LBZ: Trans build prep

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
So it's at the shop now. There talking about just taking the tail housing off and if there's a bearing toasted as long as it hasn't gone through the planetarys just replace it and slap the housing back on. If it has then they will tear the whole trans down and check it all. But at this point they are just leaving the tranny in the truck.

It's got me nervous, because I thought that was a nono...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So it's at the shop now. There talking about just taking the tail housing off and if there's a bearing toasted as long as it hasn't gone through the planetarys just replace it and slap the housing back on. If it has then they will tear the whole trans down and check it all. But at this point they are just leaving the tranny in the truck.

if they aint pulling that trans to do it right, dont let them touch it

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Make them pull the transmission out!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

The fun is about to start.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
So I put the bearing on the 3rd sungear on upside down :facepalm:

Took out the planetary's, the large sungear in the c3's, the intermediate or output shaft and the bearing. Should have it back tomorrow once I scrounge up the funds for the repair bill.

Lesson learned, I hate torringtons. And the picture is so clear, we quadrupal checked that bearing before I closed it up even.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
So I put the bearing on the 3rd sungear on upside down :facepalm:

Took out the planetary's, the large sungear in the c3's, the intermediate or output shaft and the bearing. Should have it back tomorrow once I scrounge up the funds for the repair bill.

Lesson learned, I hate torringtons. And the picture is so clear, we quadrupal checked that bearing before I closed it up even.

:eek:

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Thanks Andrew. Think we're all sorted out here. Just looking forward to driving it again and getting back to the track. Already planning on finding another allison to use as a spare and get another kit for it. You'll get another call from me when that time rolls around :thumb

Thanks everyone for your help through the build, before, and after. I appreciate not being mocked for screwing it up. I half expected to be ridiculed, but instead it felt more like support. This forum is full of awesome and helpful people. It's nice to be a part of a community like this and makes me even prouder as a dmax owner.

Next up, making my mark on the locals as a force to be reckoned :woott:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
DaJokr, after the financial debacle you have put the wife and yourself through you're going to actually take the risk at the track, just an observation and ya I know if your "gonna play your gonna pay" but damn the self inflicted wounds gotta stop somewhere......:thumb:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
DaJokr, after the financial debacle you have put the wife and yourself through you're going to actually take the risk at the track, just an observation and ya I know if your "gonna play your gonna pay" but damn the self inflicted wounds gotta stop somewhere......:thumb:
Wow, you're boring. Don't be such a buzz kill. :D

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012

Whatevs
I prefer preachers that aren't perfect

Joker learned several lessons and spent time with his dad, wives forgive and forget, finances recover, time never slows down or can be gotten back. Those were his resources and he spent them the way he wanted to
Good for you man, good luck at the track!

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

Wow, you're boring. Don't be such a buzz kill. :D

Whatevs
I prefer preachers that aren't perfect

Joker learned several lessons and spent time with his dad, wives forgive and forget, finances recover, time never slows down or can be gotten back. Those were his resources and he spent them the way he wanted to
Good for you man, good luck at the track!

Women never forget, what you say and do can and will be used against you whenever necessary....for life

OK, here is another post to Dajokr

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/5960937-post394.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr
Glad to have some support. I just wonder who far I will get before it needs a refresh. I put a lot of miles on my truck. Kinda shooting myself in the foot one way or another in this build.

Naw.....you have the fortunate experience of doing a project with your father that I never had. My Father passed six years ago and looking back, the time you are having with your Dad now is unlike any I ever had with mine. It was all about work and not much else even though I worked for him for 13 years not much changed after I quit working for his company. Even though you may want to shoot yourself in the foot for tackling this build your relationship and time spent with him will overshadow the difficulty and you will always remember these times...........
Thumbup19,5B1,5D.gif.pagespeed.ce.-r7mnTcTEv.gif

Last edited: