Got my trans built but shifts extremely hard

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
And it was ran off drive pressure which is higher then boost pressure it wasn't leaking infer boost I checked to make sure it wasn't cause I was down on boost before the trans build started but I was only making 22psi when I usually hold 26 but I was also down on rail pressure it was only getting to 23k we thought it was a fprv because i haven't touched mine yet that was gonna come after the trans so we now think maybe it was going out and that's why I wasn't making full boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
23kpsi on the rail isn't low IMO and should be fully fueled at that point.

And please work on your sentence structure. Your English teacher will thank you.

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
I was holding 26k before is the only reason I say it's low it's held 26k for over a year now but I noticed it just before I started the trans when I went to run at the dragstrip that it wasn't making 26k like it used too I'm not saying that's low but it's lower then what it was running for so long.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Yea but if I do a s475 over stock will I not have to rebuild the stock turbo anyway with better bearings and a better wheel?

No, plenty of people running a compound setup with stock turbos that have 200k+ miles untouched. You could, but there's more to rebuilding a turbo then just slapping some bearings in it. To do it right costs more than 200 bucks.

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
I probably honestly won't be the one building it my boss probably will so yall think I'm better off buying a used stock turbo? I can get batmowheel for 375 and then the rebuild kit is a batmowheel not worth it?

rg3whitelbz

Jan 19, 2013
Maryland
I'd personally put a used turbo in it and make sure the truck runs right. Good luck Justin I've been reading this for a couple weeks now.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I probably honestly won't be the one building it my boss probably will so yall think I'm better off buying a used stock turbo? I can get batmowheel for 375 and then the rebuild kit is a batmowheel not worth it?

really dont matter cause you will be making enough power to bend rods quickly.

HP goals should be dictating what you should be doing with that stock charger

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Long term goals I'd like to see 1000 at the wheels short term Saturday I was hoping to put down 650 at the wheels with my new tunes and meth but the compound set up is a while down the road as well probably and I don't beat the hell out of my truck on the 5 tune all the time but I do figure I'll be knocking on the door of the hp limits of the internals which when I do bend a rod I'll pull the motor and build it haven't looked to hard at all that yet whether just build it with better rods and coated factory pistons I would love to build a 7.1 stroker but like I said I was planning on laying down around 650 at the wheels Saturday on the dyno before my turbo went out assuming my trans was broke in good by then but that would be on 5 tune spraying around 1200ml/m of water meth so daily driving wise I wouldn't be seeing that number.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Long term goals I'd like to see 1000 at the wheels short term Saturday I was hoping to put down 650 at the wheels with my new tunes and meth but the compound set up is a while down the road as well probably and I don't beat the hell out of my truck on the 5 tune all the time but I do figure I'll be knocking on the door of the hp limits of the internals which when I do bend a rod I'll pull the motor and build it haven't looked to hard at all that yet whether just build it with better rods and coated factory pistons I would love to build a 7.1 stroker but like I said I was planning on laying down around 650 at the wheels Saturday on the dyno before my turbo went out assuming my trans was broke in good by then but that would be on 5 tune spraying around 1200ml/m of water meth so daily driving wise I wouldn't be seeing that number.

you REALLY gotta use some punctuation. You wouldnt be any where near 650 on a stock turbo and water/meth. Might hit high 500's (and im thinking best case scenario and thats actual rwhp, not inflated dyno numbers you can get some times) but your still 3k off demanded, that is a 25-50hp loss.

You have alot research to do. either way, the stocker with a s475 over top wont get you to 1000rwhp

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Sorry bout the punctuation haha not very good in English class. But how will I be lucky to make 500? DT guarantees 550 at the wheels with supporting mods which I have. Not counting water meth which I have researched countless hours. I have the same set up as someone who dyno ed with and without it and gained 102rwhp with it given that was on a stock tune there's still no reason at all I should be lucky to make 500 at the wheels.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Sorry bout the punctuation haha not very good in English class. But how will I be lucky to make 500? DT guarantees 550 at the wheels with supporting mods which I have. Not counting water meth which I have researched countless hours. I have the same set up as someone who dyno ed with and without it and gained 102rwhp with it given that was on a stock tune there's still no reason at all I should be lucky to make 500 at the wheels.

The most I seen out of my meth kit was a 35-40hp gain,

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
I'll link the page later when I get home. Its a big thread on duramax forum all you need to know about water meth. It's a huge thread I think a little over 200 pages, but it has his dyno sheets on there with and without the water meth. He did all kinds of test on percentages and what kinda water to run and everything. But again that was on his truck with stock tune on, it may not give as much on a bigger tune. But I still see no reason at all my truck would not be getting close to 650. I mean that may be a little much but the tunes alone guarantee 550+ rwhp and the water meth on that. I mean if it didn't put down 650 then I would be alright with that but if it made less the 500 I would have to get in a wreck on the way home.. That's way to much hard work for a little more then 200 hp lol

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Either way back to my question. If a short term goal was 650 at the wheels is a batmowheel worth the investment? Since a stock charger will not reach that I know a batmowheel will hold a little more but how much? And I prefer not go big single and don't have the more for compounds yet.

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
So I went back and looked at DTs site. They changed it from the last time I read it. But the built Trans tunes put down between 510 and 550rwhp.