L5P L5P Tuning

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Hopefully this is not the same as the 17-18 Colorado's..........;)

Most tuners discovered and then discontinued support for Colorado after 2016 as certain issues were not able to be overcome.

Hoping it is not the case, and it may not be any issue at all with a non-deleted truck, as pink Slippers most likely tuned it with all systems on and functioning...........:baby:

We shall see if the L5P is the same problem as the 17-18 Colorado was when stuff starts falling off the vehicle.

:(

I'm guessing there will be a lot more effort and money invested in the L5P than Colorado just because of the much higher demand.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm unfamiliar with the issues the Colorado had. Tony you might go in a little more in depth? I'm guessing something to do with all the modules talking to each other or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I'm curious about the Colorado tuning issues as well. Was planning on buying a used one at the beginning of the year and doing the deletes and tune for a eco kid/dog hauler.

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
Idk if this is the release they are talking about but on the hp tuners website they have option for the L5P. It’s an ecm exchange program for $2500. U send in your ecm and they send u a different one that is unlocked and can only be tuned with the hp tuning software.

Or is the release for today something different?

:cool:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Holy hell they are charging $2,500 for a modified ECM. Plus the cost of tuning and plus the HP tuners setup. Looking at $4,000-$4,500.

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
Did some more digging. Yup that’s it. They are exchanging your ecm for a modified one then you buy their tuning software or call one of the tuners to get it tuned. $2500 for the the computer. 300 for the tuning software to diy. Or who knows what the tuners are going to charge I haven’t seen any prices for that yet. I’m curious to see how many guys will fork over the money for this.

:popcorn:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If everything is included to tune these things with aftermarket stuff like turbos, injectors, etc. I’d fork 3500 over in a heart beat. Shit after two different tuners before Steve and buying efi live, I’m 1500 less than that 3500 for a damn lb7 at the time

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
$80k truck what's $4K for tuning. Guys are buying wheels and tires that cost that. If they can do deletes they will sell a ton here in TX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
So does this mean you could have one ecm for tuning and slap on the original sitting on the shelf for that warranty work? :D

Nope it says at this time u have to send in ur ecm and they send u an unlocked one. They don’t have any for sale in stock to buy at the moment. It has to be an exchange

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
Nope it says at this time u have to send in ur ecm and they send u an unlocked one they are doing the Tcm computer too this way. Not sure if that’s included in the price or not. They don’t have any for sale in stock to buy at the moment. It has to be an exchange

“Simply send us your ECM (or a new spare one) and we will exchange it for a HP Tuners modified ECM giving you full access to calibrate, log and scan with your MPVI2 and VCM Suite 4!”

From HP Tuners website