Your input on a 600hp DD

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
His motor will last longer than yours will.

That is bad information and completley your opinion!maybe How cany you say that a truck with big injectors modded cp3 and fuel rail fittings and all this other stuff he is talking about getting last longer than a truck without all that? Well the injectors will keep the timing down, which wont have as much cylinder pressures. which break things Just because it has twin chargers? Your talking about the same bottem end here. No, you have shitty LBZ pistons, thats actually why I made that comment to begin with. My htt66 was running way out of its map to make the power it was and also had terrible egts with race tuning. Running out of its map at low 600hp? It is all in the tuning so to say what you did IMO is stupid. The only thing that would make his motor last longer than any other lbz is cause having bigger injectors you can lower some of the fueling tables. But to say his motor will last longer is out there because you have no clue what my tuning looks like and how often if ever i run max effort tuning. What if i run the stock tune everday??? You still have junk pistons

in red

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
So I just had my trans built, got a lift pump and have robs tunes. I know I'll want more so I figured I'd get your alls input on a few things. What single charger would be good? I don't want twins. Also what cp3 upgrades if any should I get, as far as nozzles who's a good company to go with and what size? I've been looking at 60% so I have room to grow.

Thanks, Dylan

Do whatever Trent suggests. Thought i knew what i wanted for my turbo setup. Trent made some different suggestions. Very glad i listened to his ideas and didn't build what i thought i wanted.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
His motor will last longer than yours will.

That is bad information and completley your opinion! How cany you say that a truck with big injectors modded cp3 and fuel rail fittings and all this other stuff he is talking about getting last longer than a truck without all that? Just because it has twin chargers? Your talking about the same bottem end here. My htt66 was running way out of its map to make the power it was and also had terrible egts with race tuning. It is all in the tuning so to say what you did IMO is stupid. The only thing that would make his motor last longer than any other lbz is cause having bigger injectors you can lower some of the fueling tables. But to say his motor will last longer is out there because you have no clue what my tuning looks like and how often if ever i run max effort tuning. What if i run the stock tune everday???

Mark, there is a bit more to it but why suggest a s366 like you first said, then say its running off its map with high EGTs to hit 600hp in another post? Your right to a point, an s366 is all the bottom end will hold with stock sticks and pump but is that safe? its mainly how you tune it and if the right parts are used in conjunction based off what you see other people running, how they run them and to what affect each of these parts hold. No ones setup is the same and no ones motor will hold the same power for the same amount of time.

If i was aiming for 600 on a stock bottom end again, i would be using a s472 with billet wheel, 45% over injectors on a stock pump. this way i have a limiter on where i can be in power and still be able to tow decently heavy loads. this would keep egts low, timing low, drive pressure in a decent range, turbo on its map and so on. Im my case, creating a limiter for me keeps me from killing the truck. Unfortunatly that wasnt the case with my twin setup and knowing about de-torquing the tune. 37s dont help

Ben, i dont know how you think bigger injectors to create the same hp as stock injectors will reduce cylinder pressure significanly enough to keep things alive long. The point of injectors is to drop timing and help keep heat down. im no expert on cylinder pressure but taking it away will decrease power thats for sure. there is a point in a stock motor where its too much and things break/bend. your riding that line to keep max power. this is why people suggest moving your RPM up and detorque. you have momentume on your side in high RPMs as compared to lower.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Lbz's rule! And who cares if SOME crack a piston. It either does or doesn't, tha easy brah! Shit lb7 crack them too! There is no such thing as reliable when you mod these motors.... Although mine has been pretty reliable:D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Cylinder pressures blow shit up imo. Anything to keep them low is a smart move. Holding an injector open for not as long will help. By opening up the nozzle holes you no longer need to run as much timing to get the full shot in, aswell as you can close your injector sooner. That will lower pressures, and heat. Running high rpms also lower the pressures and are actually safer on the bottom end. The only things that really limit that is the valvetrain and the injectors... Much easier to achieve high rpm on an inline six before getting into injection overlay. Big turbos won't want to light early and that "detorques" the tune in itself, I agree a 70+ turbo is the much easier and has more room to grow down the road with fueling mods. So for safeness thats what I would say go with also... S472-S475. I am very confused by how a s366 will be out of its map at low 600 also. With the twins Mark has I am sure that you have a gated s366, so its sounding more like you may some trouble in the tuning if its feeling like its running out of its map and high egts.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Ben it may have been the tuning but i was told that a 66mm running 50psi of boost is out of its map IDK! I was just a little confused by your statement because you have no clue how hard i push my truck etc... It will not be run at the power levels we are talking about rarely ever. You are right about the injectors and what not but a stock bottom end is a stock bottom end i don't care what mods you have. My single was running more boost than my twins are right know but im only running a towtune

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The only reason I made that statement was because of your lbz bottom end, verus the lly/lb7 bottom end. If I was to buy a junk truck right now to turn the power way the hell up running stock longblock, I'd get an lly. Because I don't think a bottom end is a bottom end.. that's it nothing more, nothing else

Fwiw i didn't mean for it to sound like I was calling you out, just your statement actually. It was nothing personal!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Just seem like they have the strongest bottom end, minus the junky injectors. 2 or 3 years ago people laughed at llys, but now I'm starting to think there the key truck. Atleast not dumping an assload of cash in them.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Just seem like they have the strongest bottom end, minus the junky injectors. 2 or 3 years ago people laughed at llys, but now I'm starting to think there the key truck. Atleast not dumping an assload of cash in them.

Ok makes sense did the LLY use the same pistons as the lb7 but different rods i can't remember?

duramaxbbd03

Jun 3, 2009
North Jackson, Oh
i made 600hp with an s472, 60% injectors and a 85%cp3
way over kill for what it does? yes but down the road its less stuff I'm gonna have to buy... my truck only has a 2900 plus with
and currently is over 200k miles :thumb:
but she isn't my dd anymore :(

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I plan on being well in excess of 600hp on my stock turbo after my build is done. granted the big tunes wont be used much of any on the street but my little LLY turbo WILL be hating life. :D:thumb:

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Im shooting for a little over 600hp daily driver out of my LLY. 625 was my goal from the start. I'm going with a raptor 150, .45 injectors, and an lbz reg on my cp3. I'm not of much use to you though because I still can't figure out what turbo to do it with either. Gonna hope my bottom end holds together for a while!!

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I plan on being well in excess of 600hp on my stock turbo after my build is done. granted the big tunes wont be used much of any on the street but my little LLY turbo WILL be hating life. :D:thumb:

Me too, just a stock turbo when she blows huh, hoping the intercooler will be enough of a shrapnel sheild. I'll get diesel horny though and end up running the big tune daily like I have before lol.