following in this community because of your knowledge and products, that I have no doubt that you could take something as simple as set of stock Allison hardware, re-plate, re-package them, mark the price through the roof and make a huge profit off it. This is not a bash! Simply stating due to your quality work over the years, you've gained so much respect that could sell a ketchup popsicle to a women in a white dress.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Wow! Not once did I read that Smith6.6 bashed the new mount. He basically stated that most trucks would not benefit from the increase in ground clearance, and therefore would be a waste of money to that group. A lot of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves! It's not ok, or completely non called for to voice ones opinion about a product, but it's perfectly ok to call others moron, or idiot?

I'm sure all you can agree that 99+% do not need this product, but for the few that have lowriders and such, it is a good product.

I for one am part of the 99%. I bought my truck new in 01 and don't have a scratch on the stocker X member, so in my case, yes this product would not be a viable upgrade. This is why in the 1st post I made in this thread I asked if there was problems with the stocker, or was it simply for the ground clearance. Now knowing the factory piece doesn't have any issues and is simply for the looks and ground clearance, it isn't for me. What I would be more concerned with is how low the tranny pan hangs when running with a deep style pan. If the X member gets banged up and dented, I'll still be able to drive home, but if I hit the pan hard enough, guess what? I'm getting towed home.

Mike L, you have such a positive following in this community because of your knowledge and products, that I have no doubt that you could take something as simple as set of stock Allison hardware, re-plate, re-package them, mark the price through the roof and make a huge profit off it. This is not a bash! Simply stating due to your quality work over the years, you've gained so much respect that could sell a ketchup popsicle to a women in a white dress.

I'm not ashamed, and I'm not a "lowrider". I'm a racer, hotrodder, and sledpuller. I run lots of parts you don't approve of, but I don't require your approval to race.

You are saying you've never done a mod to your truck for looks? This I find hard to believe. If you say so.

The fact you have no need for ground clearance? Congrats! I guess even my '04 Blue truck has seen a hellava lot more dirt than your 01 has, because it's scraped. It's OK to be an Asphault Queen, but don't assume everyone is.

Smith is a representative of Hucksdorf Diesel, he jumps into a thread for a new product release claiming it's useless and dangerous (to the Tbar mount), and Mike is trying to rip off folk, and you think that's cool?

Well, bully for you. I do not agree, and never will, and neither would you if it was a product you are interested in or were selling.

I will remember that you approve of such tactics as good marketing and highly valuable tech content should you ever post about a product. I think the behavior is slimy, and it says something about your personal values. You will be reminded now and then.

But I will call you a liar about your comments concerning Mike. He never pushes parts on folk, and doesn't sell stuff that doesn't work to make a quick buck.

PS - The 99%'ers are the guys who leave their truck bone stock and let the dealer do all the servicing. This is a board for 1%'ers, those who enjoy hot-rodding their trucks.

Nothing wrong with being a 99%'er, but that ain't what we do here.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For the readers out there:

It might seem I'm being a prick, but that's just how I am. Been one so long, I'll never change.

If you don't a need a product that is advertised here, don't buy it. But more importantly, don't waste time posting you think it's stupid. You can do that on lots of boards where they like that kind of post.

Dmaxlover recently sold his TTS Extreme on a diesel board. Nobody jumped in his thread and posted, "What a useless piece of junk, I'd never run that!". But it appears he does actually approve of that kind of post. Perhaps he expects more courtesy to be shown to him, than he thinks others should be shown. Dunno.

If you have run a product and found it unacceptable, you are not only welcome to post that here, you are ENCOURAGED to post your experiences. But if you haven't, don't expect to be taken seriously or shown alot of respect. I'll admit that I've lost some respect for Hucksdorf diesel, and I've referred several people there in the past. If Mike L or PPE, or EFILive, or any of the our other vendors posted the way Smith did in this thread, they would get the treatment. But so far, they don't.

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I wouldnt worry too much Mike or Pat. Its oblivious they have already tested this product and decided it was a waste. I give them credit for figuring a way to give stuff a try before it ever has been built, lol. I think there just in a bashing frenzy. I guess they may have thought of this and were to lazy/dumb/stupid or something to build one themselves, and when someone else does they pull there jealousy card and go to town. But everyone knows this is nothing new. I find it amazing how some of these guys can say stuff so ridicules and not even see it themselves. Makes me wonder how there normal day to day life is. Things like getting the shoes on the right foot in the morning. Hell every time I go to subway, a place where you tell them how to make a sandwich and they still F it up, reminds me of a few people that post here, lol.

Keep up the good work all of you that bring and test new products for our hobby. And Thanks to McRat racing for spending time and money to give us first hand, real world testing results.

:mike:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
without casper being the guinea pig a lot of these parts may have never come to the market place.

Thanks Pat.

And thanks for a board that is full of only competition folks, and a few that are interested in starting competing. And of course there will always be bad melons but what do you do.

99% of the trucks in the nation do not need this and 99% of the trucks in the nation are also stock.

This board is the other 1% and 99% of them are competition trucks. So this product does have some value here.

Thanks again you guys for going out on a limb and creating these products, even if others feel they are useless. If they feel that way good for them they dont have to buy it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Wow!

John
What have you seen me sell that did not work? I've talked to you on the phone before and tried to help you and did I ever try to sell you anything?
You guys are critisizing a product that has not been built yet and no one knows what it's going to look like. Your scenario about the deep pan does not hold water as the crossmember sits behind the pan so the pan takes the hit first. If the hit is hard enough which I have seen; the crossmember was not an issue.

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
John
What have you seen me sell that did not work? I've talked to you on the phone before and tried to help you and did I ever try to sell you anything?
You guys are critisizing a product that has not been built yet and no one knows what it's going to look like. Your scenario about the deep pan does not hold water as the crossmember sits behind the pan so the pan takes the hit first. If the hit is hard enough which I have seen; the crossmember was not an issue.

Mike, I don't believe you sell anything that wasn't test, didn't work, or was worthless. My comments pertaining the bolts where an example of what you could do, due to all the respect you've gained over the years. Selling junk would not of gotten you where to are today!

Once again, I challenge someone to find where I bashed this product. I didn't! My truck goes from the garage, to the trailer, to the pulling track. My truck by far is no asphalt queen, 95% of the time it spent on the dirt.
When I pull the truck on to the trailer, there is only about 1/2" of clearance between the trailer and the tranny pan, by the time the frame on the trailer is to the x member there is plenty of room there.