custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
SO what fluid to put in the PPE V kit?

Im reading different options..

Dex III
dex VI
or transynd

And is the ppe converter bigger? or 17qts total?

I believe the PPE converter is actually a Precision ML tripple disk with billet back but its stamped PPE and is white instead of Pink.. Maybe Mike can confirm this?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I believe the PPE converter is actually a Precision ML tripple disk with billet back but its stamped PPE and is white instead of Pink.. Maybe Mike can confirm this?

It's an ML. Should be stamped on the box.
Your Dex 6 will eventualy erode the front pump seal unless you changed it.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
It's an ML. Should be stamped on the box.
Your Dex 6 will eventualy erode the front pump seal unless you changed it.

I did not even look at the box and yes we changed the front pump seal aswell as the other rotating assembly seals.. Thanks for the info......

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I drove a lbz with a ppe stg 4 kit.... It shifted and locked up like a dream. Granted the truck only had a mild tune on it. (90hp)

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
When checking clearances, how do you tell when you have found the measurement. One my c4's, I .076 seems pretty snug, but If I want i can fit .080 in there. Just need some advice on how to gauge.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Is .005 off something to worry about?

I'm doing a suncoast btw

Depends .005 off of who's spec's? ATSG, suncoast, or other? I just tried to stay in the middle of my spec's from PPE. The only clutches I had issues with were the C1 and C2's but the C2's were my fault:eek: And the C1's I think PPE sent me clutches for a 6sp and not a 5sp. I milled my top plate to get a .100 C1 from an original .127 that came with the kit. PPE spec on the C1 is .090 -.110 FYI... To answer your P.M. our build took about 12-14 hrs total with pulling and re-installing the transmission...

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Depends .005 off of who's spec's? ATSG, suncoast, or other? I just tried to stay in the middle of my spec's from PPE. The only clutches I had issues with were the C1 and C2's but the C2's were my fault:eek: And the C1's I think PPE sent me clutches for a 6sp and not a 5sp. I milled my top plate to get a .100 C1 from an original .127 that came with the kit. PPE spec on the C1 is .090 -.110 FYI... To answer your P.M. our build took about 12-14 hrs total with pulling and re-installing the transmission...

What did the box say it fit on the c-1 and c-2? (its on the sticker on the front)

I thought you bought the kit from and individual that needed money? Or Did you buy it directly from us or one of our dealers?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
What did the box say it fit on the c-1 and c-2? (its on the sticker on the front)

I thought you bought the kit from and individual that needed money? Or Did you buy it directly from us or one of our dealers?

It came directly from alligator performance to my door..

Suncoast specs were .070-075. I could fit .085 in there if I really wanted to but I didn't know if i was putting plenty in or not.[/QUOT

I would stay within the spec sheet suncoast sent you, IMO...

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
It came directly from alligator performance to my door.....

Suncoast specs were .070-075. I could fit .085 in there if I really wanted to but I didn't know if i was putting plenty in or not.[/QUOT

I would stay within the spec sheet suncoast sent you, IMO...

What did the box for the c-1 and c-2's say on them, what years? were they in a PPE box?