Got my trans built but shifts extremely hard

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I beat mine to death and see how hard I can run it everyday before something or some things fly apart. Then I put big kid stuff on it and try it again. Not so much on the LMM though, it's like a drug dealer, can't trust it, I want to but can't do it, have flash backs of pulling my motor in a blizzard and more wore out holes then Jenna Jameson.

This post right here is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! LOL!!:roflmao:

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Would there gt42 be good for an over stock compound setup if I can get it for a good price? or would the s475 be better?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
And maybe some adderall, I have add like a mofo, much like this thread.

Get your trans straight before you worry about 2+ grand in turbos. Find a good stocker, get the truck right, sell the stock one and get what you want. LLY turbos are pretty easy to sell.

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Well I'm not worried about it that much I'm gonna get the trans straightened out first but if I have a good deal on a turbo sitting in front of me that I can use in the future them i see no reason to not buy it and put it on the shelf but I'm not dropping 2k on anything lol

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dude, please, for crying out loud. For now, just for now, put a stock good used turbo on there and then figure your tranny problems first. Don't throw more things into the mix. Fix one problem at a time. You'll thank us later.

Once your truck is running good again, then weigh your options about turbos. Turbos can be found for good deals pretty often.

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Yall tell me to listen but do yall even listen to me? I said I would put it on the shelf not on the truck I've got yalls point put my stock charger on the truck till the trans is done

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Yea I know turbo on the trans first. Is there a problem with putting a stock vb in my trans with it having everything else done? Just to see if it's a vb issue? If it continues to shift gard after I get it driving a few more days.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
So stock vb would be fine for a short test? I'll try that after I drive the truck a couple more days to see how it's doing.

Mike just told you to do it. For shits sake man, listen to the people that know.

If you want to to actually fix this pile of crap you've made, listen to Mike. Ignore the rest of us if you want, but at least listen to Mike.

Otherwise good luck figuring it out on your own....:)

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Obviously I seen he said do it because I responded to what he said I asked to make sure he was answering that and not answering about buying the turbo in person I ask questions twice like that as well usually to make sure that was what they were answering you know if yall can't help anyone out why not get the hell out of this thread then cause what you say like that doesn't really change what I think or what I do if you think I'm am idoit or don't need to work on trucks ever because I ask some stupid questions sometimes I really don't give a damn I do it for a living I've built plenty of motors that are still running strong and I do a damn good job at what I do but no I don't know everything like transmissions so yea I ask questions but just because I do doesn't mean I have no idea what I'm talking about so apparently your tired of reading what I have to say so why not just under subscribe.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Say what you want, I tell you like I used to get told, take the bashing and learn or say **** all and learn the expensive way. I was reading some threads from 2008 I made back in the day, holy ****, I forgot the hell I caught and the shit I destroyed. I just took it and in the end, well my old truck took a lot and is still running somewhere.

These guys aren't calling you a dumb ass in a sense but they want to make sure you understand what you've done and how to correct it. Take it or leave it

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I am giving you short answers because I don't want to get into all kinds of things that you won't understand. I will never tell you to do the wrong thing.
Installing a stock valve body is a good test but it won't be conclusive. Too many variables. I will not go into any more info.
Your post has lasted longer than it should have.