H&S Done?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
with all the tree huggers and people like obama in office its almost impossible to do :(

Do you even know who started the EPA in the first place?

Yes, im a registered republican and yes I voted for romney and no I dont like obama, but it really makes me roll my eyes when I see every red-blooded conservative blaming the EPA on "stupid liberal democrat tree huggers". It might be a more liberal-trending govt branch today, but read up on its history and I think you'll be surprised.

Im telling you guys. This just so happens to be the timing. You really think the first thing on obamas "to do" list that had to be done within the next few days when he got re-elected was to go after some little pipsqueak privately-owned company that caters to a niche market like diesel performance? Come on now. Im telling you. Building a case takes time, and the file was opened the day after H&S posted that video on youtube. The timing of the crap hitting the fan today is purely coincidence.

Also. We did this to ourselves. This is the EPA giving us the middle finger for every idiot out there with a smoke tune, doing burnouts on public roads, and otherwise drawing attention to themselves in their modified diesel truck.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
We did this to ourselves. This is the EPA giving us the middle finger for every idiot out there with a smoke tune, doing burnouts on public roads, and otherwise drawing attention to themselves in their modified diesel truck.
Sadly, yes. I have my share of problems with the amount of power the EPA has, and the ways they use it, but they do have the power, and people have been drawing attention to modified diesel trucks for a while.

And I'm no saint, but I try and keep the smoke to the track, for what little it helps. Plus, keeps me off the cop's radar a bit more too.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Do you even know who started the EPA in the first place?

Yes, im a registered republican and yes I voted for romney and no I dont like obama, but it really makes me roll my eyes when I see every red-blooded conservative blaming the EPA on "stupid liberal democrat tree huggers". It might be a more liberal-trending govt branch today, but read up on its history and I think you'll be surprised.

Im telling you guys. This just so happens to be the timing. You really think the first thing on obamas "to do" list that had to be done within the next few days when he got re-elected was to go after some little pipsqueak privately-owned company that caters to a niche market like diesel performance? Come on now. Im telling you. Building a case takes time, and the file was opened the day after H&S posted that video on youtube. The timing of the crap hitting the fan today is purely coincidence.

Also. We did this to ourselves. This is the EPA giving us the middle finger for every idiot out there with a smoke tune, doing burnouts on public roads, and otherwise drawing attention to themselves in their modified diesel truck.

Nixon 1970.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
H&S can come on over to Indiana! We're Secceding from the Union, so the EPA wont be able to come into our new little country! :roflmao::rofl::D:woott::joker::thumb:;):roflmao:

Caleb

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
If I had the money, I would start a tuning company in a country with no extradition laws. Then I would unlock the LML ECM just to piss off the EPA!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25808

there are so many idiots in that thread ("OH NEXT TIME I SEE AN EPA PERSON IM GONNA WALK UP TO THEM AND GRAB MY BALLS AND TELL THEM TO SUCK MY DICK AND GO F THEMSELVES"...oh..really? you're actually going to do that? STFU mr. big-talker cowoboy :rolleyes:)

Then there are idiots saying that "ATS blew the whistle and its ATS's fault because of that letter" (you really think the gov't wouldnt have noticed if ATS didnt write that letter, gimmie a break, they arent that stupid)

And then the idiots saying "OMG DOESNT THE GOV'T HAVE BIGGER FISH TO FRY??? WHY ARE THEY PICKING ON US THEY SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON THE ECONOMY!!!" (balancing the budget and other "bigger issues" is not in the EPA's job description. The amount of money the devote to the EPA is fairly small compared to the overall picture)

And then finally, the idiots saying "if the EPA wasnt so stupid they would realize that tuners make these trucks better for the environment!! Because they make them get better fuel economy and being more fuel efficient means less waste and better for the environment AMIRITE???" (another stupid fallacy; anytime you tune the truck, you're increasing its emissions output, even if theres no smoke, NOx emissions go through the roof, and its the huge NOx levels that diesels produce by nature-compared to gas engines-that is the main environmental concern. Its not so much the "smoke/soot" that is the big problem with diesel engines. Increasing emissions output versus better fuel economy is a calculation of diminishing return that does not add up. Using proportionately less fuel (when tuned) does not "counter-act" the large increase in emissions. Im sorry, but it just doesnt. Apparently none of those idiots took any statistics/analytics/environmental courses.)

Im no saint (my truck has no EGR or cat) and im definitely no liberal tree hugger, but im also a realist in the fact that im not too stupid to acknowledge that the EPA is the boss whether we like it or not. THEY MAKE THE RULES, NOT YOU. Either abide by the rules or leave the country. No amount of whining or protesting is going to change their mind. The fact is that the diesel performance industry as a whole has absolutely zero grounds to stand on with this issue. There is no argument/defense! We broke rules, and now we're all paying the price. It was only a matter of time. The house always wins. Smog and pollution is down in every city from where it was in the 1970's. That is a fact, and largely due to the EPA. They really arent the complete devil that everyone makes them out to be. They are the reason that we have awesome diesel pickup trucks that produce 400hp stock, and keep the air clean at the same time. Try making 400hp on a diesel 15 years ago and you are left with a smoky hot mess that has high EGT's, etc etc etc...

We need to make the most of this situation. Dont be an idiot and blow smoke everywhere, be careful how you drive your truck, and being proactive now can and will help delay the inevitable more severe crackdown.

Last edited:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Wasn't that ATS letter debunked as some internal document by Clint that was never sent ? I recall a discussion on the Place about it when it as posted LONG ago.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i wonder if they will eventually force those that came federally emmisioned to run a cat and egr? I know we are technically "grandfathered in" but i dont think that will stop them if they really want things to change

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Clints lawyer or something that I recall? I think Clint and his Lawyer were discussing shit and he blamed his lawyer for drafting the letter and it was never sent. Something like that

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
i wonder if they will eventually force those that came federally emmisioned to run a cat and egr? I know we are technically "grandfathered in" but i dont think that will stop them if they really want things to change

Eh I highly doubt it. The truck was emissions compliant (and fully approved by CARB/EPA) at the time of sale, so theres no reason they would suddenly go back, spend money on R&D/production/tooling of an EGR system and force it upon people.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Clints lawyer or something that I recall? I think Clint and his Lawyer were discussing shit and he blamed his lawyer for drafting the letter and it was never sent. Something like that

x2. From what I remember and without spending hours re-reading old threads, that was what actually happened...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
November, 13, 2012

Due to our dialogue with governmental agencies within the United States, H&S Performance, LLC has decided to voluntarily suspend production of all tuning devices and EGR/DPF modification kits, effective immediately. Many H&S products and accessories not affected by this situation are still available, and will continue to be available through our dealer network and our website.

We are now working diligently to remedy this situation, and look to again offer tuning products to our customers at the earliest date possible. Rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to move forward and resume product sales, and thank each of our loyal customers for their patience and support during this time.

We at H&S are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most innovative products available. H&S products are unrivaled in quality, ingenuity, and technology, and are backed up by the best customer service in the industry. All future H&S products offered will be built upon these same principals, and will be manufactured to satisfy the needs of our auto enthusiast customers. Information concerning the continuation of production of our products will be made available to the public as soon as possible.

Although shipping has been suspended, H&S is committed to providing our existing customers with the highest level of service possible, and will continue to do so without interruption. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you require assistance with any H&S product, we are here to help.

Thank you for your continued support of H&S Performance, LLC, the World Leader in Diesel Performance.

"VOLUNTARILY". lolz. How stupid do they think we are??

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
x2. From what I remember and without spending hours re-reading old threads, that was what actually happened...

Yea I recall it was quite the conversation for awhile it was funny. IIR his (Clints) email was hacked and they as a organization were on the HUNT to find the internal perp! Like OJ's killer. :roflmao:

Thats what made me recall it the hacking and they were going to find who was responsible! Something like that anyway :roflmao: