New Custom Crossmember for Alli

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
... Your scenario about the deep pan does not hold water as the crossmember sits behind the pan so the pan takes the hit first. If the hit is hard enough which I have seen; the crossmember was not an issue.

Mike, if you are driving backwards at high speed in serious off-road conditions, that crossmember could save the pan!! It would hit the rock and break it into little pieces to save the pan.

Lesson? Don't drive forward in the dirt.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
...When I pull the truck on to the trailer, there is only about 1/2" of clearance between the trailer and the tranny pan, by the time the frame on the trailer is to the x member there is plenty of room there.

If your trans pan is the same height as the crossmember, the crossmember will be the first restriction to loading on your trailer. Been there, done that. It's a simple matter of geometry. The closer you are to the front tire, the less clearance is required when loading on a trailer.

If you'd like snapshots, I will provide them. But only if we get an apology in exchange.

Personally, I don't run a deep trans pan due to clearance issues, but instead, I have a thick trans blanket which can snag on the trailer.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike, I don't believe you sell anything that wasn't test, didn't work, or was worthless. My comments pertaining the bolts where an example of what you could do, due to all the respect you've gained over the years. Selling junk would not of gotten you where to are today!

Once again, I challenge someone to find where I bashed this product. I didn't! My truck goes from the garage, to the trailer, to the pulling track. My truck by far is no asphalt queen, 95% of the time it spent on the dirt.
When I pull the truck on to the trailer, there is only about 1/2" of clearance between the trailer and the tranny pan, by the time the frame on the trailer is to the x member there is plenty of room there.

John
I don't know what I did to you wisconsin guys to make you so relentless in bashing something you've never seen. I will remember this; in a positive way.;):D
I think this thread has served it's purpose. There is nothing more I can tell you since the product is not built.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So again Mike-back on track-what is the ETA of this fabulous new thing from the land of smiling sheep?

How much testing are you going to do with it before it becomes available to the public?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
So again Mike-back on track-what is the ETA of this fabulous new thing from the land of smiling sheep?

How much testing are you going to do with it before it becomes available to the public?

Casper will have one ASAP. I think that will be a worty test for what I need:D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'll have to go look again, but I think the bottom my deep pan sits above the bottom of the framerails on my truck.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
you must want to rip people off on buying something that isn't needed unless the truck is slammed maybe

We still hate TTS?

I only brought this up because to me it seems like a waste

O/T-

Smith 6.6 you got nutz. big stout MF'ers.

Nobody ever takes on the establishment here and remains to tell the tale.

right or wrong.... respect you for the fact you didn't "roll over".

What a waste of steel!

Wow! Not once did I read that Smith6.6 bashed the new mount.

Yeah, me neither...

The 3(4) of you might have a future together...

Vote NO on Prop 8...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah, me neither...

The 3(4) of you might have a future together...

Vote NO on Prop 8...

HAHAHAHAHA:D Chris remember if the majority vote No on Prop 8 you and Octavio Emilio Augunando can stay married and have little Beanes running around LOL WOW way off topic :D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Production will start tomorrow. I will put up pictures as I get them. Suncoast will test the first one on their company truck. I will get one at the same time.

JakeGMCHD

May 17, 2008
Sounds great Mike.
I've seen quite a few local trucks with them bent up. It will be nice to get rid of the grader feature on these trucks.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Well I noticed today while loding my truck on the trailer that my crossmember DOES rub. And the deep pan sits a touch lower than the member maybe the same height I cant really tell, its just my miscalibrated eyeball.

I did notice that while loading the pan misses and the crossmember is what rubs.

Just some fuel for the fire

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Before the lift the torsion bars were above the Transfer Case x member. they were moved below, because they would run right through the middle of the X member if not dropped. I'll check and see if I can get enough angle out of the bars in the A-arm, since the X member is out.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think the T-Bars need to be almost straight inline with the front end to keep things from binding and breaking. There are no lateral pivot points in the T-Bar system only twisting. The dropped T-bars with a lift is just how things have to be with our lifted suspension systems-unless you convert to a solid front end.:D

However I do see what you are saying. The 4" lift you might be able to tuck it up above, but definetly not with a 6" or bigger.

How much of a lift do you have Mike? 4"?

Last edited:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I think the T-Bars need to be almost straight inline with the front end to keep things from binding and breaking. There are no lateral pivot points in the T-Bar system only twisting. The dropped T-bars with a lift is just how things have to be with our lifted suspension systems-unless you convert to a solid front end.:D

However I do see what you are saying. The 4" lift you might be able to tuck it up above, but definetly not with a 6" or bigger.

How much of a lift do you have Mike? 4"?

I belive cognitio has a 10 inch tht is tucked u inside and where working on the 4inch system