LLY: All 8 injectors bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Alright here is the current lowdown... I am an idiot, first of all. When I took the rails off to clean them, I forgot to tighten the T50 plug on the left rail, the one on the back. Anyway, I was too stupid or I am getting blind in my old age, to see the small leak. Anyway, took it off and tightened it, and boom, fired right up. BUT!

It smokes white like a freight train.... BAD...
I made a little video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_301s_l6-dk

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That kinda looks like coolant steam to me.......:confused: Tough to tell on a video. Does the exhaust smell coolantish or like raw diesel?

I should know this - but do LLY's have injector cups?

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
That kinda looks like coolant steam to me.......:confused: Tough to tell on a video. Does the exhaust smell coolantish or like raw diesel?

I should know this - but do LLY's have injector cups?

Raw diesel. It is getting WAY too much fuel for some reason. What sensor would cause that?? That is all i can think of, some sensor is messed up making it think for some reason it needs to just dump ungodly amounts of diesel in. It is definitely not coolant...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Raw diesel. It is getting WAY too much fuel for some reason. What sensor would cause that?? That is all i can think of, some sensor is messed up making it think for some reason it needs to just dump ungodly amounts of diesel in. It is definitely not coolant...

any codes? are they stock injectors?

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If the rail pressure is too high at idle that could cause it did you make sure the regulator on the CP3 was plugged in all the way

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
any codes? are they stock injectors?

If the rail pressure is too high at idle that could cause it did you make sure the regulator on the CP3 was plugged in all the way

Yeah that is the thing, I don't have a reader, I have just been throwing parts at it...... Yeah they are stock, brand new injectors along with a stock reman cp3.

@ kevinL Yup I think I plugged it in until it clicked, I will recheck it though.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah that is the thing, I don't have a reader, I have just been throwing parts at it...... Yeah they are stock, brand new injectors along with a stock reman cp3.

@ kevinL Yup I think I plugged it in until it clicked, I will recheck it though.

where are you located man?

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
i'd ask if anyone area your area has EFI Live, what wouldn't mind helping you out. You can tell a lot very easily and quickly.

Do I just google efi live? Any special one? I will just order one it if it will help fix it, at least I could sell it when I fix the truck and recoup some of that cost.

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
any vender on here sells efi live pretty sure of. it you do go the route i may be intersted in buying it from you win youer done!:hug:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Pull the glowplugs out and crank it over and see if you got fuel shooting out one of the holes-could have a hung injector.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
i'd ask if anyone area your area has EFI Live, what wouldn't mind helping you out. You can tell a lot very easily and quickly.

Diesel Place has a ton of members. Maybe there is someone in your area with EFILive or a Tech 2? I would check over there as well.
You really need to check your rail pressure and do a balance rate check.

Last edited:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Just took it for a drive, and I am getting low coolant level on the DIC and enough white smoke to where I couldn't see in my rearview. It was solid white smoke. I have never seen so much white smoke come out of a tailpipe. I will try to get a video of it here in a bit, it is pretty incredible This is as bad as when my 03 6.0 powerstroke took a dump. It blew up at 104k miles and I had to buy a new engine for the thing. Looks like the same thing goes for gm motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.