H&S Done?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'll tell you it has to drive the EPA nuts with all the time tax dollars and effort they put in as a agency then watch you tube videos.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
I'm still laughing at how much everyone is freaking out about this......

Does this actually affect anyone here>?

How does it not affect everyone on this whole forum?? This is the sport/hobby we all like, that is why we are on here.

A lot of you guys with the older Dmax's get pretty cocky with all the " I am never gonna sell my LB7" talk.... But in reality in 5-10 years when GM comes out with a cool new chassis, engine, body, interior truck and your still driving your 20 year old truck with 500 thousand miles and you want something new your gonna wish this didn't happen.

This looks like it could be the start of the end of our hobby so I don't see how it doesn't affect everyone.

I feel for the guys out there that started a business selling parts or tuning. In 5-10 years what are they gonna be selling? Chrome tips? By then I am betting you won't even be able to sell non DPF delete tuners unless they have passed smog tests.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I like my lb7 federals.:D
Ditto
A lot of you guys with the older Dmax's get pretty cocky with all the " I am never gonna sell my LB7" talk.... But in reality in 5-10 years when GM comes out with a cool new chassis, engine, body, interior truck and your still driving your 20 year old truck with 500 thousand miles and you want something new your gonna wish this didn't happen.
Nope

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Take are go-fast goodies away, next it will be guns then all we will have left is lots of time to find a way to choke those basterds making shit laws. Dammit! Guess they just want us and are kids to sit around play video games, beat off, and pay taxes.

Edit: did you guys see even the new SxS's are getting Cats, New Can Am Maverick for 2013 going to have them wonder if most all bigger toy's for 2013 is going to get them?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
How does it not affect everyone on this whole forum?? This is the sport/hobby we all like, that is why we are on here.

This looks like it could be the start of the end of our hobby so I don't see how it doesn't affect everyone.

I feel for the guys out there that started a business selling parts or tuning. In 5-10 years what are they gonna be selling? Chrome tips? By then I am betting you won't even be able to sell non DPF delete tuners unless they have passed smog tests.

If I bought a brand new 60k dollar truck I prob wouldn't have money left over to mod it, and most here are not dumb enough to piss away their warranty. As one member put it, they are making the new trucks with great HP right out of the gate now. Leave well enough alone it seems with a new pickup. Plus, if I want to go fast ill just hop in my LB7 FTW hahahaah haters

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
This is not about You Tube videos. Its about Government Regulation.

Um I'm fully aware of that I'm just saying that IF a EPA employee is very serious about his or her job and in protecting the environment which I'm sure they are and sees all the videos posted on You Tube with individuals "smoking" excessively! I'd imagine they'd be hot to trot in going after manufactures.

I'm sure they seen some H&S videos not that they were probably investigating them anyway. The EPA I'm sure uses those videos for evidence if fines were to be given.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I'm not going out looking for an LB7. My LLY works just fine and I doubt they come after me for the cat that died several years ago.:roflmao:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Although illegal to remove emission devices I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. One fine example is how many of you are guilty of removing the mattress tag from your bed? :hello:

I have numerous times and I have yet to be inspected for removal of these tags!

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Of course they have seen videos and probably lurk on the forums too.

I know with ATV's, the manufactures were watching the forums and catching guys with tricked out bikes or race bikes and linking their name to voided warranties. It's not a story, it happened to the guys I race with first hand.

They aren't stupid, anything is possible. all the information they need is available on the internet.

Either way, this all blows!!!

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Fact is that with a market as lucrative as this one is, SOMEONE will come up with something to keep it going. They would be insane not to. The money is just too big.

What I can see happening is someone releasing a tuning suite, similar to EFI, but on more platforms and selling "blank" programmers so that its up to the end user to figure out how to break the law.

Personally, I see this is as a GOOD thing, it stops the practice of an f@#ktwat slapping a tuner on a truck and calling themselves a diesel performance shop.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Just saw sct is done also with dpf deletes. As of now custom tuners are still able to load there own tunes on there.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
It gets worse, just got an email from Premier, effective today, they are no longer selling anything DPF delete related.

Just cleaned em out of exhaust :)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The EPA needs to justify their budget increases and staff increases.

Why do you think we have "emissions controlled" gas cans? It was never a real problem, but now that you dump a 1/2 gallon on the ground when the valve screws up it is.

And Motorcycles get emissions controls. This is less than 0.001% of emissions. If this were a motorcycle nation, then it would make sense, but it's not.

In CA we get emissions on the weed wackers and lawnmowers. They tried to outlaw BBQ's.

It's not that clean air is not good, it's that they are spending millions on areas that won't have a measurable effect on pollution.

It will surprise many here, but less than 1% of motor vehicles have aftermarket performance modifications. Hotrodding isn't a pollution problem.

But the EPA ran out of valid, effective targets, so either they lose their budget/jobs, or they find areas to control that have no effect.