Racing Thermostats:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
also wondering if something like this could be useful in a van where gm detuned it partly due to heat issues from smaller engine compartment area/smaller rad, etc...

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
just curious why you wound'nt recommend for towing? more testing needed? I'm not in a hurry to change anything on the truck, as i tow ALOT and I cant even remember the last time i've heard the fan kick in on the truck. just curious

yes more testing and since the overall water temp was not reduced while under heavy load there would not be much if any benifit .

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I wasn't aware any thermostat had this feature but maybe. I don't see them being any different than the factory thermostat as far as operation. It's pretty standard across the board in all applications as in how most of them work.

Last edited:

Tired Old Man

Aug 15, 2007
Where ever the wind blows
This isnt rocket sience guys , they only drop temp by 15 deg and i have put 100 + miles on my truck so far D/D with these stats in and there is no ill effect so far , and if it was to do it this weekend will show it , i tow 14k , it will be 95 deg and we will be hitting plenty of 8% grades @ 10k elevation and i tow with a heavy foot and big power .

8.5 Mi of 8% and that's the truth, been there done that
6 mi of 8% into Lewiston sure is pretty site to see

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Are these fast opening thermostats still available?

Yes, I will PM you the shipping info. We are in the process moving the Hot Rod shop to the man cave. So everything is in boxes :(

I'm sorry for the delay:eek: I found them tonight.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
interested...let me know how you'd like to handle payment Kat...:thumb:

I just ordered another batch of these. I should have them by the middle of next week. I can do Paypal or I can contact your for a CC#.

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
I just ordered another batch of these. I should have them by the middle of next week. I can do Paypal or I can contact your for a CC#.

I guess PP...

Just let me know when you want me to send it...when it comes in or in advance...either way is fine by me...

Thanks Kat!:)

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I guess PP...

Just let me know when you want me to send it...when it comes in or in advance...either way is fine by me...

Thanks Kat!:)

When they come in. I don't like taking people money until I'm ready to ship.

If you could PM me your address then when they get here and I weigh the box I can get a shipping cost :thumb: