Your input on a 600hp DD

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Me too, just a stock turbo when she blows huh, hoping the intercooler will be enough of a shrapnel sheild. I'll get diesel horny though and end up running the big tune daily like I have before lol.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Lol yep there's a reason I've got a pile of spare turbos. Plan on exploding a few and yes the charge air cooler is a great debris filter when the blow :thumb:

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
I've got a gt4088r (64mm bb charger), 45% injectors from Exergy Engineering and stage III cp3 from Floor It. Every bit of 600 hp. I run my biggest tune all day. I don't beat on it too often. It's holding together. Had over 500 hp for 91,000 miles. Keeping fingers crossed.

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Old thread.. But I ended going with this set up-

Head studs
Wcfab 3" Y bridge and intercooler pipe
Bd manifold, lb7 up pipe, 3" downpipe
68mm cheetah
100% exergy injectors, and twin cp3

Truck dyno'd 643 hp and 12xx ft lbs of torque, duramax tuner tuned it.

Haven't had any issues yet, love how the truck runs.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Nice man! I love how the Cheetahs sound too, plus the VVT turbos are a great technology, so I personally would not want to get rid of one on a LLY/LBZ/LMM etc.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Is that on a stock bottom end?

What is every ones opinion on this setup for 600-650 NON DD

Fully balanced not skimping on any machine work. Truck will see no towing, will not be daily driven, will be used for a drag racing truck/pulling truck.

LB7 block
LBZ rods
LB7 pistons
Built Trans
Fass 150
Industrial injection gated 66
LBZ Cp3
ARP studs
Grade C gaskets
injector nozzles 40-60% Exergy doing the work

I have a couple questions on this. Are the following list of parts needed or just icing on the cake if you can afford it. Hamilton springs, ARP main studs, injector nozzles, what about using a bottle?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy

Fully balanced not skimping on any machine work. Truck will see no towing, will not be daily driven, will be used for a drag racing truck/pulling truck.

LB7 block
LBZ rods
LB7 pistons
Built Trans
Fass 150
LBZ Cp3
ARP studs
Grade C gaskets

I have a couple questions on this. Are the following list of parts needed or just icing on the cake if you can afford it. Hamilton springs, ARP main studs, injector nozzles, what about using a bottle?

Search for dieselmafiaper.lb7 get in touch with Jake from Idaho. I believe he is running something similiar to this with dual c's. His runs strong and has been for quite awhile I think?:thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Search for dieselmafiaper.lb7 get in touch with Jake from Idaho. I believe he is running something similiar to this with dual c's. His runs strong and has been for quite awhile I think?:thumb:

no, he bent his a couple months back (atleast that is what is being assumed), he just keep racing on it :roflmao:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States

Truck will stay single lbz cp3. I want to use that as my limiter. I appreciate any and all feedback. So thank you for your input man!!

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Just dynoed mine last weekend with stock bottom end, no studs, stock injectors and cp3 97K on it. and made 3 runs 625-627, the tuning makes the difference on how long the bottom end will live,

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Just dynoed mine last weekend with stock bottom end, no studs, stock injectors and cp3 97K on it. and made 3 runs 625-627, the tuning makes the difference on how long the bottom end will live,

Awesome man! I've looked at a lot of threads and this one seems to be full of more recent good solid info and facts!!

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States

WILL STAY SINGLE CP3 AS THE LIMITER

LB7 block
LBZ rods
LB7 pistons
Built Trans
Fass 150
LBZ Cp3
ARP studs
Grade C gaskets

Anyone commenting in this thread have any feedback on this?

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Looks like a good setup for 650+ but I'd steer clear of anything from Industrial. other then that looks good.

In the portion of my comment where I am asking about the icing on cake the what is your opinion? I see you guys are doing this on stock injectors to. As far as nozzles and being able to dial back pw is the almost 2grand for nozzles cost effective in keeping the motor happy?