New Custom Crossmember for Alli

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I've spent some "quality time" getting to know the underbelly of my trucks over the years.

I kid you not: On 2004.5/2005/2006 Dmaxes, the lowest point by FAR is the trans crossmember. It appears to be an afterthought by the General. It's bad enough our frame is so low, but to kill another 2" of clearance by mounting the cross member under the frame rails seemed a pretty dumb move by GM.

There is already a "level" crossmember for our trucks made by DJM, but it's for 2WD only for some dumb reason.

I'll be one of the first in line for the Suncoast piece.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I'm 250 so I'm not a skinny twit and for my truck there's plenty done to it you must want to rip people off on buying something that isn't needed unless the truck is slammed maybe.

So you're a 250lb twit.
Anyone who's ever dealt with Mike will tell you that he doesn't rip people off.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
i saw casper last weekend and i can definatly see a use for this piece !!!
another quality product by a quality guy !

Ya Think

attachment.php

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
You are a moron. You must also be a skinny twit to roll under the crossmember. You sound like you are from Compton. Please post a signature so we can see what you have. We can then pick that apart and shor you how stupid you are.
I LOL'ed. I weigh 145 pounds and I can't even fit under mine. My truck also sits on 34 1/2" tires
So you're a 250lb twit.
Anyone who's ever dealt with Mike will tell you that he doesn't rip people off.
Mike is an awesome guy, I've called him a couple times just to talk about the idiots that reinstalled my buddies transmission at a dealership. :hug:
nice. :rofl:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This got a little out of hand. Name-calling is not permitted here, and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Even if it's an unpopular one.

But then again, Smith6.6 is a representative of a diesel shop that competes with the vendors on this board, and is aligned with perhaps the one of the worst PITA's in the diesel kingdom, TTS. Common tactic of TTS is to slam every single new product for our trucks unless TTS can make a buck on it. If Smith6.6 is going to follow that path, I hope the members here give him grief. There will be no SuperProtection of that philosophy here by the staff. If you want to trash other products, you will not be granted immunity from ridicule as is such at DP.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
This got a little out of hand. Name-calling is not permitted here, and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Even if it's an unpopular one.

But then again, Smith6.6 is a representative of a diesel shop that competes with the vendors on this board, and is aligned with perhaps the one of the worst PITA's in the diesel kingdom, TTS. Common tactic of TTS is to slam every single new product for our trucks unless TTS can make a buck on it. If Smith6.6 is going to follow that path, I hope the members here give him grief. There will be no SuperProtection of that philosophy here by the staff. If you want to trash other products, you will not be granted immunity from ridicule as is such at DP.

I don't choose what products we sell, I work on the trucks

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

whats the deal smith 6.6 i have read alot of threads you've been in on dp and never seen you atack a product , and mike will never sell you anyhting you do not need when i ordered my parts from mike he could have sold me alot more than he did for i would have trusted his word on what i needed and had plenty of money to spend at the time and walked away with a suncoast 3 kit and nothing else. you have the right to an opinion but its kinda boguss to start spouten off at the mouth and calling some one dissohnest . this is a great forum with the best tech data anywere lets keep it that way !

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Well, if you work on 2500HD's you know that the cross member is the low point, and a flush crossmember increases ground clearance. Puzzling.

So the question is: Why would you post a negative comment on a product that you've never used and have no intention of using? I'm absolutely certain you have mods on your truck that I would find useless for my own purposes, but I would not go out of my way to slam how you built your truck.

There are only a very few folk who spend significant time posting about how useless they think other shop's parts are. If you want to join that select club, I suggest you post it where those kinds of "vendor-driven" negative comments are allowed and encouraged. This is not one of those boards.

TTS/Hucksdorf and their employees are more than welcome to post here. But you will not get preferential treatment here; you will be held to the same standard as everyone else is.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
We still hate TTS?

:beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse:

TTS was being used as an example of a shop that constantly posts negative comments about other shop's products.

It's the barometer of slander in Dmaxland. Kinda like calling soda pop "Cokecola", it's a generic term for mudslinging to make a buck.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
I only brought this up because to me it seems like a waste and some people will just buy it because it's new product ( the got to have it) I think it may cause more issue because if you are hitting your crossmember know and you put the new one in there will be a better chance of hitting the torsion bar crossmember if the object is in the center of the frame. With the new one by the way the picture looks the transfercase might be subject to getting hit easier if there isn't a skid plate.

I have not made negative comments on other products out there so I'm not with the group of people that do so, I think mike L has come up with good Ideas this is one I don't think is.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
So which transmission cross member would you recommend for those who want one?

there's not one, there should be some protection between the trans and torsion bar crossmembers so if you hit, it won't be a solid hit on the torsion bar crossmember

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I only brought this up because to me it seems like a waste and some people will just buy it because it's new product ( the got to have it) I think it may cause more issue because if you are hitting your crossmember know and you put the new one in there will be a better chance of hitting the torsion bar crossmember if the object is in the center of the frame. With the new one by the way the picture looks the transfercase might be subject to getting hit easier if there isn't a skid plate.

I have not made negative comments on other products out there so I'm not with the group of people that do so, I think mike L has come up with good Ideas this is one I don't think is.

If mike L has a new product I will buy it! there is always a need for what he sells.
I love the fact that when I purchase stuff from Mike that I also dont need to ask a ton of questions of weather the product is good as I know it will be;)

I just and looked under a new duramax that is at work here:eek: Its full of mud between the skidplate there is no other mud anywhere else just where its sitting so low! On my 03 this actually damaged my T-Case as the pea gravel contantly was rubbing:( you could always add a skid plate to this one if you feel the need

I myself NEED this and WANT it for my 01,If you dont like it that is your opinion but not everyone WANTs what you WANT;)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
there's not one, there should be some protection between the trans and torsion bar crossmembers so if you hit, it won't be a solid hit on the torsion bar crossmember

Have you ever seen a buckled Tbar mount? I haven't. It's pretty stout, and tucked up under the frame rails.

Guess you shouldn't buy one. I will.