Piston Bowls

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
:rofl: hey leave the stock trans guys alone mine still going well . im just waiting on some more testing then on priceing im gonna be doing a build soon

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Grain of Salt:

I like these pistons, but what I've put them through so far is NOT hard core testing. Only after they get out there and get some time with bigger power will I say they are better or even comparable to the other offerings. That is, I have high hopes, but no proof and can not guarantee anything.

For what parts cost for these beasts, it is very expensive to try anything new. Especially unproven parts.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The Graph

attachment.php

Last edited:

BIGBLOCKBILL

Wanna be sled puller.
Sep 3, 2006
WV
Is your I/C still the stocker? I've seen 3 LLY I\C's that had an unwelded seam at the bottom of the tanks.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
It is the stock intercooler. I hope to have it out today and repair it. I'll take pictures. I will need to fab a test plug so I can check my work.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The cross brace on the top and bottom of the left tank are leaking. The bottom brace was never welded and is leaking all around where it goes into the tank. The top one is partially welded.

Feels like a blow gun coming out of the gap.

Since the bottom brace is leaking all around, it is going to be a challenge to weld. But I have some ideas. Primary problem is cleaning the area well enough to accept a weld.

It appears this has been there since the truck was new. It explains a lot.....

Last edited:

BIGBLOCKBILL

Wanna be sled puller.
Sep 3, 2006
WV
That's how all 3 I've seen are. Still running a leaker on my dually. Let me know if you have any luck welding it. I may have to borrow your services to fix one of mine.:D

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The area is exposed, now. I think I will have it welded closed later tonight. Dinner time. More pictures and an update when I finish. Wish me luck.:thumb:

BIGBLOCKBILL

Wanna be sled puller.
Sep 3, 2006
WV
Check it for sure, I haven't looked at my latest LLY yet, but I'm betting it's a leaker too. I need to check 2 of my buddies LLY's also.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
LLY dump in the drive way is a leaker, corries was a leaker, both ar 04.5s, my 05 never leaked? Ivw had one welded and is still running in a stock truck not sure how itd hold in a hot truck as you have to cut the cross brace out to get the whole leak!!

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
LLY dump in the drive way is a leaker, corries was a leaker, both ar 04.5s, my 05 never leaked? Ivw had one welded and is still running in a stock truck not sure how itd hold in a hot truck as you have to cut the cross brace out to get the whole leak!!

Yeah, my LLY was a leaker as well. It was hissing air when you tested it. New one has been good so far, thanks buddy. :thumb:

Jon, I hope the pistons work out long term. Good luck.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Touching up a pinhole and I accidentally drew arc on the #$%^& tube. Burned a hole. Otherwise the leak was fixed! Totally pissed off. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Thanks for the support guys.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Dam i just put mine back in.I asume this is leaking rite where the cross brace goes into the upright as it looks like it is clean from the air blowing past it.Looks as tho it was never welded from the factory.Thanks for showing us this,i wouldnt have known. :thumb: