Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Im going to slap you. Last oil change has like 500 miles on it :rofl:

:roflmao: try it, that notch will never go in your truck :D.

I had to log back into this site after I swore I never would again because you are a total jackass. He never said his tuning is the "best" he didn't advertise anything, and I know him a little better than you through the DF, not on a personal level however. The people that have his tuning are happy. I am not using his tunes so you can't say I'm a fan boy or whatever, but he does his own tuning on his own truck and decided to start with others from what I have seen. Is that wrong? He doesn't have the time and money to tune a truck like that. If he can tune a stock turbo truck well and sells it for less than Rob then he in my opinion is a much better choice of tuner for most. Most people don't have the things you have listed.;)
um i guess thanks for your :2cents: and we will see you next time there is a post you dont like? :confused: :bunny:

mmmmmm tuna max

L31Sleeper

Jul 2, 2010
To: all the naysayers

I am in his same shoes, I have a SMALL business and operate mostly locally. I don't ever see myself being a real
threat to any established tuner out there, people have requested that I E-mail them tunes and I don't see a
problem with that. As far as "stealing" I don't believe in it however if you commission two good tuners chances
are their tunes will cross paths at some point. There are far more tuners out there than methods for tuning.

My name is also Justin.....HA HA
-Justin

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
Okay just need to clarify a few things real quick

JKF thanks for the input.. He was one of my Beta testers for the LBZ. And he helped me dail it in for LBZ.

And I am not running a stock motor. I have a 4094 vvt on my truck.

Thanks

-Justin

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
You do realize what stock motor means dont you? I've ran 4 different turbos and am still on a stock motor ;)

The motor is the thing that goes vroom vroom

The turbo or whistle tip is the thing that goes wooo wooo :rofl:

You have a 4094 on a stock motor

4x4Danny4x4

Apr 27, 2011
South Florida
To clarify, I don't think there was a lot of value for the OP to post a thread on a forum of people that haven't tried Justin's tuning asking for feedback. Justin is a fairly new tuner to the industry and contacting guys running his tuning on DF would have been more effective IMO.

Obviously the OP couldn't have anticipated the onslaught of bashing and messages to follow.

Ya I'm new to this forum and diesel, I didn't know who has been around or not. I google his name, company and used the search on both forums but nothing came up but ur suggestion in a thread that's y I pm you. I even ask Dallas when he first told me about Justin if he could give me some background on him. He gave me his Facebook and I have been reading his wall there too. I had no idea how new his company was b4 I started the threads I just assumed he was like Rob with the reputation. Anyways we can close this thread, I'm happy with what I've herd of his work and will be having him tune my truck.

Feb 14, 2009
I'm happy with what I've herd of his work and will be having him tune my truck.

Glad to see there are people out there that can see through the whining bashing and senseless (MY turbo and pistons are bigger than yours) nonesense.

:thumb:

Sorry, I just had to give myself one more excuse to give Bryan one more reason to post....;)

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Ya I'm new to this forum and diesel, I didn't know who has been around or not. I google his name, company and used the search on both forums but nothing came up but ur suggestion in a thread that's y I pm you. I even ask Dallas when he first told me about Justin if he could give me some background on him. He gave me his Facebook and I have been reading his wall there too. I had no idea how new his company was b4 I started the threads I just assumed he was like Rob with the reputation. Anyways we can close this thread, I'm happy with what I've herd of his work and will be having him tune my truck.

I'm glad you could sift through the rest of it, I'm going to guess not many people know who Dallas is over here either because he isn't a vendor on DD. The only guys who know me here know me from DF.

L31Sleeper

Jul 2, 2010
It is INSANE to me how fast the accusations FLY !! What is wrong with "LOOKING" at
Nick's,Rob's,Mike's,Micheal's,Thor's,Ravi's tunes to understand what is going on.
I have never copied a tune, but I've seen quite a few and I've seen about 3 different
strategies.

The thing that seems really misleading to me is that Nick has a "Private Label"
tune collection and states that it's not for resale ?? I've been in the automotive
business for a long time and Private Label usually means produced by someone
and sold by someone else. Such as a Costco tire made by Michelin ??

my 2c
-Justin

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
In a sense, arent we all copy cats? I doubt the guy who first moded a diesel is among us here. Yet there's many who profit from his ideas.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Tony actually tunes trucks on a dyno. It's not common today. Cut-n-Paste is far more common.

Tuning: Verb. To adjust something until it reaches a goal.

When the LBZ came out, before EFILive supported them, I stacked stuff, and dinked with stuff, and IIRC, clicked off a 12 at altitude on a "tune up". When EFILive was released, I think it took 3 days to bust that number at the same track.

Common Interwebbythingy Knowledge was that I was just copying other's folks stuff. Those who know me knew better. I just a have a rep for squeaking out the last HP from new vehicles.

Yes, I'm a legend in my own mind, but I have the dyno bills and thrills and dragstrip kills to back it up...

And yup, Long Day Beer Thirty is in full swing. :D

After cooking supper, I have to go into work and fix whatever they busted today. They overloaded the main breaker somehow when I busy at the new shop, and I have to find out how.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I had to log back into this site after I swore I never would again because you are a total jackass. He never said his tuning is the "best" he didn't advertise anything, and I know him a little better than you through the DF, not on a personal level however. The people that have his tuning are happy. I am not using his tunes so you can't say I'm a fan boy or whatever, but he does his own tuning on his own truck and decided to start with others from what I have seen. Is that wrong? He doesn't have the time and money to tune a truck like that. If he can tune a stock turbo truck well and sells it for less than Rob then he in my opinion is a much better choice of tuner for most. Most people don't have the things you have listed.;)

Well I'm glad you came back to call me a jackass lol!! Now I really feel special :rofl:

There is a reason I asked that specific of a question and you didnt get why either lol. Hopefully you looked around this site at other things as there is a ton of info here other than to call me a jackass. If not then who is really the jackass lol:thumb:

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Well I'm glad you came back to call me a jackass lol!! Now I really feel special :rofl:

There is a reason I asked that specific of a question and you didnt get why either lol. Hopefully you looked around this site at other things as there is a ton of info here other than to call me a jackass. If not then who is really the jackass lol:thumb:

Well I'd say I'm really the jackass, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this conversation, haha..

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Sorry you feel that way Mack. I think I just figured out you take everything you hear seriously. Go get laid. :woott:
TUNA WARS!
That might have more hits than Storage Wars :rofl:

And I am not running a stock motor. I have a 4094 vvt on my truck.

yea, your running a aftermarket turbo on a stock motor. duh..
Sorry, I just had to give myself one more excuse to give Bryan one more reason to post....;)
Whos Bryan? Sound slike a little girls name, but don't worry, my oil can is still bigger than yours...

:D:D

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
wow, i heard before I joined that this site had a lot of good tech info but the members could get a little feisty

but this is ridiculous. internet fight... only reason is the guys were bored. WTF??

justin is a very helpful guy, he has answered a lot of my questions and has offered me to call him anytime of the day if I need help. he offered all this up and i have bought NOTHING from him.

IMO from what I know and read he is a stand up guy and I would trust his work. There is no respect anymore in anything.

the direction this thread went was truly full retard.

i don't care if you guys don't like me (guy with low post count yaddy yadda yadda)

go ahead ban me, see if i miss smartass answers and negligible amounts of help

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Seems like all the people from DF are afraid to post over here? Why?

ohhh nooozzz someone is talking shitttzzz about youuzz go over der and back me up like-a Tonka truck

Seriousy. big deal
:rofl:

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Seems like all the people from DF are afraid to post over here? Why?

ohhh nooozzz someone is talking shitttzzz about youuzz go over der and back me up like-a Tonka truck

Seriousy. big deal
:rofl:

:hello::nana::bananallama::dancenana::banana::nanawrench::catfight2::Canada_Flag::beer2::eek:fftopic::hijacked2::threadjacked::stay: