Racing Thermostats:

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
Got mine two days ago (Thanks Kat:hug:)and put them in today

truck ran great, so the moonshine must not have any temp. parameters that would limit it...I wont tow the trailer again until Monday... will report back the results...:thumb:

Jeff P

hail the V8 diesel
May 28, 2008
Queensland Australia
Hi just to throw my two bobs worth in i have a set of the cooler thermostats in my truck here in Australia (thanks for that Kat !) i live in tropical Queensland and my main reason for fitting was to keep the under bonnet temp down cooler air into the engine ! I have worked for the CAT dealers in Australia for years and asked the question years ago why do CAT engines need to run so hot well the answer I got was because of the sulfur in the fuel was the reason causing engine component wear valve guides especially every body here in Oz with a turbo ford six (petrol) runs cooler thermostats for the reason of cooler air temp into the engine more power Also the purpose of the thermostat is to REGULATE temperature and create a restriction in the block to allow the coolant to absorb heat to be carried to the radiator
thanks guys

FullSpec

Served cold.
Apr 6, 2009
Hi just to throw my two bobs worth in i have a set of the cooler thermostats in my truck here in Australia (thanks for that Kat !) i live in tropical Queensland and my main reason for fitting was to keep the under bonnet temp down cooler air into the engine ! I have worked for the CAT dealers in Australia for years and asked the question years ago why do CAT engines need to run so hot well the answer I got was because of the sulfur in the fuel was the reason causing engine component wear valve guides especially every body here in Oz with a turbo ford six (petrol) runs cooler thermostats for the reason of cooler air temp into the engine more power Also the purpose of the thermostat is to REGULATE temperature and create a restriction in the block to allow the coolant to absorb heat to be carried to the radiator
thanks guys

oi, notice any thermal 'tradeoffs' with these mate? I just ordered a set and will be running them on my hardest day this friday. Just wanted to see if anyone has additional input on running these on the street heavy hauling/towing. :confused:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Mine have been in since January. It's been pretty cold but my truck stays much cooler. I also noticed my oil pressure stays higher than usual, colder oil?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Any issues running these in the winter and not getting up to temp? Seems like they would be great for the summer