Got my trans built but shifts extremely hard

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
We all had the new boost hardon at some point lol. I remember calling Mike L. about a 1000 horse trans build once upon a time:rofl:

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Haha I bought my truck just wanting a truck not to go fast then once I bought my first tunes I was hooked I need more power constantly It's and addiction haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Mid-500s, but its not optimal or advisable. Same with a stock turbo.

Ask me how I know. :hehe:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
When I first started raving a 10 psi launch I was running around 82 mph after I started launching 16 psi it dropped to 75 mph no difference in the truck I know all of those things have to be right and like I said I was hoping to make that much but yall make it clear that won't happen and yes I do have a lot to learn 21 years old I just bought my truck 3 years ago I didn't know a single thing about a diesel I stayed up countless nights reading stuff on forums I'm in college for diesel mechanics and I've been working at a small performance shop for 6 months I don't claim to be a duramax expert but it seems like when you don't know something people just want to tell you your wrong or can't do it instead of actually explaining things and how it works or why it won't work it's clear I'm not making 600 ok stock turbo is it possible a batmowheel will though?

The Trans is one thing we can't tell you how to do or work correctly over the Internet. Way too many variables to compare and that Trans is very complicated. As Mike says time and time again, an allisons is easy till something goes wrong. You don't know how to fix it and we can't fix it for you all the time. Then when you do fix it, you don't know what it was that was your issue or how you did something fixed the chain of events to fix it. As far as I'm concerned, I can put money it won't be your last time in that Trans in the near future. This does not mean you are not competent enough to do other performance upgrades. We don't ***** foot around, we give it straight. Until you fully understand the hydraulics, tcm workings, and know exactly how each mod or change done to the Trans affects it shifting and performance wise, you don't really know how to fix it when problems come up. I've been in this diesel game for a long time. I've built my engine, I've modded and cut up my twin kit, I've built and setup coilovers kits for these trucks, rebuilt my tcase, rebuilt rear ends, but I will not touch an Allison. I am too close to a guy who knows them in and out like the back of his sheep and I want it to work as best as possible without worry like I built the rest of this truck on.

Now am I telling you your an idiot for building the Trans? No, but you need to really start digging into the info about the inner working of this Trans if you want to continue dialing it in.

As for your launch times, again, you are taking a FAR difference in launch. When you near the max of your setup, the mph will not change much like I said. Your on the right track of thinking but you don't quite have the experience to understand what I'm saying. As you run the truck, you will see. Plus the fact it's hard to explain over text without making a book

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
Alright lol I'm pretty sure mine are the original injectors anyway so I don't know how long they will last haha

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
The Trans is one thing we can't tell you how to do or work correctly over the Internet. Way too many variables to compare and that Trans is very complicated. As Mike says time and time again, an allisons is easy till something goes wrong. You don't know how to fix it and we can't fix it for you all the time. Then when you do fix it, you don't know what it was that was your issue or how you did something fixed the chain of events to fix it. As far as I'm concerned, I can put money it won't be your last time in that Trans in the near future. This does not mean you are not competent enough to do other performance upgrades. We don't ***** foot around, we give it straight. Until you fully understand the hydraulics, tcm workings, and know exactly how each mod or change done to the Trans affects it shifting and performance wise, you don't really know how to fix it when problems come up. I've been in this diesel game for a long time. I've built my engine, I've modded and cut up my twin kit, I've built and setup coilovers kits for these trucks, rebuilt my tcase, rebuilt rear ends, but I will not touch an Allison. I am too close to a guy who knows them in and out like the back of his sheep and I want it to work as best as possible without worry like I built the rest of this truck on.

Now am I telling you your an idiot for building the Trans? No, but you need to really start digging into the info about the inner working of this Trans if you want to continue dialing it in.

As for your launch times, again, you are taking a FAR difference in launch. When you near the max of your setup, the mph will not change much like I said. Your on the right track of thinking but you don't quite have the experience to understand what I'm saying. As you run the truck, you will see. Plus the fact it's hard to explain over text without making a book
Yes I would prefer talk to someone in person then through a text because things seem to get mixed up easier over text I understand that the transmission issues were exactly someone could just be like here's your problem fix it but I do appreciate all the help that people gave me when I was building it. And hopefully I won't have to go into it again. Now I am interested in this coil over set up you have came up with and would like to know about that I have my truck dropped 6" in the rear and bars all the way down and am considering going a little lower in the rear to level it because it still rakes I put some rancho 9000 xls on it that were shorter but I blew one in a month.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I beat mine to death and see how hard I can run it everyday before something or some things fly apart. Then I put big kid stuff on it and try it again. Not so much on the LMM though, it's like a drug dealer, can't trust it, I want to but can't do it, have flash backs of pulling my motor in a blizzard and more wore out holes then Jenna Jameson.

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
I try not to beat mine to death all the time but sometimes I do just to make sure everything is still good haha

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Track times, and mph are 2 different things.....

Track times (ET) vary yes, but mph for some reason isn't nearly as easily affected by the variables.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

this :thumb:

trap speeds tell the HP story

However, HP is just a number. ET tells you how everything is working together...you often see a lower HP vehicle turn a much lower ET than a higher HP vehicle.

What would you rather have, a vehicle that runs low 10's at 125 mph or a vehicle that runs high 11's at 140+ mph? The low 10 vehicle most certainly makes less HP than the high 11 vehicle, but has the total package and is efficient.

Just saying... ;)

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
So a buddy of mine has a gt4094 turbo he said he would sell me that he's had sitting in his garage from his old duramax told me to make him an off if I can get it for a decent price I think I'm just gonna get it instead of dropping money on another stock turbo

justindavis38

Jun 18, 2015
Hickory, NC
I could be wrong though I thought he said 4094 but that says it's a 52mm he said it was a 70mm so it must me a gt42 I gotta text him tonight and find out the details about it