LLY: All 8 injectors bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry to hear you sold it. Id bet if you put it up for sale here, you'd have sold it quickly for that price, too.

In hindsight, if one of the members here were closer, they probably could have stopped by and helped you diagnose it in the first place. Sometimes its just too tough to do that over the net. Would have saved you a lot of money and time.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks for all your help, you were instrumental in the diagnosis.

no problem, figured you would get confused if id try to explain how to properly diagnose it :thumb: :banging:

you wouldnt have gotten near the flack your gettin if you would have tried to daignose it correctly and not just thrown parts at the truck, then when that didnt work, you junked the truck. hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Wow. Only on the internet....:eek: you sure wouldn't say that to my face.

I have a 09 dodge with the cummins, and an 07 with the powerstroke, both have their little issues, mostly with the exhaust filters, but neither have been as bad as this 05. So, whatever you want to say :rofl:

Yes do that, we wouldn't want anybody who was considering buying a new Duramax to run across information like this, it might hurt sales... You guys like take personal offense to what I say about the engine, like it was your son or daughter I was criticizing. Get over it, I am not even sure why I am replying to this rude things you all have to say, you all act like I am some welfare abusing leach who lives under a bridge, when I am just another 53 year old, retired, balding, white guy who enjoys fishing and beer who had some problems with one of his trucks. Thanks a lot, I am really impressed with people nowdays, this is the last time I ever get on the internet for help, you people are as nasty as a crazed peach orchard boar.

Ok, Good luck! Stick with fishing & beer... Oh and maybe gasoline engines!

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Wow. Only on the internet....:eek: you sure wouldn't say that to my face.

I have a 09 dodge with the cummins, and an 07 with the powerstroke, both have their little issues, mostly with the exhaust filters, but neither have been as bad as this 05. So, whatever you want to say :rofl:

Yes do that, we wouldn't want anybody who was considering buying a new Duramax to run across information like this, it might hurt sales... You guys like take personal offense to what I say about the engine, like it was your son or daughter I was criticizing. Get over it, I am not even sure why I am replying to this rude things you all have to say, you all act like I am some welfare abusing leach who lives under a bridge, when I am just another 53 year old, retired, balding, white guy who enjoys fishing and beer who had some problems with one of his trucks. Thanks a lot, I am really impressed with people nowdays, this is the last time I ever get on the internet for help, you people are as nasty as a crazed peach orchard boar.

What ever gets you through the day... :thumb:

Can't wait to hear from you, in the future, on the Cummins forums regarding the soon to be ' made ' " junkie " Dodge.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
All I have to say is wow it takes balls to ask for help fixing a truck then bitching about the help your getting. I have a feeling I know what was going on with this truck but wouldn't have bothered helping purely based on behavior. I have to help. Enough people that act like that at work, at least I get paid for that. I saw many people giving reasonable advice only to get attitude in return.

Moral of the story don't piss off the people trying to help you out

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
no problem, figured you would get confused if id try to explain how to properly diagnose it :thumb: :banging:

you wouldnt have gotten near the flack your gettin if you would have tried to daignose it correctly and not just thrown parts at the truck, then when that didnt work, you junked the truck. hmmmmmm

:yup:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I mean come on fellows did you really think that someone signing up here as brokendowndmax with injector issues was going to end with a Happy Ending?

He junked the truck for $7500 bucks? Ya ok :rolleyes:

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
What ever gets you through the day... :thumb:

Can't wait to hear from you, in the future, on the Cummins forums regarding the soon to be ' made ' " junkie " Dodge.

Nah, I learned my lesson... Always take them to the dealer when they blow up, because I can't fix it myself... :thumb::thumb:

All I have to say is wow it takes balls to ask for help fixing a truck then bitching about the help your getting. I have a feeling I know what was going on with this truck but wouldn't have bothered helping purely based on behavior. I have to help. Enough people that act like that at work, at least I get paid for that. I saw many people giving reasonable advice only to get attitude in return.

Moral of the story don't piss off the people trying to help you out

Attitude in return? Yeah mainly I gave attitude to that Duratothemax person who was rude because I am not an expert duramax enthusiast, I don't remember giving attitude to anyone else. Sorry if you think I did, but I didn't do it intentionally. I appreciate all the help I got, that's all I wanted to say!!!

Well, that is all I could do at the time.... I didn't have the efi computer thing then, I was just doing what I thought would work, and I am not sure why it didn't.

Ok, Good luck! Stick with fishing & beer... Oh and maybe gasoline engines!

Thanks, I hope I do have good luck!

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
I mean come on fellows did you really think that someone signing up here as brokendowndmax with injector issues was going to end with a Happy Ending?

He junked the truck for $7500 bucks? Ya ok :rolleyes:

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Personally, I think I made out of this like a bandit. In good running order, the truck would have MAYBE brought $12k or $13k, I got $7,500 for it broken down! I am happy as a clam! Expensive lesson, but I learned a lot from it.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Sorry to hear you sold it. Id bet if you put it up for sale here, you'd have sold it quickly for that price, too.

In hindsight, if one of the members here were closer, they probably could have stopped by and helped you diagnose it in the first place. Sometimes its just too tough to do that over the net. Would have saved you a lot of money and time.

Thanks for the words... Yeah I would have put it up on here, but it would have been a lot of trouble for an out of state guy to come and maybe buy a truck that might not even be repairable, I would hate to sell something in that condition to a hard working guy then find out it is screwed up and can't be fixed, rather just pawn it off on a junkyard. I do appreciate the help!!! I still have one Duramax though, and I just bought it in January... A 2010.... So I am sure I will be back on here when the warranty runs out on it!!!! :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well, that is all I could do at the time.... I didn't have the efi computer thing then, I was just doing what I thought would work, and I am not sure why it didn't.

this is where you went wrong. when you get that deep into a diesel (common rail) you have to take extensive care into what you pull apart and clean thourghly. In the last psot of yours before you junked it it sounded like it was gunna be a 20 dallar fix, maybe even a quick cleaning. you jump to conculsions and got rid of a perfectly good truck alot of people on here would have loved to have. On this site we look at our trucks like children (some even more lol) and when you come here askin for help, throw parts at it, keep drivin it when you know there is still something really wrong, then junk it, it really puts a dagger though alot of guys here (im one of them) cause had you asked more questions and not assumed, your truck probably would be on the road right now and you wouldnt have alot of pissed off guys on here who tired to help you. stick with the dealer to fix it now or someone esle

Last edited:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
If you all want the truck, Jim of Jim's Salvage City and Wrecker Service might sell it, I don't know. I drove by his place this morning because I was curious if the truck had moved anywhere since I spied on it last night, and NO he is not going to get it fixed I don't think, I saw it being moved with an all terrain fork lift out to the yard to part out I assume. PM me for his personal cell phone number, I would more than happy to provide it to you all, he is a great guy and has quite a few Duramax trucks out in his yard. :thumb:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
wow. Just like I suspected....I knew this would happen. You didnt actually give a shit about fixing it, you just wanted a good excuse to buy a dodge and when the opportunity presented itself, you gave up before even trying. You're an idiot for doing what you did, you didnt even try to fix it, you could even do what we told you to do.

Like I said, you probably had a previous dislike for this truck and didnt even care about fixing it. You just put a shitty half assed effort in and threw up your hands.

And to top it off, this whole problem isnt even the trucks fault, WTF. You put crappy fuel in a CR cummins and it will shit out just as fast. :rolleyes:

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Attitude in return? Yeah mainly I gave attitude to that Duratothemax person who was rude because I am not an expert duramax enthusiast, I don't remember giving attitude to anyone else. Sorry if you think I did, but I didn't do it intentionally. I appreciate all the help I got, that's all I wanted to say!!!

Sure, that's why you didn't get the help you needed to fix the truck. Despite that there are probably a half dozen or more guys here on this board that could have helped.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
wow. Just like I suspected....I knew this would happen. You didnt actually give a shit about fixing it, you just wanted a good excuse to buy a dodge and when the opportunity presented itself, you gave up before even trying. You're an idiot for doing what you did, you didnt even try to fix it, you could even do what we told you to do.

Like I said, you probably had a previous dislike for this truck and didnt even care about fixing it. You just put a shitty half assed effort in and threw up your hands.

And to top it off, this whole problem isnt even the trucks fault, WTF. You put crappy fuel in a CR cummins and it will shit out just as fast. :rolleyes:

You got it right friend, 100% you know me better than I do. :thumb: :thumb:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Sure, that's why you didn't get the help you needed to fix the truck. Despite that there are probably a half dozen or more guys here on this board that could have helped.

Come on man from the begging of this thread, go read it again, you will see that the duramaxtothemax character was rude and nasty before I was. Yeah I enjoy reading and looking at all of you all's suuped up engines, it is amazing the amount of work you all put into them, and I am sure you know them inside and out... I don't....So I did my best, and failed. I had a kid from the votech that does know all about the duramax motor come out and he hooked it up to the efi computer and we did our best to fix it, but decided it wasn't worth any more money.

What's the dude that has the trucks number ill fix the damn thing if I can get it cheap an you Guy think this is powerdog in disguise lol sure sounds like him

PM sent.

bonescarolfi

Sep 3, 2008
Marshfield WI
Something doesn't seem right here. How many trucks does this guy have? He talked about an 02 dodge, an 09 dodge, the truck he screwed up, an 07 dodge and a 10 dmax. And he says he dropped the money for all the parts and efi live but then dumps the truck cuz it costs too much. If he has the money for all this stuff why wouldn't he have the dealer fix it and be done. Either he somehow has way to much money to waste or its all bs. I'm leaning towards bs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.