Your input on a 600hp DD

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
That's what I like to see. Care to share how you went about getting to that power level ? And maybe how you think you've made it survive at that level?

It's been all over the net before, but here it is
*Built the trans & installed 1054 converter
*30% tips (that was big for the street then :roflmao:)
*Bolted on an MPI standard twin kit
*ATP tuned
*Changed the oil 4 times in 94k mi.. (No lie)
*Luck

Same tune for four years, iirc Rob and I were the first two stock LBZ's in the 11's. To this date my truck does not have a DSP switch. Wanted to push it harder in 2012 so I threw on an MPI dual fueler kit. Still couldn't pop it with the same tuning, so at the Redding NHRDA event I had Rob install one of the ATP guys built motor race tunes.. She cracked a piston 1/2 track and still went 12.1. I beat the snot out of her for years, but was always prepared for the worse in the back of my head. Now she's retired/tow vehicle with a nice tow tune. We beat up the other trucks, and car, and aren't worried about hurting them and not having a ride home..

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
*ATP tuned
*Luck

Same tune for four years, iirc Rob and I were the first two stock LBZ's in the 11's. To this date my truck does not have a DSP switch. Wanted to push it harder in 2012 so I threw on an MPI dual fueler kit. Still couldn't pop it with the same tuning, so at the Redding NHRDA event I had Rob install one of the ATP guys built motor race tunes.. She cracked a piston 1/2 track and still went 12.1,

I find what you've done with your rig is highly respectable, and something I would love to try an replicate but on a single charger billet s366. I am very stuck on which nozzles to go with at this point. I have all the cash saved up finally and have gotten the ball rolling on this. I plan on a race weight of 6,000lbs only because I feel can get it there no problem. The truck will most likely be lighter after its all said and done. Before a cage is needed I see the cut off is 11.5. I would like to try and get 1 pass there just for the slip. I would like to be running this truck in the 12.00 class as well as ST (Dial your own ET)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Lol. You forget ive been doin this way longer then you my friend? Lol My truck has been with twins for 2.5yrs. Well over the 600hp stock lbz pump so called tap out. Must be a fluke. Lmao. you come up with some of the most retarded comments ive ever heard. All im sayin is you can make more then 600hp. Mine is one, and i know lots of others on here also. Is it good for pump or motor? No, nothing is over 475hp. Everything fails eventually.

Modded pumps dont last very long either. Dual stockers are way more reliable. Ask a few members on here. But everyone has there own opinion on pumps.

I haven't forgot "seniority" here, geeze, give me a break for once, it's humorous to me that you (and a few others) are so quick to say I come up with "retarded" statements, when, in this instance, what I am saying is nothing short of accurate....

I was referring to power that can be achieved through a single charger/cp3 and I think you knew that....yes, with twin turbo's, a single stock cp3 can produce enough fuel for/to accommodate 700whp, rarely with a single charger will a "stock" cp3 do that.

Is it just easier for you to be combative with me, or do you find it entertaining? :joker:
i think the point of the site is to be constructive? I dont believe what i posted falls into the "RETARDED" catagory. Do you even take adequate time to process what I am posting, or do you just look for a flaw in my thoughts to try and exploit my lack of experience/knowledge? It is allot more productive to try and help people to get what they are trying to say out, rather than to try and rip them down for any effort given.

Dual fueler systems have their drawbacks too. No one ever claimed modded pumps were reliable, however, the exergy 10 and 12mm pumps seem to be holding up to the test of time and horsepower pretty well.

again, it's hilarious to me that a month ago I got totally different feedback from this forum about the power potential for a stock LBZ cp3, I came on the boards saying I wanted 650whp out of a stock pump, I got a wall of negativity for that post, getting called stupid, ignorant and inexperienced...some people claimed it was possible, and it is, it's just not the norm....now I am hearing just the opposite, now it seems 600+ is the standard, the norm known potential for a stock LBZ pump, the devils in the details though, and details like having twin or single turbocharged applications make a big difference to the results of the pump potential situation.

For the record arneson, in the other thread you did say that you have seen many trucks run in the 600-650 range on a stock pump, so I don't believe that you are just saying shit to spite me, you are just a naturally combative little bugger huh :hug:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I haven't forgot "seniority" here, geeze, give me a break for once, it's humorous to me that you (and a few others) are so quick to say I come up with "retarded" statements, when, in this instance, what I am saying is nothing short of accurate....

I was referring to power that can be achieved through a single charger/cp3 and I think you knew that....yes, with twin turbo's, a single stock cp3 can produce enough fuel for/to accommodate 700whp, rarely with a single charger will a "stock" cp3 do that.

Is it just easier for you to be combative with me, or do you find it entertaining? :joker:
i think the point of the site is to be constructive? I dont believe what i posted falls into the "RETARDED" catagory. Do you even take adequate time to process what I am posting, or do you just look for a flaw in my thoughts to try and exploit my lack of experience/knowledge? It is allot more productive to try and help people to get what they are trying to say out, rather than to try and rip them down for any effort given.

Dual fueler systems have their drawbacks too. No one ever claimed modded pumps were reliable, however, the exergy 10 and 12mm pumps seem to be holding up to the test of time and horsepower pretty well.

again, it's hilarious to me that a month ago I got totally different feedback from this forum about the power potential for a stock LBZ cp3, I came on the boards saying I wanted 650whp out of a stock pump, I got a wall of negativity for that post, getting called stupid, ignorant and inexperienced...some people claimed it was possible, and it is, it's just not the norm....now I am hearing just the opposite, now it seems 600+ is the standard, the norm known potential for a stock LBZ pump, the devils in the details though, and details like having twin or single turbocharged applications make a big difference to the results of the pump potential situation.

For the record arneson, in the other thread you did say that you have seen many trucks run in the 600-650 range on a stock pump, so I don't believe that you are just saying shit to spite me, you are just a naturally combative little bugger huh :hug:

How can twins make 700 but a single can't?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have an Lbz. Run the 550 hp tune down the strip and daily drive. 40+ passes, nothing has broken, and I mean absolutely trouble free. Stock fueling. Will be stepping up to 600 hp this weekend and later in the month to push it in the 12's

Mike diesel has an Lly, 600 hp drives it on that tune most of the time. Races it on that tune, not sure on how many passes but I would guess 20+ passes. 30% overs.

IMO twins help more than singles for keeping the motor to live. It's just my opinion though, It seems like more trucks live with twins than a large single.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
*ATP tuned
*Luck

Same tune for four years, iirc Rob and I were the first two stock LBZ's in the 11's. To this date my truck does not have a DSP switch. Wanted to push it harder in 2012 so I threw on an MPI dual fueler kit. Still couldn't pop it with the same tuning, so at the Redding NHRDA event I had Rob install one of the ATP guys built motor race tunes.. She cracked a piston 1/2 track and still went 12.1. I beat the snot out of her for years, but was always prepared for the worse in the back of my head. Now she's retired/tow vehicle with a nice tow tune. We beat up the other trucks, and car, and aren't worried about hurting them and not having a ride home..

Only thing Robs truck had was the 30% nozzles from George. Think his set and mine were the first 2 of those sets he had done back then.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
I have an Lbz. Run the 550 hp tune down the strip and daily drive. 40+ passes, nothing has broken, and I mean absolutely trouble free. Stock fueling. Will be stepping up to 600 hp this weekend and later in the month to push it in the 12's

Mike diesel has an Lly, 600 hp drives it on that tune most of the time. Races it on that tune, not sure on how many passes but I would guess 20+ passes. 30% overs.

IMO twins help more than singles for keeping the motor to live. It's just my opinion though, It seems like more trucks live with twins than a large single.

What is your goal time wise in the 1/4? Also what's the planned race weight? I'd like to hear some feedback on what it takes to push 5800lbs-6000lbs to a 12.00.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
What is your goal time wise in the 1/4? Also what's the planned race weight? I'd like to hear some feedback on what it takes to push 5800lbs-6000lbs to a 12.00.

That light of a truck is easy to get into the 12's. My goal is a 12.99 or faster, race weight so far is around 7500 (full weight). When I race again I'm hoping to get into the 7200 range, no sub, spare, tailgate, rear seat, maybe passenger seat, battery... And my wheels and tires are heavy. I'm also at a high elevation which is hard to do anything with a single turbo. It may be 600 hp at sealevel but up here the truck is probably around 500, but I don't want to push the truck anymore than 600 at sealevel.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX

We've seen your time slips, you are putting down less than some stock turbo/fuel trucks. I'm sure it will hold up just fine :rofl:

And from what I've seen/read from you, you shouldn't be giving advise to anyone on here. Might just need to read more than type. :thumb:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm sure it will hold up just fine :rofl:

Want to pay for my motor when it blows? Be my guest.

Yes I'm putting down less than some stock turbo/fuel trucks but those trucks are being pushed hard. I'm on stock fuel too so that shouldn't have anything to do with that? The turbo is only as efficient as the fuel thrown at it.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Why did you go with a 72mm Danville and get upset about track times if you never intended on pushing it past the stock turbo limits? You confuse me :confused:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Why did you go with a 72mm Danville and get upset about track times if you never intended on pushing it past the stock turbo limits? You confuse me :confused:

I see you have a really nice setup to man. Is it still stock motor? how much did the truck weigh when you went 12.3 and also how many horse?

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I see you have a really nice setup to man. Is it still stock motor? how much did the truck weigh when you went 12.3 and also how many horse?

7100-7200lbs, stock motor, and a weak cp3 that killed the big end. The 12.3 was run on the daily driver/tow tune that held rail and the math puts it close to 600hp at that point.

It gets driven hard every day, I'm in sales and travel around Houston driving this truck. WOT is frequent, usually from a roll in 2nd or laying it out down the freeways to keep the blood flowing.

It owes me nothing, I am very pleased with the abuse it has taken and I am 100% prepared to fund a build if/when it lets go. It's in JoshH's hands now! lol

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
7100-7200lbs, stock motor, and a weak cp3 that killed the big end. The 12.3 was run on the daily driver/tow tune that held rail and the math puts it close to 600hp at that point.

It gets driven hard every day, I'm in sales and travel around Houston driving this truck. WOT is frequent, usually from a roll in 2nd or laying it out down the freeways to keep the blood flowing.

It owes me nothing, I am very pleased with the abuse it has taken and I am 100% prepared to fund a build if/when it lets go. It's in JoshH's hands now! lol

Very impressive man its people like you that are helping this thread grow with the real world information your able to bring to the table.