L5P L5P Tuning

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You would have to have it flashed too, so they have your stock file. Your $4K tuning just went to $6k...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
U just have a spare one laying around. It’s not cheap from a dealer I’m sure.

I already have a spare E35A and TCM for the lbz I’d imagine the price would be roughly similar for the L5P. Have a few buddies that work at the local dealership that would be able to flash it.

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
I already have a spare E35A and TCM for the lbz I’d imagine the price would be roughly similar for the L5P. Have a few buddies that work at the local dealership that would be able to flash it.

Good to know people in the right places. Lol

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
They have been having issues with some of the MVPI 2 interface's. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As far as emissions deletes, HP tuners won't offer that directly to appease the EPA. Someone else will have to figure that out with a CAX file and then you will likely have to purchase a custom tune from someone.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
wonder how long it will be until EzLynk either pays to play or reverse engineers what they did?
I would think they are going to do it legit because I noticed Nick is now using their tuning soft/hardware

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Well I was going to pick up an exhaust kit while they were still available.

For 3k mine will be stayin stock.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
4K with exhaust and lift pump at best, for a truck that will choke out at 500 rwhp... Lol... That's an expensive 50 hp. That's gasser territory price per horse power wise. No thanks, I'm waiting on the instant torque of what's coming down the line...;)

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Do not forget the fact that the exchanged ecm is a must, otherwise tow your $80k truck to a dealer to have GM relearn the VATS and then its logged in GM's system you have a different ecm and a VATS relink...........hmmmmm, wonder how that effects the whole picture, add in another $200 or so unless you have a buddy with GM tools, even then it may be a VCI only reprogram, meaning somebody at GM will have to allow you to relearn an ecm.

:spit:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Do not forget the fact that the exchanged ecm is a must, otherwise tow your $80k truck to a dealer to have GM relearn the VATS and then its logged in GM's system you have a different ecm and a VATS relink...........hmmmmm, wonder how that effects the whole picture, add in another $200 or so unless you have a buddy with GM tools, even then it may be a VCI only reprogram, meaning somebody at GM will have to allow you to relearn an ecm.

:spit:

Im curious to see if this whole thing is going to take off the way they think it will? Is HP Tuners trying to recoup some of the lost sales because EFI Live was a superior product?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Im curious to see if this whole thing is going to take off the way they think it will? Is HP Tuners trying to recoup some of the lost sales because EFI Live was a superior product?

They are just trying to fleece the customers as usual. You might enjoy this document...

Attachments

• gov.uscourts.wawd.250468.68.0.pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 78

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
IMHO they will make sales, guys that have the $$$$ and are willing to spend the $$$$$ will pay whatever, they have been chomping at the bit for 2 years to delete the trucks they have, lots of guys dumped them for Dodge or Ford due to no deletes.

My guess is that is may be OK with emissions on, maybe be able to kill some DTC's with no issues, but deletes may still be hamstrung by the TCM and the other modules same as the 17-18 Colorado was a mess for deletes, hence the reason why they are not really offered.

I could be 100% wrong, then you have to wonder how the legal side is going to play out for the companies, as in what happens if another software company releases tuning really soon, I can see the lawsuits flying for that as well.

Its going to make people money for sure,, but I learned you sell more tunes when you price them for the market than when you gouge and gouge.It is like going to a movie, if popcorn was $3 a bucket they would sell 500 buckets, but they want $10 so they sell 100 buckets, you make more $$$$ in higher volume than gouging, IMHO.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I would agree with that %100
I am sure it's a matter of time before the lawsuits start. GM patented it for a reason.

I am curious what modification need to be done to the ECU in order for it to have read and write capabilities.

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
I would agree with that %100
I am sure it's a matter of time before the lawsuits start. GM patented it for a reason.

I am curious what modification need to be done to the ECU in order for it to have read and write capabilities.

Since the dealer can not reflash it, and no other tuning tool can be used with the swapped ecm. It makes me wonder if it is somehow a completely different logic-board if opened up. Essentially a standalone unit, that uses the same factory harness plugs/logicboard enclosure etc. Maybe somehow they were able to get it to communicate with the other computers etc. without any issues. Maybe this is why it is so expensive? Im really curious what they did. I saw earlier it was mentioned that they would sell more if it was marketed for volume instead of being priced so high. Maybe if its more of a custom change internally than realized, they have no choice but to charge this much, otherwise they would lose money? Im just taking a wild guess!

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well, they charge 200 to unlock the TCM on the Gas trucks. Yet another company does it for $25.
They know people will pay and they will continue to gouge people accordingly.

The fact that they have ripped off other companies hard work in the past just proves that point. They will lie cheat and steal to make a dollar.

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
My question is, anyone had a good look at supported HTP options?
I seriously doubt they have the nad's to support everything like our friends in NZ. Getting the ECM unlocked isn't the issue now.. Supporting what customers really want will make or break that investment.