L5P L5P Tuning

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
IMHO they will make sales, guys that have the $$$$ and are willing to spend the $$$$$ will pay whatever, they have been chomping at the bit for 2 years to delete the trucks they have, lots of guys dumped them for Dodge or Ford due to no deletes.

My guess is that is may be OK with emissions on, maybe be able to kill some DTC's with no issues, but deletes may still be hamstrung by the TCM and the other modules same as the 17-18 Colorado was a mess for deletes, hence the reason why they are not really offered.

I could be 100% wrong, then you have to wonder how the legal side is going to play out for the companies, as in what happens if another software company releases tuning really soon, I can see the lawsuits flying for that as well.

Its going to make people money for sure,, but I learned you sell more tunes when you price them for the market than when you gouge and gouge.It is like going to a movie, if popcorn was $3 a bucket they would sell 500 buckets, but they want $10 so they sell 100 buckets, you make more $$$$ in higher volume than gouging, IMHO.

Got a few snaps, he has a deleted 18 running with 0 codes

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That's damn funny, a group of hackers crying that someone stole their hacked work...

Maybe they should have applied for a patent on that hardware. :roflmao:

Right!!! Serves them right. Pay back sucks doesn't it.

There license structure sucks yet people still buy into it.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
IMO, I would not mention who is doing deletes out in the open, especially on this new stuff. We all know that big brother is watching.

Just my opinion, not trying to step on any ones toes. :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That's damn funny, a group of hackers crying that someone stole their hacked work...

Maybe they should have applied for a patent on that hardware. :roflmao:
Right!!! Serves them right. Pay back sucks doesn't it.

There license structure sucks yet people still buy into it.

You guys do realize that's the exact reason most people no longer share info in the open on this forum (or any other for that matter) any more, dont you? Essentially the same thing happened with EFILive over at DP years ago.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
It will all be stolen, copied, R&D'd in no time.

Lawsuits will be flying, then a race to the bottom for prices as that will happen quickly IMHO.

The prices will keep a lot of people on the fence, you can tune an LML ECM and TCM with EZ or EFI for a fraction of the cost and all go fast parts are widely available for LML now.

There is a market, but for the average guy spending $5k or more is going to be an a roadblock, Unlock, Credits, GM Dealer VATS Relink, Tune, buying more software/hardware, who knows if HP is going to credit gouge as well.

Then an exhaust, intake will push some mods to $6k or more.

I have no doubt in the market being there, it will be much bigger if prices were lower, but I understand the cost to get it to market an the instant attempts by other companies to hack/reverse the process to get in on it as well.

:roflmao:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Sorry guys I come from the old hackers Era where all that mattered was being FIRST.. Then ya leak it to the masses and let the script kiddies take all the heat for what happens with that info. Cause soon as words out, ya really never want to be the ONLY guy holding the keys. Those ones usually disappeared.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
kid, you're about the only person left who shares anything new on the tuning/electronics side. It is always appreciated.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I'm Old OLD School.. :thumb:

Freekevin.jpg

Mitnick.jpg

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
You guys do realize that's the exact reason most people no longer share info in the open on this forum (or any other for that matter) any more, dont you? Essentially the same thing happened with EFILive over at DP years ago.

I am are aware. I just see the irony of it happening to HP Tuners.

Plenty of copy and paste tuners out there and People that demand Free tunes with just buying a cable. Just look at the Hp tuners board...

I am also aware HP tuners can read an EFI Live tune Because of the theft of intellectual property. It's the only way Hp tuners could break into the diesel market.

To this day Hp tuners flash process is not 100% stable.

I also found out yesterday HP tuners allow's user defined parameters now at an additional cost of $169.99 :roflmao: I thought when they first allowed it, It was free???

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
:roflmao:

Well there in Canada so Imagine the EPA will eventually try to block them from selling here in the states.

RidinHigh99

Feb 19, 2014
Anyone else hear gm put a lock down on l5p ecm’s unless you have a bad ecm and it is confirmed by a gm dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
That truck smokes more than my mine. Great way to release a product, Get GM, the EPA, and all the nut jobs all worked up and on our case more than they already are.:(:confused:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep that’s what I was thinking. Nick must be going after the coal rollers. I’m a little disappointed in him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk