Who is running AF (alternate firing) order cams, and for how long?

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Kory can change it with his vodo stuff and flash it in your ECM. I think only on LBZ or LMM right now but it wouldn't surprise me if he could do it on the others as well

Yes sir, I currently have it covered for LBZ/LMM/LML.

Just order tuning as normal with mods and I make the change and bam! Flash it in with a efi autocal or v2.

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
I guess you could say it depends on who tunes your truck.

Danville will be he's only 2 hours away from my location and I like to see all that stuff in person with the money I'm dropping into this thing

Bluessmax, how in the world do you crack codes like that lol

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
I have been told the stock pistons will hold up to what I am doing but my experience with the duramax is limited as of now but I am learning new things every day. I do not know what HP I will be producing but estimates from what other guys are getting with similar builds it looks to be somewhere around 650 HP. I have been told the stock pistons will hold up to that???? but as I said I am learning every day!!! :confused:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I called socal diesel and the guy on the phone told me that empire stole their idea and their cam that he said they have on the shelf was almost $1500.00 AND Empire was $1200.00.
Pretty sure empire didn't steal anything. For one I believe empire OFFERED this cam before SoCal did, 2 you don't steal an idea that's been around for decades in other engines. Socals probably higher because "SoCal is the best at everything"

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I have been told the stock pistons will hold up to what I am doing but my experience with the duramax is limited as of now but I am learning new things every day. I do not know what HP I will be producing but estimates from what other guys are getting with similar builds it looks to be somewhere around 650 HP. I have been told the stock pistons will hold up to that???? but as I said I am learning every day!!! :confused:

I'da felt fine with cut lb7 pistons, not so much atall with lbz/lmm pistons unless your building a high rpm truck only

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
Pretty sure empire didn't steal anything. For one I believe empire OFFERED this cam before SoCal did, 2 you don't steal an idea that's been around for decades in other engines. Socals probably higher because "SoCal is the best at everything"

X2 on that one! Like I said before it's only paying for that SoCal name which is...only a name I would rather have someone who is a smaller business with good products and is personable with you and treat you with the same decency as if you were some bigger business, rather than deal with a business that's only concerned on how hard they can beat on there chest....

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

There's a lot more to the story but I agree that the idea nor the product were "stolen"...that's been a few companies' mantras for years now...sorry but the sympathy card shouldn't have to be pulled by a multi million dollar company ....ever.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
X2 on that one! Like I said before it's only paying for that SoCal name which is...only a name I would rather have someone who is a smaller business with good products and is personable with you and treat you with the same decency as if you were some bigger business, rather than deal with a business that's only concerned on how hard they can beat on there chest....

Have you ever talked to Guy?

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
It wasn't pointed directly towards him more in a general kind of sense, I haven't had any contact with him no, other people around where I'm at have made attempts to talk to him before tho and just get the cold shoulder. Also just at some posts I have read in the past comes off a little unfavorable for my likings. I don really have the desire to because I don't have half a million dollars to spend on SoCal logo parts

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
It was pointed directly towards him more in a general kind of sense, I haven't had any contact with him no, other people around where I'm at have made attempts to talk to him before tho and just get the cold shoulder. Also just at some posts I have read in the past comes off a little unfavorable for my likings. I don really have the desire to because I don't have half a million dollars to spend on SoCal logo parts

That is weird... Because I'm a nobody in the diesel world. I sent him an e-mail with my number and he called right back, spent 30 minutes explaining the alt. fire cam & different pistons to me and never once asked for my credit card... He was super nice and easy to talk to, never once did I get the impression I was bothering him. I wouldn't be to quick to judge anyone off of what you read on the internet. I also might add I have never spent a dime with Socal... yet.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
It wasn't pointed directly towards him more in a general kind of sense, I haven't had any contact with him no, other people around where I'm at have made attempts to talk to him before tho and just get the cold shoulder. Also just at some posts I have read in the past comes off a little unfavorable for my likings. I don really have the desire to because I don't have half a million dollars to spend on SoCal logo parts

People like socal because of their service and professional ism. Guy is usually not one to go off on a rant about anything. Real helpful and will sit on the phone until you get things figured out and understood.

I'm not saying they invented the wheel though. Their prices are steep but you get what you pay for. Guy is not the type to leave you hanging if there's an issue. That said though with any business you will have impossible customers that you simply need to fire. These people are vocal and often. Take to the Internet to push their "story" because they are disgruntled. Don't believe everything you read online and take it with a grain of salt. Remember more people come online to complain than anything.

As for an alternate firing order cam, been done on other engines for years. The only thing being first to the market allows you to do is thump your chest. Not too many people care.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That is weird... Because I'm a nobody in the diesel world. I sent him an e-mail with my number and he called right back, spent 30 minutes explaining the alt. fire cam & different pistons to me and never once asked for my credit card... He was super nice and easy to talk to, never once did I get the impression I was bothering him. I wouldn't be to quick to judge anyone off of what you read on the internet. I also might add I have never spent a dime with Socal... yet.

X2. I went back and forth with Guy before and after my motor build and he was always willing to give me information. Hell I didn't even go full out on my motor and we went back and forth on what we could do to fit my budget.

I do know a buddy of mine called SoCal to get some info on cutting and delipping pistons and who ever answered wouldn't give up that info so my buddy asked for guy, guy was happy to help him out.

Guy is by no means the cheapest but he went above and beyond what most shops would do for me so I could get my motor back together. I think of him and mike l as the Dmax twins of Cali lol

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
We paid for my SoCal cam and received it 3 days later in the mail. Might be a couple dollars more but didn't get dicked around for 3 months. Can't honestly believe you fell for their bullshit story and now taking up for them. Good luck.