How cold are you?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Really makes you stop and reflect on the dumb decisions we make Huh Reece:hug:

Guy's said it -61* in North Pole....

I lived in a cabin next to Brown's hill on Badger Loop, out by North Pole, temp would vary 10 degrees in 10 feet of elevation change. Smoke would come out of the chimney and go horizontal the temp inversion was so bad. Spent one night running in and out of the cabin with my camera trying to get pictures of the northern lights before the camera froze up. Had to put it in a plastic bag when you went back in to keep if from fogging up. Changing a tire at -40 sucked. Coldest temp I ever saw was -62 at the bottom of the bank in front of the cabin. The higher up you can get around Bareflanks the better, also get on a south facing slope. BTW it was a balmy -4 here this morning.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
After -50 -22 feels pretty friggin warm:spit:

You are right about that, the idiots in Bareflanks run around in a tee shirt when it warms up to -10 after one of those cold snaps. Interesting place to live, Playboy had a pole of the college campus with the prettiest and ugliest women. U of Alaska was voted the University with the ugliest women. I can attest to that as being true. You could tell when one of those sour dough queens was getting ready for a date, she cleaned her bunny boots and braided her arm pits.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
82 and sunny down here in Cayman Brac,here for 2weeks.gonna suck going home.winter sucks.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
At least y'all are consistent with warm summer's and cold winters. Florida can't make up its mind. We had temps cold enough for frost last week then within a couple days it was in the 80s again. My laundry for the week ranged from my carhart jacket, jeans and long sleeves to board shorts. :rofl:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I lived in a cabin next to Brown's hill on Badger Loop, out by North Pole, temp would vary 10 degrees in 10 feet of elevation change. Smoke would come out of the chimney and go horizontal the temp inversion was so bad. Spent one night running in and out of the cabin with my camera trying to get pictures of the northern lights before the camera froze up. Had to put it in a plastic bag when you went back in to keep if from fogging up. Changing a tire at -40 sucked. Coldest temp I ever saw was -62 at the bottom of the bank in front of the cabin. The higher up you can get around Bareflanks the better, also get on a south facing slope. BTW it was a balmy -4 here this morning.

-50F is the coldest I have seen, Damn global warming:D... North Pole is always 10 degrees colder than us. I live off the Chena a little, down by the Pump House. Looking back I wish we would have bought a house up on chena ridge or off of famers loop. Oh well, hopefully only a year or two more up here.

I wadded up my motocross bike at the polar roller track, just down the road from your cabin.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
-50F is the coldest I have seen, Damn global warming:D... North Pole is always 10 degrees colder than us. I live off the Chena a little, down by the Pump House. Looking back I wish we would have bought a house up on chena ridge or off of famers loop. Oh well, hopefully only a year or two more up here.

I wadded up my motocross bike at the polar roller track, just down the road from your cabin.

Where you moving to? It's been in the 40-50's here for a while now. I pay a lot more attention to the weather now that I don't have a heated shop to work in!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Where you moving to? It's been in the 40-50's here for a while now. I pay a lot more attention to the weather now that I don't have a heated shop to work in!

I want to move back to Boise Travis. Maybe go back to Western States or ??? Wife and I have been toying with doing something with a Gym as well? Who knows?

You man up and go Field Service? ;)

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I want to move back to Boise Travis. Maybe go back to Western States or ??? Wife and I have been toying with doing something with a Gym as well? Who knows?

You man up and go Field Service? ;)

He'll yeah, I had an opportunity to move to the cat forestry division of our company and I jumped all over it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 24