Who is running AF (alternate firing) order cams, and for how long?

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
The cam was the only thing I went up in the air on I had one before it was a Hamilton cam and I decided last minute to go with a AF cam, my builder(small business and one man shop) uses EDP so I opted to go with them not based on price reputation or whatever, somewhere along the lines my cam got shipped then lost. So that started it all yes EDP should have sent it to me an not my builder, I'm not praising them an saying they are the best. Yes they should have let me know what the hell was going on sooner, and yes I'm still aggravated about it, but I got a good deal and a deadline of when I should receive my cam so I'm giving it one last shot. I am my own person and make my own judgements of companies/ people on my own no one enables what I think. I just want my damn truck to run at this point and this is the last part I need. my other parts rods, gaskets, ect. Have been much cheaper than anywhere else, the camshaft was the only thing I bought from EDP and so far until I voiced my experience no one knew that things were going sour, I not only did it for my own benefit but for other customers as well and to give them a wake up call. I just want things to go smoothly. I'm not taking anyone's side on this whole matter just purely voicing my experience about what is going down so other people in the diesel world can make their own judgement and not give me flack in the process, yea maybe I should have taken my money and went to somewhere else but I was willing to take the time to see how it plays out. If I still get my cam the only thing I'm screwed out of is lost time but the truck has been down for over 2 years so it's not like anything at this point is very surprising

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
REALLY wasn't this thread ORIGINALLY started asking who is running the AF cam. I just got tired of reading who knew more or who was better and bought one who is to say it isnt what I wanted in the first place (a bigger better cam) thats what building your own engine is all about trial and error. In the diesel world they just make you pay double for it. DIESEL means double LOL:thumb:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
REALLY wasn't this thread ORIGINALLY started asking who is running the AF cam. I just got tired of reading who knew more or who was better and bought one who is to say it isnt what I wanted in the first place (a bigger better cam) thats what building your own engine is all about trial and error. In the diesel world they just make you pay double for it. DIESEL means double LOL:thumb:

My dad could beat up your dad:woott:

Duramax stuff is pricey if you compare it to an SBC or something like so many do, but compared to other niche markets its not too bad IMO. Price a precision turbo for a Prostock tractor sometime. You may have bought your truck for less. The best part is next year they will change it just a little so everyone has to buy it to stay on top.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
My dad could beat up your dad:woott:

Duramax stuff is pricey if you compare it to an SBC or something like so many do, but compared to other niche markets its not too bad IMO. Price a precision turbo for a Prostock tractor sometime. You may have bought your truck for less. The best part is next year they will change it just a little so everyone has to buy it to stay on top.

Yes, compared to upgrading Ferrari's and Lamborghini's the Duramax is reasonably cost effective. Building my Mercedes was cheaper then my truck.