PPE Kit

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Yes, i am local to him and have heard nothing but good things about ben. On the contrary i have many friends that have had amazing luck with george and have had not one complaint or hiccup with his work. I drove the distance because i KNEW i would come out of their happy, and not have any issues. I'm not worried about distance, but when it comes to quality work i know where to go for it, again not saying ben doesn't have quality work, but don't know of anyone that is running his transmisson, if i am mistaken he uses mikes and georges kits that they put together. :thumb:

He buys from Mike. He is really close with Mike. That is a good thing. I'm not saying you shouldnt buy from George, I would be a hypocrite if I was.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm sure it wasn't Mike, And thats fine if you did not want to put together or sell me a kit, all I asked for was a return phone call saying you could hook me up with some parts or not. I have never been a d!ck to you in any of our conversations on the phone or online so im not sure what the condensending I dont give a sh!t attitude is about:confused:

You take things the wrong way. I was saying that I didn't have hard feelings because you bought your parts somewhere else as they were not available to you. I no longer ship kits to anyone unless they are qualified to install them on their own without help from me. If I do sell anything, it will not be in a PM. I do not respond to PM's very well as it backfires on me.
Now that that is said; I am glad you got your kit and wish you all the best with your Allison upgrade.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So your saying the ALLISON repair shop who works on ALLISONS all day can't put one together? :confused:

if its the shop up here in phoenix i wish you the best of luck. There was a reason i called everyone i knew with a trailer to borrow to haul steves truck back to mike to get his trans fixed. Those guys are pretty good at fixing an issue but building a trans for performance is nothing they know about. I hope it works out for you though in all seriouness cause these trans are not cheap.

And for anyone new, Steve had a C3 de-lamination on his truck and i ran around to get a trailer to haul him back to Mikes to be worked on. Mike took VERY good care of him and you really could not have asked for more. thats the reason i will take my transmissions to him cause he takes care of his customers better than jsut about anyone ive ever delt with when a problem arises. :hug:

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
if its the shop up here in phoenix i wish you the best of luck. There was a reason i called everyone i knew with a trailer to borrow to haul steves truck back to mike to get his trans fixed. Those guys are pretty good at fixing an issue but building a trans for performance is nothing they know about. I hope it works out for you though in all seriouness cause these trans are not cheap.

And for anyone new, Steve had a C3 de-lamination on his truck and i ran around to get a trailer to haul him back to Mikes to be worked on. Mike took VERY good care of him and you really could not have asked for more. thats the reason i will take my transmissions to him cause he takes care of his customers better than jsut about anyone ive ever delt with when a problem arises. :hug:

Chris Chores, S&K Allison off 14th Ave and Deer Valley?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
trans isn't together yet if you feel like overnighting me parts feel free. I robbed these parts from a different kit i'm using now.

Matt,

Please give me a call in the AM and let see if we can work out the details..

714-985-4825

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
WW Williams is a local Alli shop here in Phoenix and yes they are not allowed to install a performance kit in a 1000 series.

However Chris at S&K is allowed to do them because he is not Big Brothered by Allison. Even still he knows his way through an allison and even changed some parts on mine (not included in the kit) that he was concerned about. Oh yeah and even through in a free set of C5 clutches and steels to make it a full rebuild.

I also like the feeling that if I have an issue Chris is local and not 400 miles away. He warranties all his work and is a straight forward guy.

I raced on the trans that he built with less than 100 miles on it, 8 passes all together plus 5 months of beating the hell out of it on the street. When I replaced the spin on (4000 miles later), the magnet had just a slight haze of clutch material on it and the fluid was extremely clean for being in a trans that was broke in on the track.

When my truck was brand new and bone stock the magnet looked like a damn chia pet growing on top of the filter. Say what you will, there are more than 2 guys that know how to build an Alli and one of them is in your back yard James!

On the DroidX

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Yes, i am local to him and have heard nothing but good things about ben. On the contrary i have many friends that have had amazing luck with george and have had not one complaint or hiccup with his work. I drove the distance because i KNEW i would come out of their happy, and not have any issues. I'm not worried about distance, but when it comes to quality work i know where to go for it, again not saying ben doesn't have quality work, but don't know of anyone that is running his transmisson, if i am mistaken he uses mikes and georges kits that they put together. :thumb:

X2....i drove 6 hours to see george..and have since sent 3 local guys to see him as well...hey george can i get some commision? :roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Chris Chores, S&K Allison off 14th Ave and Deer Valley?

See the bold below, thats who im talking about.

WW Williams is a local Alli shop here in Phoenix and yes they are not allowed to install a performance kit in a 1000 series.

However Chris at S&K is allowed to do them because he is not Big Brothered by Allison. Even still he knows his way through an allison and even changed some parts on mine (not included in the kit) that he was concerned about. Oh yeah and even through in a free set of C5 clutches and steels to make it a full rebuild.

I also like the feeling that if I have an issue Chris is local and not 400 miles away. He warranties all his work and is a straight forward guy.

I raced on the trans that he built with less than 100 miles on it, 8 passes all together plus 5 months of beating the hell out of it on the street. When I replaced the spin on (4000 miles later), the magnet had just a slight haze of clutch material on it and the fluid was extremely clean for being in a trans that was broke in on the track.

When my truck was brand new and bone stock the magnet looked like a damn chia pet growing on top of the filter. Say what you will, there are more than 2 guys that know how to build an Alli and one of them is in your back yard James!

On the DroidX

Lol ben, this is an area ill agree to disagree because ive spent enough time with Mike to understand some of the required details for an allison to keep up in a 500+ truck or a 800+ truck and last. granted i dont know it all but based on how Mike took care of Steve, How he worked with me on my trans shifting issue a year ago, and just how he supports the dmax community, i wouldnt go anywhere different. I know he knows his stuff and after all the r&d/time/money ive done on my front end to find strong parts that will hold up to me, i dont want to go down that road again with an allison. Chris may have it all figured out as well but id rather borrow another trailer and haul my rig back to mike if something were to happen to the trans. Its my opinon and like everyone says, we all have opinons and we all have assholes :D :hug:. My original post for maricopa was pointed toward him going to the actual allison dealer if he somehow had a guy on the side doing it.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I hear ya James. Just saying that there are other alternatives to getting a trans built. Not doggin Mike L at all. Without him where would be with the aftermarket products available for the Alli 1000? Not where we are now!

Now, if I needed a trans built to handle 1000+ rear wheel hp with a custom TC and every mod needed I would probably go with someone that has done it before.

On the DroidX

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Matt,

Please give me a call in the AM and let see if we can work out the details..

714-985-4825

I've called till i was blue in the face over this trans,, hence the reason i said f' it and as it stands will never sell another ppe part again (honestly i never sold much PPE anyway). I'll spend my own money to get the ppe shit i have in front of me off the street as it gives me a bad name having this truck go down. wanna make it right?? Put the parts in a box being shipped to 885 Settlers Trace Corydon IN 47112 and ship me the parts. C1 and C2 for a 04 LB7 truck. if you don't wanna thats fine. I don't wanna waste more of my time and money replacing PPE's parts. as it is now i'm so pissed i'm not gonna waste anymore phone battery life over this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
See the bold below, thats who im talking about.

Lol ben, this is an area ill agree to disagree because ive spent enough time with Mike to understand some of the required details for an allison to keep up in a 500+ truck or a 800+ truck and last. granted i dont know it all but based on how Mike took care of Steve, How he worked with me on my trans shifting issue a year ago, and just how he supports the dmax community, i wouldnt go anywhere different. I know he knows his stuff and after all the r&d/time/money ive done on my front end to find strong parts that will hold up to me, i dont want to go down that road again with an allison. Chris may have it all figured out as well but id rather borrow another trailer and haul my rig back to mike if something were to happen to the trans. Its my opinon and like everyone says, we all have opinons and we all have assholes :D :hug:. My original post for maricopa was pointed toward him going to the actual allison dealer if he somehow had a guy on the side doing it.

I was just making sure we werent talking about the same people. I wasnt sure who the other shop was..
James gave me Chris's name with good recomendation, and it isnt his first 1000 build.. So im comfortable at this point. Hopefully it all goes well/:D

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
So the clearneces we off on both the c-1 and c-2s?

They are on my PPE stg 5 kit,, I think everything else went together quite well but we could not button it up this weekend due to what I consider clearance issues.. Your kit says spec .90 - 1.10 on C1 and there measuring 1.27... ATSG says spec is good to 1.25:confused: Going to try and get another plate from Allison in the A.M and hopefully button it up tomorrow afternoon.....

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
What year truck? Are you checking clearance with inner snap ring only? Dealer has nothing that can help you. Call me.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
What year truck? Are you checking clearance with inner snap ring only? Dealer has nothing that can help you. Call me.

Early 04, outer snap ring was on, I was told Atlantic/allison (local dealer) sold different thickness plates but have not been able to comfirm this because they are not open on the weekends. Assuming I am measuring this correctly what is the correct way to remedy clearance issues?, Different thickness plate or clutches/steels? I tried you around 6 O' clock my time (eastern) but got your voice mail. When would be a good time to reach you? Thanks.....

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Early 04, outer snap ring was on, I was told Atlantic/allison (local dealer) sold different thickness plates but have not been able to comfirm this because they are not open on the weekends. Assuming I am measuring this correctly what is the correct way to remedy clearance issues?, Different thickness plate or clutches/steels? I tried you around 6 O' clock my time (eastern) but got your voice mail. When would be a good time to reach you? Thanks.....

Anytime you like. 714 870 7300

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
(Update) - The outer snap ring was not on, my mistake:eek: The clearances were infact..127 and we ended up milling the top plate down to get the C1 clearance to .110.... Mike I tried you a couple times but only got a recording..

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
SO what fluid to put in the PPE V kit?

Im reading different options..

Dex III
dex VI
or transynd

And is the ppe converter bigger? or 17qts total?