LBZ: Trans build prep

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Glad to hear it. I'm going to try to get fingers vanes up here at the same time. Still gotta get ahold of kory and see if he knows how to adjust for the altered vanes. If not, I might have to pass on them. Lower drive pressures and possible decrease in Egts is always nice for my poor ole lbz pistons lol. Of course, a DP and exhaust might be more beneficial haha

Either way, I'm getting stoked for the tranny. Been debating getting the built trans tunes now...but figured I would totally finish of the tranny if I do that before it gets here at least haha

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Glad to hear it. I'm going to try to get fingers vanes up here at the same time. Still gotta get ahold of kory and see if he knows how to adjust for the altered vanes. If not, I might have to pass on them. Lower drive pressures and possible decrease in Egts is always nice for my poor ole lbz pistons lol. Of course, a DP and exhaust might be more beneficial haha

Either way, I'm getting stoked for the tranny. Been debating getting the built trans tunes now...but figured I would totally finish of the tranny if I do that before it gets here at least haha

Yes youd kill her. I know Kory can make em work...he fixed whatever issues I was having...he is da man

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Time will tell, my shopping list is growing. I need trac bars though. Was thinking DHD or (god forbid) LHFS. Any recommendations? Wheel hop is bad without built trans, it's gonna be awful after

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
[ QUOTE=DaJokr;819318]Glad to hear it. I'm going to try to get fingers vanes up here at the same time. Still gotta get ahold of kory and see if he knows how to adjust for the altered vanes. If not, I might have to pass on them. Lower drive pressures and possible decrease in Egts is always nice for my poor ole lbz pistons lol. Of course, a DP and exhaust might be more beneficial haha

Either way, I'm getting stoked for the tranny. Been debating getting the built trans tunes now...but figured I would totally finish of the tranny if I do that before it gets here at least haha[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of any tuning changes necessary as the ECU will adjust the vanes accordingly to hit our desired boost... And the processor in the ecu is so much physically faster than the vanes themselves that by the time the ecu tells the vanes to go to X % to make X boost, even modified vanes will be slower than the processor in the ecu... So I don't see where tuning would need to be adjusted for them. I have not done much reading on them, but that's my theory!

Kory

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
I must have misread the last couple threads I searched (from 2012 I think). There was something about turbo lag around 50mph when punching it and needed tuning to correct, so I assumed (silly me) that it was a tuning correction for the vanes. Might have just been fuel or something. At any rate, pretty sure you will get me were I need to be with tuning after my upgrades start falling in :hug::thumb::hello:

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Talked to Mike, just got off the phone. Due to shipping and duties I'm just going to go ahead and order the kit and build her myself. Little disappointed because a crate would be ideal, but this gives me extra money for more modifying. Hoping my truck will truly be a beast at the track this year, even if it's minor compared with the gnarly builds around here.

Now to throw a random number at my wife and start stockpiling parts for the build :)

Thanks for your time again Mike. As always, was nice to chat with ya. :thumb:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I did mine about a month ago. Everything went smooth as candy. Only advice that I can give you is mark the bearings before you pull them out so you know what sides the top. That was biggest issue I had. Also do a pump rub kit while your at it.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
I did mine about a month ago. Everything went smooth as candy. Only advice that I can give you is mark the bearings before you pull them out so you know what sides the top. That was biggest issue I had. Also do a pump rub kit while your at it.

Pump rub is done. New bearings going in. I'll make sure I pay attention to what side is up and down, thanks for the advice :thumb:

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Started ordering my parts. Got the main electrical harness, Torrington bearings, atsg allison manual (already have transmission times manual) and the all season brace since it's gonna be needed at the track more now then before lol:woott:

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I got a goerand triple disk converter in mine. Its black with a billet cover. Not sure what "series" it is. I would have to ask mike
So far I have about 250 miles on the trans and it feels great so far. Shifts are smooth and the new converter feels way better than the stock one.
Mike really did a good job!

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
I'll be honest, I'm pretty set on the 1058. Everyone has an opinion on the converters and we all use our trucks differently. So all I can really do is try one and see what happens :D

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Just locks up to hard for my likings after having a ML. Jerks the truck hard if you are not giving her hell.

What tcm operating system are you using? 5 speed im assuming? I can't see signatures with tapatalk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2