Your input on a 600hp DD

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
tried to figure that out myself and didn't get very far, all they told me was they would add 75 to whatever my setup was. which i don't really buy.

Are you serious lol? Hopefully some body has discovered what they flow. And if I went another route with the turbo do you think the Dts 64mm would be enough? I like te industrial injection setup because I can get an install kit and not have to piece together parts. I really do appreciate all your feedback man.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
S366 all the way for you. I have seen one make 680 RWHP with 20% injectors on an 02 LB7 with a BAG OF PARTS modded CP3. call lenny at dynomite and ask him. I didn't really pursue it too much. I believe they will tell you the flow in LPM. and you can find out what the stock ones are and do the math and know the percentage is over stock.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
And if I went another route with the turbo do you think the Dts 64mm would be enough?

I loved my 64mm IHI, enough im going to be putting it back on. Made 540 with all stock fuel and very conservative tuning. With a 30% or 40% injector, 600hp shouldnt be an issue. Quite a few guys out there doing it already.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
600 horsepower on an unbuilt motor, please let us know how long it lasts. I would almost bet that one hard, boosted launch and some thing will break... if it even makes it long enough to make it there

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
600 horsepower on an unbuilt motor, please let us know how long it lasts. I would almost bet that one hard, boosted launch and some thing will break... if it even makes it long enough to make it there

Thats luxury of not having a lb7. Llys, lbz, lmm tend to last longer at higher hp levels. My lbz has been in the 6-650 for 2.5yrs. Not raced or pulled either tho. No one knows how long they will last, never know what may happen. But i know many lbz/lmm in the 6-650 range. Paints lly has been 700ish for long time.

Harbins lmm was mid 700s to upper 700s for very long time and raced often. Eventually the inevitable happened and it finally popped. Took it well tho for very long time.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Made over 60 passes with mine and put a lot of street miles. Running Slicks. Not to mention 325000 miles on the longblock.

A Reman LB7 pump got me to almost 600 before I lost rail pressure. Got a new LMM cp3 to try out.

Reliable and performance mods don't mix

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
It seems a lot of people run the 600-650 hp level and are okay. The way you get there and the tuning I think plays the biggest rule correct? Not hot rodded on the streets and on the big tune at the track seems the best way to go about it, if this was chosen right? :confused:

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Made over 60 passes with mine and put a lot of street miles. Running Slicks. Not to mention 325000 miles on the longblock.

A Reman LB7 pump got me to almost 600 before I lost rail pressure. Got a new LMM cp3 to try out.

Reliable and performance mods don't mix

So your saying you had 60 passes on a stock motor with 600 hp on not once did something break.

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
:roflmao: yeah its not like you know what you are talking about. Man i love this site sometimes. Lol

I'm not saying anyone doesn't know what they are talking about if that we're my opinion I wouldn't have joined this site. I guess I misunderstood what he meant I thought he was saying that at 600 hp you have nothing to worry about I was confused by his wording that's all. I never once said anyone didn't know what they were talking about :hug: