LBZ: Trans build prep

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
I got the same delivery today! It's like Christmas just more expensive. But I didn't get the other star sticker lol. And I just remembered I ordered the allison manual from suncoast with my kit but it wasn't in the box. Well piss.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I have more suncoast stickers. Came with my book lol.

Lotsa stickers, wanna put them all on, but none of them are paying me to advertise, I had to buy from all of them. :roflmao:

Plus it wrecks the grandpa look I'm going for hehe

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
More then the regular c3's. Not sure if Andrew gave me a deal or not on them, he did on everything else though so I'm gonna assume he did with them as well. ~$170ish more for them over the standard c3's in the raybestos kit at the prices Andrew gave me if I remember correctly.

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
I paid 175 for my pinwheels and I didn't get a deal on anything. I'll have to look through my box again but I don't think they sent me the Raybestos c3 and I never saw where they took that out of my total price

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I paid 175 for my pinwheels and I didn't get a deal on anything. I'll have to look through my box again but I don't think they sent me the Raybestos c3 and I never saw where they took that out of my total price

If you paid $175 for the pinwheels then the price of them was discounted down by the price of the raybestos c3's. The price of that (pinwheel) friction pack to purchase it by itself is $501.00 so if you were charged the 175.00 then you had the upgrade and wouldn't receive the standard c3's

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Just gonna give a shout out to Andrew. Emailed him last night about the converter mix up and he had the proper one shipped to me before my first coffee break with the tracking number. I'd say my experience with suncoast thus far has been positive. Mistakes happen, but Andrew was quick to correct the problem. Thanks again Andrew, that's some damn fine customer service:thumb:

Ill be picking up trans fluid this week and some containers. Keep forgetting the quantity I will need so ill just buy a crap load lol

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
If you paid $175 for the pinwheels then the price of them was discounted down by the price of the raybestos c3's. The price of that (pinwheel) friction pack to purchase it by itself is $501.00 so if you were charged the 175.00 then you had the upgrade and wouldn't receive the standard c3's

Oh I see. I saw that $501 on my bill but it didn't add up into the total I was seeing. So guess I did get some sort of deal. And now I understand why there wasn't an extra set of c3's. Now to drop the Tranny and let the fun begin. I'm anxious to see what it's like to drive a truck with a good Tranny. Didn't mean to offend Andrew or suncoast with my lack of knowledge

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Oh I see. I saw that $501 on my bill but it didn't add up into the total I was seeing. So guess I did get some sort of deal. And now I understand why there wasn't an extra set of c3's. Now to drop the Tranny and let the fun begin. I'm anxious to see what it's like to drive a truck with a good Tranny. Didn't mean to offend Andrew or suncoast with my lack of knowledge

no offense taken at all! just wanted to help you understand. Now get that thing apart and together again !:woott:

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
no offense taken at all! just wanted to help you understand. Now get that thing apart and together again !:woott:

I ordered my atsg manual today but Jimmy said I missed shipping for the day. Hopefully it'll be here Friday. That's when the trans is going under the knife. I've limped this thing more than I can count so a strong transmission will be amazing.

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
Not trying to hijack dajokr's thread with my own questions, but I have the Mike L Pressure spring. So should I not use the suncoast spacer with it? Or use both.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Not trying to hijack dajokr's thread with my own questions, but I have the Mike L Pressure spring. So should I not use the suncoast spacer with it? Or use both.

My spring comes with a spacer. The spring alone will put your mainline pressure at 290 psi.That's plenty of pressure for up to 800 hp. Adding my shim will put you at 315/320 psi. A little much for the street but not over board. The spring was designed to use 2 shims for all out completion. 2 shims will get you 330 psi. If you install the spring, make sure you drill the pump plate as the trans can run hot.

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
My spring comes with a spacer. The spring alone will put your mainline pressure at 290 psi.That's plenty of pressure for up to 800 hp. Adding my shim will put you at 315/320 psi. A little much for the street but not over board. The spring was designed to use 2 shims for all out completion. 2 shims will get you 330 psi. If you install the spring, make sure you drill the pump plate as the trans can run hot.

I opened the bag it was in today and saw the spacer with it and the directions. If it's not overboard for the street will it actually hurt anything to run your spring with your spacer without 800hp? Of coarse with drilling the plate like you said.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
The spring and shim your taking about, am I correct in assuming this was what we talked about on the phone and hence the grinding on the stock valve Mike? The lock up boost valve, that's the one you said to set aside I'm pretty sure. Ok, I think I got this figured out.

Off work today and tomorrow so I'm shopping for my Dex 3 today and miscilanious tools I need. How long do you recommend running Dex 3 before switching back to transynd? I can't find quatransynd anywhere.

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
Jokr I was thinking the valve your grinding is the tc lockup valve "for no pressure drop". And the spring and spacer I'm talking about is a different part that actually makes more pressure in the entire system. I could be wrong. I ordered my Mike l spring from DHD. It just came in a bag with a drill bit spring and spacer.

I also got "in my suncoast kit" a new valve that I'm not quite sure where or why to use it. I'm thinking it's a c1 backfill valve? Came with a new bushing to update from the babbitt style?

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
After a quick looksie, I think I got another wrong part lol. I see on my bill the allison or spring kit, rt-a01-pr, but nothing in the kit with that identifier. The box that Mike says is for the lml is labeled rt-a11-prx. I think someone misgrabed a box and threw it in my kit.