H&S Done?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I've re thunk my view on this subject! I'm sending this thread off to the EPA I hope they screw each and everyone of you polluting SOB's! :roflmao:

Ya I looked for the video myself couldn't find it! I'd imagine at some point and time some company will pursue the newer model years diesel hot rodding wont end. My belief is it wont be cheap tho

I wonder where Steve Cole is on these projects? :D

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
Who seriously didn't see this coming? Full page magazine ads, YouTube videos, etc. Advertising the ability to break the law. It's just not smart.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Who seriously didn't see this coming? Full page magazine ads, YouTube videos, etc. Advertising the ability to break the law. It's just not smart.

Me :eek:

Seriously it was all fun and games and we ALL have been there when we FIRST started hot ridding these trucks going fast MAKING SMOKE ! DONT LIE! Then it wasn't cool. Some are still stuck in the time warp of yesterday. Problem is 11 years latter the law is taking it serious . Times have changed

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I have been a long time advocate of Low Smoke as many know.

For racing, sure. But for street use, blowing smoke was bound to have consequences in the long run.

You can make some pretty good power and still see the sky.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Our trucks are not the only ones getting hit. Ag, construction equip, and other diesels all have dpfs also. I never seen a John Deere combine roll coal cause he had tunes. Like Mike L said. We are Just breaking the law before others and got caught early.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Press Release:

November 13, 2012
Due to our dialogue with governmental agencies within the United States, H&S Performance, LLC has decided to voluntarily suspend production of all tuning devices and EGR/DPF modification kits, effective immediately. Many H&S products and accessories not affected by this situation are still available, and will continue to be available through our dealer network and our website.
We are now working diligently to remedy this situation, and look to again offer tuning products to our customers at the earliest date possible. Rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to move forward and resume product sales, and thank each of our loyal customers for their patience and support during this time.
We at H&S are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most innovative products available. H&S products are unrivaled in quality, ingenuity, and technology, and are backed up by the best customer service in the industry. All future H&S products offered will be built upon these same principals, and will be manufactured to satisfy the needs of our auto enthusiast customers. Information concerning the continuation of production of our products will be made available to the public as soon as possible.
Although shipping has been suspended, H&S is committed to providing our existing customers with the highest level of service possible, and will continue to do so without interruption. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you require assistance with any H&S product, we are here to help.
Thank you for your continued support of H&S Performance, LLC, the World Leader in Diesel Performance.
Sincerely,
H&S Performance, LLC
4160 S. River Road
St. George, UT 84790

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
Me :eek:

Seriously it was all fun and games and we ALL have been there when we FIRST started hot ridding these trucks going fast MAKING SMOKE ! DONT LIE! Then it wasn't cool. Some are still stuck in the time warp of yesterday. Problem is 11 years latter the law is taking it serious . Times have changed

True, but it was illegal to tamper with emissions equipment a long time before DPF's came out. And it has always been tampered with. This is just the first time that I know of that it has been flaunted around for all the world to see. It's never been easier to spot than now, when a vehicle that is supposed to have a particulate filter on the exhaust is smoking up an intersection.

LMMDually

I like turtles
May 13, 2012
Central Texas
Didn't SCT go through crap similar to this around a year ago? Or sometime close to the time that edge did? Not sure how good edge is doing but SCT seems to be doing good, if not better than before.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Is it just me, or why does it seem like everyone (no one in particular) is flying off the handle? Like someone else posted before, we did this to ourselves.. I'm not going to say im glad H&S got stopped, but hell, you would have to have a brain full of rocks not to think that this would become an issue. Like Ben said, this case has probably been open since 2 years ago when "The world leader in diesel performance" first had video of their LML Denali blowing smoke everywhere on a "closed course with unregistered vehicle"

Bottom line to me is that we all knew this was coming.

dirty-b

KCCO!
Jun 5, 2010
Central MN
Is it just me, or why does it seem like everyone (no one in particular) is flying off the handle? Like someone else posted before, we did this to ourselves.. I'm not going to say im glad H&S got stopped, but hell, you would have to have a brain full of rocks not to think that this would become an issue. Like Ben said, this case has probably been open since 2 years ago when "The world leader in diesel performance" first had video of their LML Denali blowing smoke everywhere on a "closed course with unregistered vehicle"

Bottom line to me is that we all knew this was coming.

I couldn't agree more.

I like most on here am no angel but 90% of the time my truck is running a tune that at best will haze alittle if I get on it hard. I do this so we don't look like a**holes to everyone else. Besides this just makes the older no emission trucks worth more.......:happy2:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I didn't know it was gonna happen.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes we did ;)

Talked to someone at h&s there going to be fine they aren't the only ones on the frying pan either i guess not sure who but, they sold out of tuners at premier in one hour i guess 1400 units flew off the shelfs

Only thing I see going to happen like Ben said is H&S wont be allowed to sell DPF delete files. They can still sell shirts and hats:rofl:

BigDmax

Feb 20, 2011
Carencro, LA
I just sold a spartan last week and had to fill out another release form that had different wording in it to comply with the epa. Guess off road only isn't gonna cut it anymore