New Custom Crossmember for Alli

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Have you ever seen a buckled Tbar mount? I haven't. It's pretty stout, and tucked up under the frame rails.

Guess you shouldn't buy one. I will.

If you have a lift kit like my 05 does the T bar mount is the new lowest thing:eek: I have hit mine pretty hard and never hurt it yet:D

Smith6.6 you best being informing Cognito that they need protection for the T-Bar mount. And tell everyone about how you think its a waste of THERE money.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
there's not one, there should be some protection between the trans and torsion bar crossmembers so if you hit, it won't be a solid hit on the torsion bar crossmember

Which one of you clowns at Huckdork diesel switched the input shaft in nasty girl and left the torrington out of the input shaft? I was told it was you.:baby: That's right ; you were thrown under the bus. :poke:

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
Which one of you clowns at Huckdork diesel switched the input shaft in nasty girl and left the torrington out of the input shaft? I was told it was you.:baby: That's right ; you were thrown under the bus. :poke:

you only wish it would be me since I don't like one of your products, I wasn't even in town when keith was there. He got my input shaft because a friend picked it up and gave it to keith to use. So get your facts straight you clown

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
O/T-

Smith 6.6 you got nutz. big stout MF'ers.

Nobody ever takes on the establishment here and remains to tell the tale.

right or wrong.... respect you for the fact you didn't "roll over".

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
O/T-

Myself I have ZERO respect

Comes in bashes the product for what reason? Tells people they dont need it? Who the hell is he to decide what I need?

Jerk off IMO

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
Myself I have ZERO respect

Comes in bashes the product for what reason? Tells people they dont need it? Who the hell is he to decide what I need?

Jerk off IMO

I don't see the need and that is my opinion, I haven't had issues or have I seen any issues with them in this my area

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
O/T-

"Down with the Establishment!!" "Don't trust anyone over 30!!!" "Pass that Doobie!!!"

:D

It doesn't take balls to post on the internet. Pretty sure my wife ain't equipped with them, and she has the highest post count.

It's not like you can get banned from this site for pissing off the admins or moderators.

This was perhaps before your time, but let me tell you a tale of times gone by:

Once upon a time, there was a Blacksmith, Prince Eric The Large. He found a serious problem with our engines. There was a dragon who was devouring our cam pins. Eric drew his trusty sword, "KeyWay". KeyWay slew the dragon with one fell swoop of it's razor edge.

But there was an evil King in the next land, who was jealous of Prince Eric, King Compton. The king proclaimed the dragon was not dead, it was just faking it, and said that only he, King Compton could truly slay such a dragon once and for all. The King rounded up his subjects to taunt Prince Eric and locked him in the dungeon. Things looked bleak. But after many moons, folk noticed a serious lack of dragon shit in the kingdom. Their shoes were finally clean! The subjects questioned the King as to whether the dragon was indeed dead. And the King replied, "Of course it is. I killed it!!" :rolleyes:

This is just one chapter of many in the Tales of Dmaxland. But they all have the same moral: "Slay the Dragon first, ask questions later".

Mike L is quite the accomplished dragonslayer as well. We humbly bow to him and his wisdom, but only because dragons fear him. Not because he claims they don't exist or are just faking it.

Last edited:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I don't see the need and that is my opinion, I haven't had issues or have I seen any issues with them in this my area

The factory brace is an ugly thing that hangs down about 1-1/2 inches below the frame. My truck is at stock height. Lying on the ground - nevermind using a creeper - I can barely squeeze under that crossmember with almost no room to even move. If as a 250-pounder you can lie under a stock truck and actually work on it......either you have a pin head or the scrawniest 250lb body in existence.

Whether there's an actual need for one of those braces or not? These trucks don't NEED most of the things we do to them. But I drive in snow during winter and go offroad to hunt during spring/ summer. The brace on my truck is scraped and I wouldn't mind some extra clearance. Your contention about torsion bar vulnerability is total crap.

Don't know what your story is but nobody would ever try and force you to buy one of these things. Implying that Mike's trying to peddle something which has no purpose is just stupid.

Last edited:

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
We have all read many threads that seem to end up going down the proverbially "non-tech" tube, like this one. Everyone is entitled to opinion, but in the end if you don't like, or feel the need to buy any product....Don't!, its just that simple!

If somebody else feels they want, and is willing to pay for, any product. Does anyone really think that a few line of typed text is going to prevent someone for buying the product? Not your money so why do you care what people buy?

More Tech less BS!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My oringinal thought on this crossmember was for cosmetic purposes. I talked to a bunch of people and asked if they would like to clean up the lines on their trucks. The answer was an overwhelming yes. I then talked Ron into building it for me.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think it looks pretty sweet. One thing I'm curious about is the factory transfercase skid plate. IIRC the skid plate bolts to the factory cross member. Is this new cross member going to have provisions for that?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think it looks pretty sweet. One thing I'm curious about is the factory transfercase skid plate. IIRC the skid plate bolts to the factory cross member. Is this new cross member going to have provisions for that?

Absolutely.

The picture I showed is a computer drawing and not the final product. I will have real pictures in a couple of weeks.
There is a new transfer case brace coming out for the late trucks also.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh master of ceremonies please entertain us more frequently with your tails of yore. Thats funny shat right there!!! There isn't much more entertaining on the web than reading a sheep getting ripped apart in a wolfs den.
"Down with the Establishment!!" "Don't trust anyone over 30!!!" "Pass that Doobie!!!"

:D

It doesn't take balls to post on the internet. Pretty sure my wife ain't equipped with them, and she has the highest post count.

It's not like you can get banned from this site for pissing off the admins or moderators.

This was perhaps before your time, but let me tell you a tale of times gone by:

Once upon a time, there was a Blacksmith, Prince Eric The Large. He found a serious problem with our engines. There was a dragon who was devouring our cam pins. Eric drew his trusty sword, "KeyWay". KeyWay slew the dragon with one fell swoop of it's razor edge.

But there was an evil King in the next land, who was jealous of Prince Eric, King Compton. The king proclaimed the dragon was not dead, it was just faking it, and said that only he, King Compton could truly slay such a dragon once and for all. The King rounded up his subjects to taunt Prince Eric and locked him in the dungeon. Things looked bleak. But after many moons, folk noticed a serious lack of dragon shit in the kingdom. Their shoes were finally clean! The subjects questioned the King as to whether the dragon was indeed dead. And the King replied, "Of course it is. I killed it!!" :rolleyes:

This is just one chapter of many in the Tales of Dmaxland. But they all have the same moral: "Slay the Dragon first, ask questions later".

Mike L is quite the accomplished dragonslayer as well. We humbly bow to him and his wisdom, but only because dragons fear him. Not because he claims they don't exist or are just faking it.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
I don't choose what products we sell, I work on the trucks
Your guilty by association, tard. If you liked your customers you would persuade your employer to buy from vendors who build parts that last and work correctly and actually know how to R&D parts not just Rippoff&Distribute parts.

Big C

Oct 31, 2008
MN
What a waste of steel! If you guys can't roll under it maybe you should think about makeing the truck taller. why upgrade looks on some thing that you can't even see. But then again i guess that give you guys something to rub one off to!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What a waste of steel! If you guys can't roll under it maybe you should think about makeing the truck taller. why upgrade looks on some thing that you can't even see. But then again i guess that give you guys something to rub one off to!

Let me guess. Legally blind? Or have never seen a Chevy truck?

Getting warm?

I'm looking out my window and at 50' away I can see the crossmembers of the Dmaxes in the parking lot, and I have poor eyesight.

PS - Did you know you are posting from the same computer as Smith 6.6? Is he sitting on your lap, or are you sitting on his? :confused:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

I think your ride is a bigger waste of steel.:baby: