LB7: IHI Port/Polish

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Just a quick question out of the batmo wheel or the weztel billet wheel which one has the most whistle on a non ported/polished turbo? Then on a ported/polished turbo just trying to figure out which way to go for the most whistle

I've never worked with a weztel wheel but more than likely they're similar. I prefer the batmowheel over the weztel.

I will be doing some testing and video comparing the stock wheel with a port/polish and with a batmowheel. Also doing different cuts in the exhaust housing to see if that changes anything.

But for right now I can't give you good information you're seeking.

Yellowchevy

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
3d7d9b71dead8419689ca15866a388a6.jpg

My port and polish will start soon I love Christmas

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
3d7d9b71dead8419689ca15866a388a6.jpg

My port and polish will start soon I love Christmas

I wouldn't plan on using that dremel for porting, just polishing. If may work but you'll go through a lot of those bits, haha.

I'm getting close to the end of my turbo testing. All the stock housing work is done, going through the ported/polished housing now. Hope to have it all done the middle of January.

Yellowchevy

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
I'm getting close to the end of my turbo testing. All the stock housing work is done, going through the ported/polished housing now. Hope to have it all done the middle of January.

Yellowchevy

I'll be looking forward to the results. Thanks for putting the effort out there.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I wouldn't plan on using that dremel for porting, just polishing. If may work but you'll go through a lot of those bits, haha.

Yellowchevy
I have a few air tools as well. Along with quite a few tungsten carbide bits. Hopefully that will get the porting done.
We all thank you for the hard work you have put into this. Keep up the good work.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I've got 2 more wheels to dyno along with some other testing/comparing to do. I'm hoping to have all the data wrapped up and compiled the middle to end of January.

So far, the batmowheel starts whistling the soonest and wetzel wheel whistles when the high idle is on. For just cruising down the road, my stock cast wheel is the loudest.

No worries guys, I wanted to see the characteristics of all the wheels and how it compares to after market turbo's. It's very time consuming to do it, to say the lest.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Are you gonna test the wicked wheel by chance also when you say stock cast wheel are you meaning the stock turbo wheel

That is one of the wheel's I'm testing. I'm testing 5 wheels total.
Yes, when I say stock cast wheel I'm referring to the OEM cast wheel in the IHI.

I put most everything on Facebook. Swapping wheels, porting/polishing turbos, fabricating, etc. I generally post to Facebook everyday I'm doing something in the garage that has pictures.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I was on the dyno yesterday morning. I've got another wheel coming end of this week or beginning of next to test. Then I'll be able to finish my write up/compile everything.

Yellowchevy