Your input on a 600hp DD

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Who makes your turbo and what do 60% nozzles run? When I do it I'm going to get intercooler pipes, egr delete, up pipes, and drivers side manifold. I'd also stud it.

That turbo and the injectors come from Fleece I had a egr delete kit from tony b and trent made me a 3 inch pipe that went from the turbo to the intercooler it was a nice a dd setup, I got 19mpg around here and I hauled anything I wanted with good egt's robs tow tune with that setup was 525 to the rear wheels on dunbars dyno.

My truck is under the knife now with a built engine and a bigger single turbo

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Back about 6? years ago, we were running in the low 600's (640'ish) on an LLY for a lot of 1/4 passes, parts delivery, and towing the Corvette to the track. The rods didn't bend, and the pistons didn't crack or erode. When we stepped up to 750rwhp, the rods shortened themselves.

600rwhp is a gamble, about like LBZ pistons cracking, blown headgaskets, or crankshafts breaking. It certainly has killed many engines. But I believe far more engines survived than died.

For routine towing, a 66mm inducer charger is about as far as you want to go on turbo size. Keep in mind, you CANNOT sustain 600rwhp for a long uphill grade with a heavy trailer. You'll kill the turbo or the pistons.

So the 600 ponies are pretty much used only for short bursts of speed unladen. You might even consider a 100rwhp shot of nitrous added to a 500rwhp tune.

PS - you will hurt a stock trans at 500rwhp in short order.

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks everyone. What should I look in upgrading my cp3 to support 60 overs? Also I would drive on a 400-450 tune daily. Then for fun switch got the big one.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Thanks everyone. What should I look in upgrading my cp3 to support 60 overs? Also I would drive on a 400-450 tune daily. Then for fun switch got the big one.

Lift pump, race valve and another cp3. You could do a modded cp3 but if your like the majority of us your just gonna want more later on. So might as well do it right the first time an be done with it.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I'd do an LBZ pump, 45% nozzles and one of DTS new chargers. loose the egr crap too. It's gonna be easier to maintain rail with the LBZ pump, stock nozzles have gotten people into 600 territory but to keep some pw down the 45s would be nice and 60 overs are a bit overkill, and finally DTS always puts out good stuff and from what Dave has told me about their new VVT,, i'm sure it's gonna be badass and easily capable of 600+.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Not necessarily. Your sig says your 600+ hp is your motor built? There are quite a few guys on here that race, dd, and pull with 400 frame turbos and stock motors. IMO have fun with it, buy whatever you want, and go as fast as you can until it blows. Then build it and go faster:thumb:

Yes but that was on one or two occasions he said he is looking to drag race and sled pull alot i thought? Mine wouldnt hold upto any of that i wouldnt even try it. Mine sees a race tune about 2-3 times a year. I just think if he wants 600hp having him buy injectors, dual cp3s or modded, race valves etc.... is unnecasary to accomplish his goal. He needs a lift pump, s366, built trans. and tuning and he can make 600hp all day everyday if he wants. He doesnt need to spend money on the rest of it but if that what he wants then go for it by all means!

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
I'm all about saving money I just thought that by adding bigger nozzles would help tune/ make safer tuning with a aftermarket turbo vs stock sticks.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
2005lly is your goal to make over 600hp??? Because my truck and alot of others have made 600+ with stock injectors and cp3. So between the 2 thats like 3,000 your spending that is un needed that you could use in other areas like building the trans etc...
Just asking because if 600 is all your after IMO you don't need that stuff but who am i?:thumb:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I'm all about saving money I just thought that by adding bigger nozzles would help tune/ make safer tuning with a aftermarket turbo vs stock sticks.

Bigger sticks will make it a little safer on the tuning because you can lower the pulsewidth and still get the same amount of fuel in a shorter time. Tuning stock sticks is actually easier than tuning bigger ones from what ive read. It is all what your goal is

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
I already have the trans an lift pump, so by simply adding a 366 I can run 600ish hp stock sticks? Would I notice any differences in spooling or drive ability with stock tips vs bigger ones? If anything I could put the turbo on then add fuel later if I didn't like the outcome.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I already have the trans an lift pump, so by simply adding a 366 I can run 600ish hp stock sticks? Would I notice any differences in spooling or drive ability with stock tips vs bigger ones? If anything I could put the turbo on then add fuel later if I didn't like the outcome.

Yes thats what i would do is get you a turbo then if you feel you want more do the sticks because you may be happy with just the turbo. Im all about saving money where you can and from what i have gathered from your posts you really dont need sticks. Yes they would help but they are also expensive so if you can be happy without them then why spend the money. When i had my single htt s366 it spooled almost instantly with stock sticks and cp3. It dynoed 623 on one dyno and 585 on another. That was with 3,150 pulsewidth on stock injectors. It is pushing it a little, if you want to run 600+ all the time then do the turbo and 40% sticks. If you just want the power every once in awhile i would just run the stockers IMO.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
My plan for 600hp DD...mild build with LBZ rods, LBZ cp3, 30 over injectors, and the S366 Ive been running the last year. Thats it.

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
well the real question is this..... your wanting 600 hp right..... what are the rules, for where your looking to sled pull at?... sled pulling is classed by its turbo inducer size and not horse power.. alot of places have a stock class..... some call it stock with a pure stock turbo... and some call it workstock where it only has too look stock... as for injectors id talk to the person that is tuning my truck and see what he says.... the stock bottom end will hold for a wile but i would not push my luck to much.. but you wanna know the rules to where you wanna play and use those to get you started..