LLY: RCSB 1500 LLY round 2

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I think there's just 8 little screws on the lug covers. I talked to him yesterday before he ran it and he was asking me about the 10 bolt, so it's still there.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Damn that thing is sexy now! Made a solid pass too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
meshanic (new owner) ran a 10.93 @ 126 in the truck last night. I think he told me he added 45% over injectors and a dual fueler setup, and loaded his own tunes.

He even made it look sexier :)

12096120_10201012682435863_9118601630147239015_n_zpsapid8oe9.jpg

Video
http://vid217.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/thunder550/99RCSB/IMG951188_zpsneu8ahff.mp4

Damn! What kinda wheel are those?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I wanna do a 1500 swap pretty bad, short bed probably, but the long when base of a long bed has saved my ass a few times I'm sure

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Damn that thing is sexy now! Made a solid pass too

It has more in it but the suspension needs some work. On my smaller tunes it works but when I turn it up it gets crazy. You can't see it in the vid but the truck torques to the right really hard the whole way down the track. It's not cleaning up the smoke either so I'll help it with some n20: )

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
It has more in it but the suspension needs some work. On my smaller tunes it works but when I turn it up it gets crazy. You can't see it in the vid but the truck torques to the right really hard the whole way down the track. It's not cleaning up the smoke either so I'll help it with some n20: )

I didn't watch the video. 10s on a stock motor is sweet though. Makes me want a short bed truck worse now

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
We have a diesel shootout coming up Nov 7th so I have a few weeks to get this thing dialed in better. I'm thinking of getting DJM hangers & Rancho 9k shocks all the way around. The hangers will improve the angle of my cal tracs. With the front pin in the top hole they are still too straight imo. Plus it'll level it much better. If I could get it to leave straight I know the tires would hook better.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
DJM hangers wont work with Caltracs. The hanger "arm" is positioned below the spring. Found that out AFTER I bought the kit.
I had to buy a set of rear hangers/shackles off Ebay that had the "arm" located above the spring.

But if you still want to use the DJM stuff, Ive got the DJM HS2599-4 rear kit and CA2599U upper control arms out in the garage gathering dust. Never been used for anything other than testfits. If you want them, I would make you a smoking deal.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My sig pic is how it looked when Aaron bought it. I did the HD grille and bumper but had a cowl hood. Aaron did the HD hood and color matched everything.

eand28

Jun 7, 2015
My sig pic is how it looked when Aaron bought it. I did the HD grille and bumper but had a cowl hood. Aaron did the HD hood and color matched everything.

Do you have to buy a whole new bumper specific to the HD trucks or can you buy the top plastic piece for the bumper without having to buy the whole bumper. And the HD grille bolts right in?

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
It's just the plastic cap that's different. If you're converting a half ton you'll have to cut the bumper brackets and move it down some. The HD grille bolts right in.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
DJM hangers wont work with Caltracs. The hanger "arm" is positioned below the spring. Found that out AFTER I bought the kit.
I had to buy a set of rear hangers/shackles off Ebay that had the "arm" located above the spring.

But if you still want to use the DJM stuff, Ive got the DJM HS2599-4 rear kit and CA2599U upper control arms out in the garage gathering dust. Never been used for anything other than testfits. If you want them, I would make you a smoking deal.

Thanks Tom for warning me before I bought the new kit. Can you tell me more about the eBay set? I might just go that route since I don't want to drop the front any more. My CV angles are negative but just about straighten up on the launch so that's where I need to stay.