LB7: IHI Port/Polish

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Damn im thinkin you can change a turbo in your sleep at this point

Pretty much. I can swap wheels in just under 2 hours. That includes driving the pickup in the garage, getting my tools laid out, doing the swap, pressure testing, and putting the tools away. Whats really funny is I can remove a downpipe in 5 minutes, haha.:roflmao:

It helps a TON having little girl hands to reach up and under that turbo compressor cover, haha.:D

When are you going to bring down that LBZ? I've got an LBZ turbo I think you'd like thats been modified!!! :woott:

Yellowchevy

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Pretty much. I can swap wheels in just under 2 hours. That includes driving the pickup in the garage, getting my tools laid out, doing the swap, pressure testing, and putting the tools away. Whats really funny is I can remove a downpipe in 5 minutes, haha.:roflmao:

It helps a TON having little girl hands to reach up and under that turbo compressor cover, haha.:D

When are you going to bring down that LBZ? I've got an LBZ turbo I think you'd like thats been modified!!! :woott:

Yellowchevy

Man i would love too. But im affriad unless its free beta testing im out till summer atleast. But i have seen an lly with your work and i swore it was a chettah in there man. The sound was amazing

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
That's almost worth a drive to KS right there.

Haha, my doors always open for anybody needing help.:hug:
I had a guy call me this weekend that bought an autocal and ask me how to install it. I didn't know who the guy was and I didn't sell him the autocal but was glad I could help him out, haha.:thumb:

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Man i would love too. But im affriad unless its free beta testing im out till summer atleast. But i have seen an lly with your work and i swore it was a chettah in there man. The sound was amazing

If you're serious and use your pickup for some towing we could try work something out. I'd like to get a few out there to see how they perform.

Yellowchevy

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

Yellowchevy

picture.php

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Hey Russell are you porting down inside the compressor cover at all? And did you sand the ouside of the cover smooth? how did you get the rough ass casting so smooth?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Hey Russell are you porting down inside the compressor cover at all? And did you sand the ouside of the cover smooth? how did you get the rough ass casting so smooth?

I go down as far as I can reach. The Garrett covers are really easy being they're not nearly as rough as the IHI's. On an IHI or S300/400 I first grind them with flap wheel. I then use liquid compound for my polishing compound.

Yellowchevy

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Too pretty. Wouldn't even want to install it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Haha yea wow russ. we pulled his cover and I used a sanding drum attached to a cordless drill. It took it down smoother but left some deep gouges on the surface. I've finally made it to 320 wet sanding. Think I'm going to stop there since it's getting paint anyways.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Haha yea wow russ. we pulled his cover and I used a sanding drum attached to a cordless drill. It took it down smoother but left some deep gouges on the surface. I've finally made it to 320 wet sanding. Think I'm going to stop there since it's getting paint anyways.

Ship it to me if you want it polished. :thumb:

Yellowchevy