H&S Done?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
the epa should bust this state worker for sitting in his van for over 30 minutes with it running while he sat there on his tablet.

turn the thing off &

GET OUTTA THE VAN FATSO!

:D

IMAG0777.jpg

Oh no you didn't! You had to post that didn't you! A friend of mine ,I can't de friend him because of his career, works for the state i wont say which division and drives a Explorer well from the min he stars it in the am to go to his assignment he NEVER SHUTS THE F'N THING OFF! Boy it burns my ass even when gas was near $5 bucks a gallon. He told me they all do it!

I was invited to a fireworks display that his crew was watching over in New London and there was if I recall 10 units there any everyone of them were running for the entire show! Unreal the waste people have no clue!

If the state hired a real outsider to visit each department to watch and eliminate waste I'll bet I could shave millions of a budget! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I work for the state here. Basically you get what you pay for. Unless you been there 30 years or upper managment you dont make shit. You cannot be a single person here and live on your own. But you do have a point. We use fuel like its free. During winter the trucks never shut off. I honestly think there wont be a job here in another 5-10 years. They already sub out a lot.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I work for the state here. Basically you get what you pay for. Unless you been there 30 years or upper managment you dont make shit. You cannot be a single person here and live on your own. But you do have a point. We use fuel like its free. During winter the trucks never shut off. I honestly think there wont be a job here in another 5-10 years. They already sub out a lot.

Well it's different ,pay scale,here in Ct. They make excellent money and benefits which includes a pension. Thirty years? Most here have a twenty five year commitment before they can collect a pension,although that is changing.

If you ask me privatization is the answer to local and state budgets. Get rid of the cash eating cows ,payroll, let the private business sector do many jobs cheaper and more efficient and get rid of state and local employees.

Problems solved.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Ooooooooohhhhh Canada,
Our home and native land,
True diesel love,
US EPA be damned!
With glowing turbos,
We see the rise,
The true north strong and DPF free,
From far and wide,
Oh Canada,
We still make smoke for free!
God keep our land,
DPF and EGR free,
Oh Canada,
It's diesel power for me!
Oooooohhhh Canada,
Where diesels roam free!

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
He's a poet,
didn't know it
Dreamt up that crap
while taking a nap,
Decided it'd be fun to poke
At our inability to smoke
And now we can only cry
While complaining "why"
Did we get stuck,
With the epa.......FU*K!!!!

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Ooooooooohhhhh Canada,
Our home and native land,
True diesel love,
US EPA be damned!
With glowing turbos,
We see the rise,
The true north strong and DPF free,
From far and wide,
Oh Canada,
We still make smoke for free!
God keep our land,
DPF and EGR free,
Oh Canada,
It's diesel power for me!
Oooooohhhh Canada,
Where diesels roam free!
:spit: Hahaha this is great:roflmao:

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
He's a poet,
didn't know it
Dreamt up that crap
while taking a nap,
Decided it'd be fun to poke
At our inability to smoke
And now we can only cry
While complaining "why"
Did we get stuck,
With the epa.......FU*K!!!!

That's hilarious... And I would laugh, except I'm too busy removing DPFs

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but don't un-approved parts made for vehicles just have to have "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY" stamped on them or in their use literature somewhere to get around stuff like ecm mods or emission delete parts that the EPA doesn't approve?
This H&S deal doesn't seem to be a legal with GM/Dodge/Ford issue but strictly a selling parts that make a vehicle non-compliant as per EPA regs no?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Just give it time, Canada will follow with new and more strict emission laws soon :thumb:

I doubt it.
Emissions laws are province to province.
Only thing that may change may be stricter reg's on importing vehicles which already don't allow lifts, modifyed exhaust/emissions equipment and non-transport canada reg approved lights, seat belts and other standard safety equipment. Some provinces also require a visual for their out of province inspection but no actual emissions test.

The lower mainland and Ontario are the only places I am aware of that right now do emissions testing and even then I'm not sure diesels are included yet.

It will be A LONG TIME before they start making it mandatory in Alberta, Sask, or MB or any of the maritime provinces. The money for the programs isn't there in most of those places.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Moved thread here. Seems like a more appropriate place........

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I doubt it.
Emissions laws are province to province.
Only thing that may change may be stricter reg's on importing vehicles which already don't allow lifts, modifyed exhaust/emissions equipment and non-transport canada reg approved lights, seat belts and other standard safety equipment. Some provinces also require a visual for their out of province inspection but no actual emissions test.

The lower mainland and Ontario are the only places I am aware of that right now do emissions testing and even then I'm not sure diesels are included yet.

It will be A LONG TIME before they start making it mandatory in Alberta, Sask, or MB or any of the maritime provinces. The money for the programs isn't there in most of those places.

It is a cash grab in Ontario it sucks and is stupid. If I lived 3 hours north I would not need it but I don't so I gave to have one. All 07 and newer diesels have to pass a sniffer. The older ones just get checked for smoke at idle.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
As far as the Off Road Only and NOT for Sale in California is what I thought allowed them to produce market and sell myself. Nobody has come out and said WHY this is happening other the assumption of what they have plastered on the internet by way of videos and postings. It has been said that it's not just H&S although.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Technically, racing parts and fuels are currently exempt from EPA or CARB. I can still buy "illegal" high octane leaded or unleaded fuel with outlawed ingredients (MTBE).

However, devices that were designed to defeat emissions have been illegal since the 1980's.

Trivia:

MTBE is an interesting case. It breaks down naturally into safe chemicals, and is not a human carcinogen. However, it makes water taste bad. Due to gasoline storage tanks that leak, it could get into the water, and make it useless for drinking (but still useful for irrigation).

This is why we get ethanol in our gasoline now. MTBE was a much better octane booster, but it made water taste bad.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
How come all of a sudden is what I wonder? Lets be honest this has been happening for some time defeating emissions on diesels.