LLY: All 8 injectors bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Anyone know were I can get some tall rubber boots the bullshit is getting deep. Hour my ass all day long to change headgaskets on a cummapart rattle trap popcorn box. There's a few more hours work then that. Skipping steps doesn't works in the real world.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Are you serious!!!!! How old did you say you were, you must be the teenager in the family, not the head of household :nutswinger:

where can I get me one of these efi computer module's at :thumb:

Come on man, it was running great. What are you saying that these motors melt pistons when you put a little edge juice on them? Nah, I think the injector hung and dumped all the fuel available and burned the top of the piston.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Anyone know were I can get some tall rubber boots the bullshit is getting deep. Hour my ass all day long to change headgaskets on a cummapart rattle trap popcorn box. There's a few more hours work then that. Skipping steps doesn't works in the real world.

Good reading there buddy, I said to change injectors.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I am sure he did, he was playing with it for a while. This was before I figured out that it actually wasn't using coolant and before I did a compression test, I didn't have the right isuzu adapater for my snap on gauge at that time. He said probably what happened to cause all the white smoke was the water in the fuel damaged the cylinders and the white smoke was blow by and unburnt fuel coming through the pcv to the turbocharger. He said it has happened a couple times to the duramax engines he has seen. I don't know, I don't work on them at all, I never have. My damn wife was griping up a storm jumping all over me saying it was my fault because I am idiot this n that, so I said how about you pay to have it fixed, because she was the one who was driving the truck primarily, I drive my ford or my new duramax. Anyway, junking the truck was primarily to prove a point to her I don't know why I posted up on here about it, I guess I felt some need to finish the thread I started you know.

That much smoke from blow-by would blow your dipstick out of the tube. Plus if it was unburn fuel it would get burnt up the next time it went through the engine and you only would have a little smoke.
Also, if it was unburnt fuel as he said, that would mean you have one or a couple bad injectors which he would have caught if he did a balance rate check.
I highly doubt he checked balance rates or even knows how to log anything.
Your Votech kid was an idiot.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
That much smoke from blow-by would blow your dipstick out of the tube. Plus if it was unburn fuel it would get burnt up the next time it went through the engine and you only would have a little smoke.
Also, if it was unburnt fuel as he said, that would mean you have one or a couple bad injectors which he would have caught if he did a balance rate check.
I highly doubt he checked balance rates or even knows how to log anything.
Your Votech kid was an idiot.

:eek: Are you serious?? I even gave that little lying hack son of a bitch the efi live module he seemed like a good kid, said he worked on these all day long. Yal are saying that he probably didn't do a balance rate check? Is that hard to do, like would a kid who probably never used it before be able to figure it out in a half hour he had the truck? I will call the head diesel instructor up there at the votech, we go way back, if what you are telling me is true, then they aren't teaching them boys up there anything.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
So did the kid also have a laptop to go along with the efi live and how much did you pay for it and from what efi live dealer. Another post you were talking about the adapter for the snap on what model snap on do you have?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
:eek: Are you serious?? I even gave that little lying hack son of a bitch the efi live module he seemed like a good kid, said he worked on these all day long. Yal are saying that he probably didn't do a balance rate check? Is that hard to do, like would a kid who probably never used it before be able to figure it out in a half hour he had the truck? I will call the head diesel instructor up there at the votech, we go way back, if what you are telling me is true, then they aren't teaching them boys up there anything.

you never answered my question, guess you are only 16 :thumb:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
I call bs on changing cr cummins injectors in a hour. How do you get a cordless impact on the back two.

The back two what? Rocker lever hold down bolts to the pedastal? Yeah it is a little 10mm hex head fine thread bolt torqued to like 30 pounds, i can break them loose with a little 1/4 inch drive ratchet, then you unscrew it, then lift it off, don't even have to mess with the adjuster bolt, I just mark them usually and back on they go, never even mess with relashing them. Then what the two 8mm or whatever wire leads, i can unscrew them in nothing flat. Inj hold down bolts? Nothing special there man, it really is simple. pry them injectors out with a flat head screwdriver over the intake rocker, then pull them out.

Last edited:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
So did the kid also have a laptop to go along with the efi live and how much did you pay for it and from what efi live dealer. Another post you were talking about the adapter for the snap on what model snap on do you have?

Jesus christ, I see where this is going. Oh well, arguing is fun aint it. I don't know what kind it is man, its like a 10mm x 1.25 pitch screw in adapater with a quick connect for my gauge. What kind of gauge? I don't know the damn model number, it goes up to 800 pounds, and has a quick connect like air compressor style. Anything else? I will dig up the receipt for the efi thing

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Uh yeah that was a brief summary. Ok so I forgot to say you have to remove the exhaust rocker levers, boost boot, intake horn, get the apps out of the way on pre 05 motors to get to number one pipe. My little snap on impact makes everything easier. How about a complete run down of all the steps? It isn't hard at all, I exaggerated the 30 minutes to prove a point that it can be done in much less than time than this duramax motor, but I can do it in less than an hour all day long, just get stuff good n' tight I never have a problem. valve lash is the most time consuming part of it because I take my time on that, but everything else, good and tight with blue loctite I never have problems. I have only changed 3 sets out on a common rail, so I am not an expert but I do know from experience it is easier. vp44 isb motors are easy though!!

The back two what? Rocker lever hold down bolts to the pedastal? Yeah it is a little 10mm hex head fine thread bolt torqued to like 30 pounds, i can break them loose with a little 1/4 inch drive ratchet, then you unscrew it, then lift it off, don't even have to mess with the adjuster bolt, I just mark them usually and back on they go, never even mess with relashing them. Then what the two 8mm or whatever wire leads, i can unscrew them in nothing flat. Inj hold down bolts? Nothing special there man, it really is simple. pry them injectors out with a flat head screwdriver over the intake rocker, then pull them out.

so one post you take your time with the lash then here you don't. Guess you are a master.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Jesus christ, I see where this is going. Oh well, arguing is fun aint it. I don't know what kind it is man, its like a 10mm x 1.25 pitch screw in adapater with a quick connect for my gauge. What kind of gauge? I don't know the damn model number, it goes up to 800 pounds, and has a quick connect like air compressor style. Anything else? I will dig up the receipt for the efi thing

He'll if Jesus was reading this he would be rolling over. Easy ? Did the boy use a laptop with the efi live hell takes longer then 30 mins to set it up when you first buy it.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
you never answered my question, guess you are only 16 :thumb:

Buddy, I said how old I was earlier in this thread, and it dont make a damn bit of difference now with trying to figure out why the piston melted does it? Course y'all are trying to discredit me as a fraud or something, I don't know why I care so much, maybe it is like a midlife issue I am having or something, but for some reason I care what random people on the internet think.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Not FN likely. And I seriously doubt they would use EFI as a training tool. They likely have never even heard of it.

You don't just plug efi in and push a couple buttons and it works. They need to be installed on the laptop, set up, connected to the truck, PID's selected and validated and the list goes on from there.

Like I said, the kid didn't have a clue what he was doing, fed you a bunch of bs cuz you don't have a clue whats going on with it either, and now here we are talking about a bunch of shit that could have been taken care of a few weeks ago if you had only listened to the people that tried to help you out.

This isn't a dmax are junk problem, but improper diagnosis, vehicle abuse and in the end a you did it to yourself problem.

This thread is done!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.