LLY: RCSB 1500 LLY round 2

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
First run of the night :)

IMAG0517_zpsxfcbu5fl.jpg

Ran at full weight, tailgate and passenger seat in and probably 20 lbs of stuff on the passenger floor. Didn't have anyone I knew that I could leave stuff with.

Only got 3 runs in, track was a damn zoo and they shut it down it seemed like every 4-5 runs to clean up after someone.

Last run I ran a 1.73 60'. I was pre staged building boost for 25 seconds while the other guy figured out how to work the lights, so the truck was hot (205 TFT, 214 ECT and 174 IAT) when I left the line, so it ran a little slower 12.005 @ 113. I still have some work to do on my launches, installed limiting straps on the front end for last night but haven't gotten them adjusted right yet. I think the truck has a 11.7 in it with some weight reduction and better short times, but overall I was happy to get an 11 sec slip.

One of my buddies showed up and took video, I hope he got the first run. I'll update once I get the vids from him.

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Chris we need to find a Saturday event where they prep worth a crap and go run then. Logan and I are trying to figure out a weekend for that.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Why limit straps? That'll just take weight off the front tires when they hit, no?

The idea is to tighten them down so there isn't a "hit", there's just no room for the suspension to decompress at all. Some of the other half ton guys have had good luck with them, so I'm doing copypasta :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Straps stretch so there isn't much of a "hit" to them. It's a cheap way to get around buying qa1's for the slow rebound adjustment. It works, problem is they stretch so you need an adjustable clevis to keep them taught after a run

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
Great, thanks :)

Got the rear main done tonight, flywheel and balancer reinstalled.

These Kent Moore tools are awesome, thanks to delong_1 and onebaddmaxxx for letting me use them!

IMAG0317_zps7jxqzcng.jpg

I thought I had a pic of the front one in use also but I must have deleted it accidentally.

IMAG0311_zpsjvn9gxjf.jpg

Flywheel holding tool in the background of this one, peeking out of the starter hole.

IMAG0318_zpsfjmj6ayl.jpg

IMAG0322_zpschd46isc.jpg

IMAG0323_zpsnsmxavka.jpg

Could I borrow said tools too? I could pay for the ride and a fee for borrowing the tools.