LMM: Questions on motor removal

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Problem..........

How am I supposed to get my truck to roll? LOL.

I need to get my trans into neutral to roll it halfway out of my garage. Of course batteries are all disconnected along with everything else, and motors just sitting there. Can I connect up one battery to get the truck to turn on and move the shift lever or is it gonna FREAK out?

Disconnect linkage at trans and do it manually?

Me es confused :confused:

Or I guess I could pull my driveshaft...... thats prob easiest.

think this is a good bet :D

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Problem..........

I need to get my trans into neutral to roll it halfway out of my garage. Of course batteries are all disconnected along with everything else, and motors just sitting there. Can I connect up one battery to get the truck to turn on and move the shift lever or is it gonna FREAK out?

Just put the key to the ON position and put it in neutral

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
DSC06403.jpg

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Problem..........

put it on them little metal car dollies

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I tried the 4 wheel dollies... the trucks are so heavy the wheels won't roll:rofl:

If they do roll first thing they hit, snap... dolly wheel breaks off or helpful idiot pushes on a door panel and bends it... watched that happen to mine!:eek:

Given the space it appears you have, try a jack and "pick it" middle of the rear end and slide one end at a time.

I dig the motor out picture SIK... that was so exciting... the possibilities are endless!

Good luck its alotta work but it'll be worth it.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
And I had a major fail too... anyone have a rear cover I can get? :(

DSC06395.jpg

OUCH! I don't have one for an 08... sorry, different than LLY?.

I may be able to get a good price for one through the dealer... hopefully someone has one. Know a good welder?

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
LBZRcks may have one for me.... I dont even wanna know the price of one from the dealer. I missed a damn trans bolt and couldnt figure why it wouldnt disengage from the engine, so I started yanking, prying, etc and ya.... :mad:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
If you turn the key to ACCESSORY (not ON!) the electronic brake-shift interlock does not actuate. So, if you want to get the trans out of park with the batteries disconnected, just turn the key to ACC.