LLY: RCSB 1500 LLY round 2

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I wouldn't go throwing tcm tunes in this. Specially after what we were just talking about. Unless you pull your tune as it sits right now and send it out, you will have to have the trans relearn all over again before you go jammin on it. I don't believe it to be tuning just yet ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't take low rail pressure into consideration until you mentioned it. I'd also turn the tune down a bit till it can keep rail up and go from there.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I don't understand how I'm draining the rails with lift pump and stock injectors....aren't there guys running 40 overs on a single stock cp3 with no issues?

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The cp3 I just put in was supposed to be a good condition low mile (30k) LMM pump.

I need to go run it again and keep an eye on lift pump pressure and make sure it's holding too.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Return rates off the injectors wouldn't hurt after checking some of these other things, might be a couple injectors

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Looks like you are dropping down to 22000 psi on a 3000us tune. I would drop the tune until you can get pressure back up above 24,000 psi.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Looks like you are dropping down to 22000 psi on a 3000us tune. I would drop the tune until you can get pressure back up above 24,000 psi.

He dropping more than that. I'd venture to guess 18k ish. Look at the purple line prior to where the cursor is.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Are all of the FPRVs set to release at the same pressure? I shimmed my stock LLY FPRV when everything was apart. I'll try the bottle test here in the next couple of days and see if I get anything bypassing.

Will try to rig up a return rate test too.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Are all of the FPRVs set to release at the same pressure? I shimmed my stock LLY FPRV when everything was apart. I'll try the bottle test here in the next couple of days and see if I get anything bypassing.

Will try to rig up a return rate test too.

no, they all pop at different rates. some weaker than others. id shim the crap out of it (think you can fit up to 3 washers in there, dunno as the LB7s damn near never need it)

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I put all three washers from the shim kit in it already.

I wouldn't be surprised if it needs injectors with 190k miles on the stock ones. Wanted to do it while it was apart but I was over budget by quite a bit already, out of $$ to spend on this thing for the time being since I refuse to rack up debt keeping it going. Any more and I wouldn't be able to pay the CC bill in full this month, and that would be the first time in about 5 years that I carried a balance. No thanks! :roflmao:

I think watching the lift pump pressure, doing the bottle test, and doing the return rate test will tell me what the issue is. I'm hoping for a cheap solution but I'm betting it needs injectors.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
The cp3 I just put in was supposed to be a good condition low mile (30k) LMM pump.

I need to go run it again and keep an eye on lift pump pressure and make sure it's holding too.

sucks to see this,,your cp3 is acting like mine and it has 305k miles on it.my trucks faster at 75 to 80% throttle than wot.:(
I also have 1 or 2 injectors going out but not to bad yet.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I put all three washers from the shim kit in it already.

I wouldn't be surprised if it needs injectors with 190k miles on the stock ones. Wanted to do it while it was apart but I was over budget by quite a bit already, out of $$ to spend on this thing for the time being since I refuse to rack up debt keeping it going. Any more and I wouldn't be able to pay the CC bill in full this month, and that would be the first time in about 5 years that I carried a balance. No thanks! :roflmao:

I think watching the lift pump pressure, doing the bottle test, and doing the return rate test will tell me what the issue is. I'm hoping for a cheap solution but I'm betting it needs injectors.

nailed it.

yeah no need to jump on this thing every waking moment, it still runs and runs well. there is always going to be some little thing that pops up. While mine has been pretty issue free motor wise, ive still had to put two injectors in it since the build, fixed some boost leaks, figured out why it was eating oil, refreshed the trans cause i hurt it, spent more hours than i want to think about tuning the motor to get MPG up and smoke down, and other little things ive forgotten about. this was over the course of almost 3 years now and its not gunna stop lol.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Got an updated tune from Mark. Seems to be a little better, still drops rail from commanded 26k to 20-21k in 2nd gear, but I think it's a little better than it was.

I went out and played a little more tonight, kept an eye on lift pump pressure and I keep 2-3 psi positive pressure in the lines so that's not a problem.

Here's another screenshot and another video. Screenshot highlights the largest delta between actual and commanded rail pressure. I think this is as good as it's gonna get until I identify and solve whatever's causing the low rail pressure. It'll work for now though :)

[YOUTUBE]Vd65zfs4hjU[/YOUTUBE]

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 30