Piston Bowls

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Is this just an LLY issue? My LBZ has never acted right. With the stock charger we had a time getting the boost consistant and now with the new charger its lower on boost than other LBZ's with the same charger and tuning.

Check out Finger's Leaking Intercoolers thread. No one there yet has reported issues with an LBZ, but I am going to check mine...

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Seems my pressure monitor setup needs some updating. Hope to have it on the truck later in the week.

FWIW, two people have committed to trying this new bowl design in their builds. One will have valve reliefs and low comp and the other will not have valve reliefs.

I've been driving the max effort tune around for a while now. When the turbo lights, she is scary. So far, so good.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Yes Dale Jon has had it tester out for a few years now

Your the official Fingers spokesposter now??

Well aware of the tester. Wasn't sure if this was what he was talking about. Could have been drive pressure too you know.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Your the official Fingers spokesposter now??

Well aware of the tester. Wasn't sure if this was what he was talking about. Could have been drive pressure too you know.

What would this thread have to do with monitoring drive pressure?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not sure. Just asking maybe for those that don't know about all of the awesome stuff Fingers has done in the past with these engines.........

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I've always tried to call it a Chamber Pressure Monitor. (CPM) But I slip up sometimes.

FWIW, I hooked up a Dual Needle boost/drive pressure gauge last week for the Dyno session. Very cool.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
It is a hewitt and is available through Kennedy Diesel. It is not on the online store pages last I looked. You will have to call.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Just received a box of blanks to carve for someone else. These will be without valve reliefs. 17:1 compression ratio.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Oval only 17:1 piston.

attachment.php

Last edited:

B1 596

Dmax rods cost how much..
Apr 30, 2010
Hudson N.H.
So can the blanks be ordered without the rod pins drilled so the pins can be moved up for stroker use....:thumb:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Or get uncut stroker pistons and cut in the bowls.

I don't think there is enough real estate to move the pin hole north enough on a cast piston. I haven't really looked though. I currently don't have access to the equipment to finish the hole as well as they are from the factory.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
These will be installed in a fully built motor in (hopefully) the next 2 weeks that should be reliably in the 900-1000rwhp range... See how long they last!

Sent from my ****ing blackberry

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
These will be installed in a fully built motor in (hopefully) the next 2 weeks that should be reliably in the 900-1000rwhp range... See how long they last!

Sent from my ****ing blackberry

Awesome!!:thumb:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
For all intents, my truck runs just like any other stock motor running stock compression with a bigger turbo and 100 over injectors. I am hopeful that others will chime in eventually with their experiences. I am, after all, biased. ;)