LLY: RCSB 1500 LLY round 2

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
that bolt is oil gallery

Good to know, is there a coolant drain in the oil cooler on an lly?

I'm 99% sure there is a coolant drain on the oil cooler in an lbz.. Had one leaking there a month or so ago..

But I've slept and drank a little since then...

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
A White Vinegar/water mix also makes a great cooling system flush. I've always used regular water, but my water has never been super hard.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
What ratio? I have simple green and water in it now. The radiator shop I bought from today told me they don't recommend chemical flushes, just regular detergents.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
How long do you guys think I'll be ok running tap water in the cooling system? I drained and filled with water and 1 qt simple green 3 times today and was still getting oil droplets in the surge tank. I switched over to 1 cup of tide and did that twice, decided to leave it in for a few days and let it circulate as I drive to work and such.

On the plus side, I can knock out a full drain and fill, including the block plugs, in about 30 minutes now :roflmao:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If it's not in any danger of freezing you'll be ok for a while. I ran one of my trucks for like 6 months on straight water. The only thing is it won't cool as good but I don't think your towing

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
How long do you guys think I'll be ok running tap water in the cooling system? I drained and filled with water and 1 qt simple green 3 times today and was still getting oil droplets in the surge tank. I switched over to 1 cup of tide and did that twice, decided to leave it in for a few days and let it circulate as I drive to work and such.
When 6.0 p.s. oil coolers fail we flush those things for days with simple green/tap water. I've even tried purple power in a few. That shit never seems to fully go away. Yours isn't as bad as they are so hopefully you get yours clean eventually.

Last edited:

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
What ratio? I have simple green and water in it now. The radiator shop I bought from today told me they don't recommend chemical flushes, just regular detergents.

I've always run a 50/50 ratio or less. On my KTMs, its been 50/50. With my tractor, I used 33/67.

I can't remember what I used on the dmax. Probably 1 gallon to whatever filled it up.

Just make sure to rinse it well. Simple Green and White Vinegar are both biodegradable, so you should be good to dump, drain and fill with water until the smell goes away.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
How are you liking your oil drain to the valve cover? Do you have any more pictures of it?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thanks guys :)

I ordered some new injector hold down bolts, I think I'm pushing some air past the copper seats at higher boost levels. Not going to go crazy til those are installed, but I will say I can break the tires loose at 50 mph now :woott:

Mark, your tunes are awesome so far :D Very clean! Thank you!

Hope you got some billet hold downs and stud kit, your going to need them, lol! Glad you like the tuning and let me know if you need anything else!:thumb: