Got my trans built but shifts extremely hard

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
your post has lasted longer than it should have.

=
=
=
duracell_bunny_by_toddfan.jpg

=
=

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Alright so I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to keep this thread going. But I rebuilt my turbo and got it back on Monday been driving it. I put my bigger tunes on it yesterday and kept it in the economy 160 hp tune. When I put them on, the trans shifted perfect for probably 7 or 8 up shifts through all of the gears, got on it twice with normal driving in between it drove fine. I put it in tow haul and got into it to pass a car next time I stopped and took off again it was back to shifting hard. So I wanna say that my tow haul is causing some kind of issue not sure if that's possible or what. It's the only thing that makes since to me. Today after work ima put a stock vb in and see what it does. If it helps I will put the shift kit in one part at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Tow haul mode is not causing your problems.

It needs to learn in both modes as cat already said.

And don't put the shift kit back in "one part at a time" please. Your in over your head. Your trying to reinvent the wheel with something that has been done 1000s of times with success.

Either keep driving it and allow it time to learn in. Or take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk