Your input on a 600hp DD

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Your wrong sorry. No way in hell could he have got a single to do what his twins did. Ever! Period. Thats why he went the route he went. You can not get a single to have same street manners and twins or triples. U would have one smoky sob of a turd kn the street as a single to get the amount of hp he is at.

Pretty sure mark knows what hes doin, prolly the reason he went twins and now triples.

I was saying he could have made that amount of power with a different charger. Would it be streetable? No way. I was referring to strictly dyno numbers. Marks truck was a bad example. Better example would be an s475 over a stock turbo might flow a lot of air, but an s475 alone will flow just as much if not more air.

This weekend will be the teller of who is right. A buddies truck with my same setup, but has an s475 over stock. We will see who makes more power, same tuner, same pulse and timing, different charger setups.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
A S475 or S480 in a twin setup will spool and drive and tow better. But a S475 or S480 as a single will out flow them. They do not have to feed into the stock Vvt and be chocked down.

And never think that a big single will not daily drive. There very fun on the street with the right exhaust housing. My GT4202R with a 1.01 housing I loved it.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
A S475 or S480 in a twin setup will spool and drive and tow better. But a S475 or S480 as a single will out flow them. They do not have to feed into the stock Vvt and be chocked down.

And never think that a big single will not daily drive. There very fun on the street with the right exhaust housing. My GT4202R with a 1.01 housing I loved it.

That's my dream setup right there. I love singles!

And yes we will be dynoing within each other. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a tad bit more because it seems like twins work better for trucks in this altitude because it multiplies the atmospheric pressure basically. Or maybe I'm thinking wrong :eek:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Wow guys!!! You need a time out, lol!!! There is so much more to that just the total hp being produced. How and when you make your power and driveability to me are more important than peak power. The amount of Hp you make "under the curve" is what you are honestly after because that is what gets the job done. Now as far as my truck and the route I went was more because of personal goals than anything. When it was stock motor I ran the Billet68mm stg2 with a BatmoS483 twins at 765hp for a summer of mid 11's at the track and street abuse. I developed the Billet 72mm vgt and we ran the first one on Matt Misner's stock LLy with great results so when I decided to use my truck to break in a 3.0 motor for a customer I used the 72mm vgt to get the job done. I put some miles on it and fell in love with it so when we yanked the 3.0 motor out and put my stock motor back in I left the twins on the floor and put the 72mm on my stock motor and jumped up to 820hp. It was a blast to drive like that and stayed like that all last year until Schied's when the convertor blew in the burnout box and took the motor with it(beat the mains out of it). When I built the motor my goals were simple, try some new ideas and break my previous records with the vgt and single pump. Got it up to 894hp on the 72mm vgt and the 12mm Exergy cp3 and ran 10.96@12xmph at TS on the third try. Got the new record for fastest and most powerful single vgt truck and single cp3 also I think. Next goal was to see how far I could get the 12mm CP3 to go so I slapped on a twin kit with the new TCT483 and it picked up 191hp putting me at 1085hp without changing any fueling. At this point I still had pump left but ran out of injector and useable air for easy hp gains so I decided to go to 200%inj an triples. Took the TCT483 off in trade for a pair of TCT366-74 T3 .70ar open turbos and that got me to 1151hp and found a new issue, TRACTION!!! Now I can't keep from boiling the tireson the dyno so I don't know what it is actually making for peak hp but my torque jumped a ton since I am now over 2000ftlbs and the truck is the most fun and driveable that it has ever been. The triples have gotten me my best 60ft times and fastest 1/8th mile times as well. I really want to go somewhere and try a 1/4 blast to get a new best but haven't found the time and I figure my trany will probably laugh at me, lol! I still have not ran out of fuel with this pump but need to figure out how to get it to hold traction on the dyno to get an accurate reading and it is frustrating to say the least! I really haven't said much since I got the triples on because I have been stupid busy in the shop, so my apologies for that as I try not to hold back to much info on it. Not really sure what my next step with it is but I love driving it everyday! Hope this answers some questions for you guys!:hug:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Wow guys!!! You need a time out, lol!!! There is so much more to that just the total hp being produced. How and when you make your power and driveability to me are more important than peak power. The amount of Hp you make "under the curve" is what you are honestly after because that is what gets the job done. Now as far as my truck and the route I went was more because of personal goals than anything. When it was stock motor I ran the Billet68mm stg2 with a BatmoS483 twins at 765hp for a summer of mid 11's at the track and street abuse. I developed the Billet 72mm vgt and we ran the first one on Matt Misner's stock LLy with great results so when I decided to use my truck to break in a 3.0 motor for a customer I used the 72mm vgt to get the job done. I put some miles on it and fell in love with it so when we yanked the 3.0 motor out and put my stock motor back in I left the twins on the floor and put the 72mm on my stock motor and jumped up to 820hp. It was a blast to drive like that and stayed like that all last year until Schied's when the convertor blew in the burnout box and took the motor with it(beat the mains out of it). When I built the motor my goals were simple, try some new ideas and break my previous records with the vgt and single pump. Got it up to 894hp on the 72mm vgt and the 12mm Exergy cp3 and ran 10.96@12xmph at TS on the third try. Got the new record for fastest and most powerful single vgt truck and single cp3 also I think. Next goal was to see how far I could get the 12mm CP3 to go so I slapped on a twin kit with the new TCT483 and it picked up 191hp putting me at 1085hp without changing any fueling. At this point I still had pump left but ran out of injector and useable air for easy hp gains so I decided to go to 200%inj an triples. Took the TCT483 off in trade for a pair of TCT366-74 T3 .70ar open turbos and that got me to 1151hp and found a new issue, TRACTION!!! Now I can't keep from boiling the tireson the dyno so I don't know what it is actually making for peak hp but my torque jumped a ton since I am now over 2000ftlbs and the truck is the most fun and driveable that it has ever been. The triples have gotten me my best 60ft times and fastest 1/8th mile times as well. I really want to go somewhere and try a 1/4 blast to get a new best but haven't found the time and I figure my trany will probably laugh at me, lol! I still have not ran out of fuel with this pump but need to figure out how to get it to hold traction on the dyno to get an accurate reading and it is frustrating to say the least! I really haven't said much since I got the triples on because I have been stupid busy in the shop, so my apologies for that as I try not to hold back to much info on it. Not really sure what my next step with it is but I love driving it everyday! Hope this answers some questions for you guys!:hug:

Hey Mark
If you were not running the Bromax heads when you ran 10.96 on the single 72. What do you think the truck would of ran with heads any normal joe could get?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I'm guessing it would be a .5 second slower at least with a stock head. They help a bunch in my eyes. Just watching turbo shaft speed alone they helped a ton, everyone blames the vgt's for being restrictive and don't make power when in fact the cylinder is the real reason. Swapping from my stock head to the Brodix dropped my shaft speed on the turbo about 30,000rpms and brought hp up and boost up and dropped egt's. The heads in my eyes are worth a minimum of 75hp seeing I made 894hp with them and Tony B. just made 812hp with SoCal's on the dyno with almost same combo of parts. Definitely food for thought guys...:thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
But is 75 hp worth the 6,xxx they cost?

That's a loaded question with no straight answer. It all depends on your goals and how you want to get there. I think they are worth it and I have a lot of customers that agree. My 75hp increase is just a reference on a street truck single vgt, as you increase air and fuel the they make more of a difference. Charger speed to me makes a better reference to them doing their job more effectively.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
But is 75 hp worth the 6,xxx they cost?

What I got from marks post right before yours is not only did they increase hp as well as many other things but they opened up the door for way more power down the road if he keeps making additions/changes.

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Makes sense! I'm looking at probably doing twins or runnin your 72 as a single mark and my goal is 800ish.. Don't need anything fact just want a good running reliable truck.. Got the fuel and the driveline taken care of just need the motor work lol