PPE Kit

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
Im not nor are most on here the kind to say that. It sucks either way now that your into an issue out of the box and its not like its cheap. Your best bet now is to take it back to that shop and see what they find. See if they will help you out first and If its their mis step, i hope they take care of you. If not, my garage is open if you need it. The hard part is gunna be understanding what was done for mike to help

My concern now is do i take it back for round two and hope all is good? or take it to cali before something gets fubar'd?

can the 1-2 shift solenoid be put in the tcc location? mixed up?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My concern now is do i take it back for round two and hope all is good? or take it to cali before something gets fubar'd?

can the 1-2 shift solenoid be put in the tcc location? mixed up?

Thats something you will need to decide. You should give mike a ring and go from there. Or if the shop is willing to call him and give a run down of what they did and hope its the truth

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I didnt build the thing. Built by an Allison shop here in AZ.

WE Just installed..

Did you talk to Chris? He will be more than willing to help you out. This is also why I let him remove/build/install my trans. If there was a problem it would have been adressed before I picked the truck up.

Also, I dont think its right for you to come on here and run him down. The whole "I should have drove to Cali" or "I wasted my money" line is BS. Talk to Chris before you bash him and his shop! I'll be sure to let him know your having problems as he lives right down the road from me.

Hope you get it fixed.

On the DroidX

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
Chris says the converter is bad.. :confused:

I didnt come on here and bash him, just stating it doesnt work correctly, and looking for opinions.. Actually, i didint even bring him up..

But, on a trailer we go.....

Another week of driving this stupid effn dodge.. :(

It is what it is, and " I'm going to Disneyland" , unexpectedly....

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
This is the Kit I recieved,,,,

ppekit.jpg

Thanks for the pics! can you please tell me what the c-1/c-2 box says on the label? Its the box on the left behind the converter, It just so happens the converter is blocking the info i needed. Thanks

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Thanks for the pics! can you please tell me what the c-1/c-2 box says on the label? Its the box on the left behind the converter, It just so happens the converter is blocking the info i needed. Thanks

Dan I was at the shop today and read all the labels. The C1 C2 box stated 6speed as were all the other assembly's stated 5sp / 6sp.... We took some measurements and came to the conclusion during the build that we had the wrong clutches and steels for the C1 but since we needed the truck up and going sooner then later we opted to mill the factory top plate down to get the proper clearance. That said I was satisfied with the kit and instructions. If you need any further info just ask or shoot me a P.M. Thanks.......

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
Josh I know that. My point was and is; I don't like to hear " I told you so " and do not use that on other people. I was wrong to think he did his own trans. I will try and help but it will be hard.

Should be easier to figure out now.......since were here....:D

Have shuttle service to Disney?:)

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
How about a PPE stg 5 kit with zero clearance in the c4 pack?? We will be in touch with Dan on Monday but just wanted to see what problems guys have been having with their PPE kits.

Thanks
Chad

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
How about a PPE stg 5 kit with zero clearance in the c4 pack?? We will be in touch with Dan on Monday but just wanted to see what problems guys have been having with their PPE kits.

Thanks
Chad

Be interesting to see if your C4 piston was all the way down. Mic the clutches and get back to me.