Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Ok we made it through the winter without tearing anything up & the tracks finally opened around here. We took the truck out to Caprock Motorsports park in Penwell (Odessa) a few weeks ago. Tried launching in 2nd & finally got my 60' down to a 1.57. I kept running the same 2800us tune that ran the 10.58. Made 8 10 sec passes on that tune & the stock motor just loved every bit of it. My plan was to beat my 10.5 or blow it up trying but that stock motor was a fighter. Sat down & wrote a 3100us @ 32* tune to try. Launched hard, spun a little & hit the spray when I locked the converter right before third. Felt really good until about have track when I felt a loss of power & it starting knocking. Quick sweep of the gauges & a look in the mirror showed no real trouble so I stayed in it. Went 10.63 @ 134 with banana rods! Loaded it on the trailer under it's own power. I win:woott:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok we made it through the winter without tearing anything up & the tracks finally opened around here. We took the truck out to Caprock Motorsports park in Penwell (Odessa) a few weeks ago. Tried launching in 2nd & finally got my 60' down to a 1.57. I kept running the same 2800us tune that ran the 10.58. Made 8 10 sec passes on that tune & the stock motor just loved every bit of it. My plan was to beat my 10.5 or blow it up trying but that stock motor was a fighter. Sat down & wrote a 3100us @ 32* tune to try. Launched hard, spun a little & hit the spray when I locked the converter right before third. Felt really good until about have track when I felt a loss of power & it starting knocking. Quick sweep of the gauges & a look in the mirror showed no real trouble so I stayed in it. Went 10.63 @ 134 with banana rods! Loaded it on the trailer under it's own power. I win:woott:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio

Hell yeah man!

When will the new truck be out?

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Hell yeah man!

When will the new truck be out?

The blue Pro Street truck is actually up for sale. It pains me but we ended up going in another direction with the race program this year. It's a long story but this little black truck is supposed to be in the ultimate callout challenge in place of another truck that won't be ready in time. Now we need money, lots & lots of money...

Last edited:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
The blue Pro Street truck is actually up for sale. It pains me but we ended up going in another direction with the race program this year. It's a long story but this little black truck is supposed to be in the ultimate callout challenge in place of another truck that won't be ready in time. Now we need money, lots & lots of money...

Oh damn.

Isn't the challenge coming up here soon?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Like 5 or 6 weeks isn't it? Not sure what blue truck your referring to but I'm guessing if it was a race truck that your taking the motor and possibly trans from it and pitting it in the black one?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Not gonna lie...he might be the smartest of all of us on here. No crank issues, way cheaper, lighter, faster...can't blame him 1 bit. Even his dodge is sexy. If I didn't have so much into mine I'd sell it. Should stopped at stock turbo and got the trans done right the 1st time, not 3rd time lol...I'd be wayyyyyyy ahead

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota

Badass, I gotta get mine going that quick :D

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Not gonna lie...he might be the smartest of all of us on here. No crank issues, way cheaper, lighter, faster...can't blame him 1 bit. Even his dodge is sexy. If I didn't have so much into mine I'd sell it. Should stopped at stock turbo and got the trans done right the 1st time, not 3rd time lol...I'd be wayyyyyyy ahead

I absolutely disagree. There have always been gassers racing. Cars, trucks, mopeds. The diesel stuff is new. If you look at NHRDA super street records for the last 5 years, it's unreal how far it's come. 10 second gassers have been around forever. 5 years ago this stock motor LLY would have set world records. Today a 9.9 second 6k pound 4wd isn't even in the top of the class. True it costs a lot of money but there are far less fish in this sea.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Yes I'll give you that, but from a purely financial standpoint it's smarter for the 80% of the crowd to do IF it is a strictly hardcore racing application. Weekend warrior who has a vehicle with multiple tasks diesels in general take the cake.

That being said this is my opinion and not meant as a slap in the face to anyone or anything

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Yes I'll give you that, but from a purely financial standpoint it's smarter for the 80% of the crowd to do IF it is a strictly hardcore racing application. Weekend warrior who has a vehicle with multiple tasks diesels in general take the cake.

That being said this is my opinion and not meant as a slap in the face to anyone or anything

I hear ya man. I took no offense at all. The argument for gas & diesel racing ends on this point. The diesel guys (especially Dmax guys) are just a much funner crowd to hang around with. You can rub elbows with the top guys in the industry & you'll never know it by the way they act. And... diesels are funner to race. Torque ftw