Your input on a 600hp DD

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
:roflmao: yeah its not like you know what you are talking about. Man i love this site sometimes. Lol

No sense in arguing with Internet experts. I knew we shouldn't of been running 12.0's at 111+ on a stock motor and beating on the truck everyday on the same tune. Thank god when I pulled the motor apart it was perfect.

Last edited:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
So your saying you had 60 passes on a stock motor with 600 hp on not once did something break.

I broke traction a couple times. Does that count? But yes. Over 60 passes on here. I would not do it with a daily driver though. Eventually something will give. I am playing the lottery.

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Look I'm sorry my goal was certainly not to piss you off. I'm certainly no expert either on this site or in the real world hence why I'm going to school for diesel. My interpretation of what was being said was that you could be the hell out of a stock motor with that power and not have to worry about anything. I also realize that with proper tuning it will last longer. Sorry for the confusion

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Look I'm sorry my goal was certainly not to piss you off. I'm certainly no expert either on this site or in the real world hence why I'm going to school for diesel. My interpretation of what was being said was that you could be the hell out of a stock motor with that power and not have to worry about anything. I also realize that with proper tuning it will last longer. Sorry for the confusion

Nothing is reliable on these trucks once you start to build them. To many guys tell you there good about a 600hp truck but they don't tell you what it cost when it does fail. The way I see it is if its a daily driver then throw a 80hp tune and call it good.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

No problem :hug: there is endless great info on this site if your looking to learn you came to the right place.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Oh cmon man, looking for more input that that. Lol

600hp + LB7/LLY rods + anybody's big tune + drag racing = rebuilding engine sooner than later

650hp + LBZ/LMM rods + oh....you get the picture.....

Does that help? :rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
:hug: why yes, yes it does tom. Always get a kick out of your honest straight answer posts.

I just figure, why bullshit people? Leading people the wrong way can cost a boatload of money, which most people dont have.
Sure, some guys get lucky for a while (I was one), but their trucks are NOT the norm.

I remember Nick (Dmaxtuner) telling me that people were calling him complaining that their LB7s didnt run as well as I did on the 12.40 tune..... Well, no kidding. Every truck is different.

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
I beat the piss out my truck, I sled pulled all summer long, even ran a .88 jet on it a couple times.. It's a crap shoot at how long it will last. Tuning and how you drive will play the biggest role. When I talked to my tuner (duramaxtuner) told him my power goal he was fairly confident in it holding the power.. Not with the nitrous lol but the fuel only power. I've made probably 20 1/8 mile passes, 10 sled pulls, 10,000 miles street driving and it's good so far.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I beat the piss out my truck, I sled pulled all summer long, even ran a .88 jet on it a couple times.. It's a crap shoot at how long it will last. Tuning and how you drive will play the biggest role. When I talked to my tuner (duramaxtuner) told him my power goal he was fairly confident in it holding the power.. Not with the nitrous lol but the fuel only power. I've made probably 20 1/8 mile passes, 10 sled pulls, 10,000 miles street driving and it's good so far.

My Lb7 is holding strong @ 550 hp. That is the race tune. I normally run it in tune 2 which dynod 542. I am losing rail on tunes 3, 4 & 5 so not much gain from increased usec but truck runs solid.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I would skip the injectors for now and put that money towards a good set of rods. Its cheaper and simpler to put bigger injectors in later down the road than it is to put rods in after they bend. Plus ive been very suprised how well my stock injectors and cp3 have performed and held up.:2cents:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
pretty sure Mark at Danville proved that wrong over and over again :roflmao: :hug:
Yeah, with his mods done to the pump too:)

X2. Seen that many times personally. Not just reading it somewhere.
:rofl:
I've seen "stock" pumps push upper 6's on the dyno.

The funny thing to me is, it was only a month ago I was looking for input about pushing an LBZ cp3 to make 650whp and the majority view was its been done but not repeated often and not for very long, and if i really was gonna go for big power i needed big fuel to achieve it, so buck up. I called two tuners that I respect, trust and value their knowledge, and they both said pretty much the same thing, but the general rule of thumb was that a stock pump will tap out between 610-630 on the dyno.

Now that I'm sayin, hey, a stock cp3 is good for 610whp, tryin to be real, and not b.s anyone, all the devils advocates chime in and say, oh yeah, well I've seen so and so's truck and that guys truck and they know this guy, and they all make way more than 650whp on stock LBZ pumps, so.....

WHATEVER Hey, it's the Internet, anything is possible:D

Are you serious lol? Hopefully some body has discovered what they flow. And if I went another route with the turbo do you think the Dts 64mm would be enough? I like te industrial injection setup because I can get an install kit and not have to piece together parts. I really do appreciate all your feedback man.
the flow will vary from injector to injector based on year/model, 75hp value of more fuel on an lb7 is not the same as 75hp value of more fuel on an LBZ. For an LBZ, iirc, DDP 75hp nozzle flows something like 22lpm...

600 horsepower on an unbuilt motor, please let us know how long it lasts. I would almost bet that one hard, boosted launch and some thing will break... if it even makes it long enough to make it there
I've been running 575+ for 12,000mi, no issues, well engine related issues anyways. I am waiting to afford a bigger turbo, but soon, my stock long block will receive +60% injectors a 12mm cp3 and the vgt72, I hope to sit somewhere around 650-680 and stay together while I get the rest of the parts to finish this bitch

Nothing is reliable on these trucks once you start to build them. To many guys tell you there good about a 600hp truck but they don't tell you what it cost when it does fail. The way I see it is if its a daily driver then throw a 80hp tune and call it good.
:Dsooooo true:D

But I can't daily drive with less than +250 tune:( :eek:

:joker:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
600 horsepower on an unbuilt motor, please let us know how long it lasts. I would almost bet that one hard, boosted launch and some thing will break... if it even makes it long enough to make it there

668/1228 30psi launches, and can send you a shoe box (500+ slips) from 08-12 in the 11's.. She only saw one tune, even towing my 28' toy hauler.

zach_carver

Jan 27, 2013
NORTH GA
Ive seen a stock fuel and stock trans truck sling #6 piston out of the block with only efi. I believe good tuner helps alot. But he run the truck HARD all the time. Cost him some $$$. Anything man made will fail at some point. IMO

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
668/1228 30psi launches, and can send you a shoe box (500+ slips) from 08-12 in the 11's.. She only saw one tune, even towing my 28' toy hauler.

That's what I like to see. Care to share how you went about getting to that power level ? And maybe how you think you've made it survive at that level?

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Fwiw....
Here's the thread I started asking about LBZ cp3 potential. There's some really good info in there and some b.s too
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50424&highlight=Duramaxin+LBZ&page=7

Lol. You forget ive been doin this way longer then you my friend? Lol My truck has been with twins for 2.5yrs. Well over the 600hp stock lbz pump so called tap out. Must be a fluke. Lmao. you come up with some of the most retarded comments ive ever heard. All im sayin is you can make more then 600hp. Mine is one, and i know lots of others on here also. Is it good for pump or motor? No, nothing is over 475hp. Everything fails eventually.

Modded pumps dont last very long either. Dual stockers are way more reliable. Ask a few members on here. But everyone has there own opinion on pumps.

Last edited: