S472 vs danville 72

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yea there is tons more room under the hood now. Getting rid of the egr cleaned it up so much. I can stick my hand straight down and get all 4 bolts off my y bridge real easy.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Yep just went and drove it around. The vvt codes dont seem to bother it at this point. Check engine light comes on at first start up, clear the codes and it doesnt come back on.

THIS THING IS AWESOME!! Its been snowing all day so I havent been able to test it out really. No joke it spools faster than the danville 72. Like seriously. So far just flooring it in second gear and up a to 3rd I saw 35 psi. Cant wait to hit some dry roads. This thing whistles like crazy. Sounds so much better than the danville 72.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC60p1rNUSQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-sahAf80Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In previous posts you've said your 4094 spooled just as fast as stock, so are you saying this s472 spools faster than stock? Not being a dick, just curious.

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
Well I think you helped me decide which route to go.. How do you think it would do on an lb7 with stock sticks? Maybe I should wait until I have to do them and put some nozzles on

Badheartbull

May 21, 2012
Sw MN
Well I think you helped me decide which route to go.. How do you think it would do on an lb7 with stock sticks? Maybe I should wait until I have to do them and put some nozzles on

I run a s472 on stock fuel and she runs great. You'll be fine on stock sticks

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
When you get it on dry roads post a vid. Sounds good, but it doesn't look like it spools as quick as the Danville from that first vid.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Did you mean he said his 72vgt spooled like stock? Because what you high lighted was 72, not 4094.

His 72 was a 4094 in its previous life. Don't know if I've seen him comment on the 72 spool vs 4094 spool. I would assume the 72 would be slightly more laggy.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I think he is saying he is really stoked with his new setup and christmas came early.
As much crap as he went through lets wait til new year to beat him up :p

from mobile