H&S Done?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I wonder IF the lawyer fees will be worth it for them to pursue the project? Thats what it will boil down to. It would assume that there is so many products out there already that are for Off Road use that is sold legally. So what do they need the proper verb-age for packaging? Is that what they are lacking and they got shut down plus the street testing?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
It makes me laugh cause I see so many dumb asses say its my truck I can do what I want. Now look. We pay the price cause of it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
November, 13, 2012

Due to our dialogue with governmental agencies within the United States, H&S Performance, LLC has decided to voluntarily suspend production of all tuning devices and EGR/DPF modification kits, effective immediately. Many H&S products and accessories not affected by this situation are still available, and will continue to be available through our dealer network and our website.

We are now working diligently to remedy this situation, and look to again offer tuning products to our customers at the earliest date possible. Rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to move forward and resume product sales, and thank each of our loyal customers for their patience and support during this time.

We at H&S are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most innovative products available. H&S products are unrivaled in quality, ingenuity, and technology, and are backed up by the best customer service in the industry. All future H&S products offered will be built upon these same principals, and will be manufactured to satisfy the needs of our auto enthusiast customers. Information concerning the continuation of production of our products will be made available to the public as soon as possible.

Although shipping has been suspended, H&S is committed to providing our existing customers with the highest level of service possible, and will continue to do so without interruption. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you require assistance with any H&S product, we are here to help.

Thank you for your continued support of H&S Performance, LLC, the World Leader in Diesel Performance.

"VOLUNTARILY". lolz. How stupid do they think we are??

I think the next move by the epa will be to force h&s to buy back all the units. This is what they normaly do.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think the next move by the epa will be to force h&s to buy back all the units. This is what they normaly do.

Now is the customer that bought from H&S required by law to send it back or could it be refused? Not like its gunna effect me, just learnin.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't believe they'd FORCE you to send it back. If that were the case they HAD to buy it back then you could name you buy back price! :D

I'd think that if it were the case they'd have to inform you of the harm you may be creating to the environment and you have the right to a full return value.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Now is the customer that bought from H&S required by law to send it back or could it be refused? Not like its gunna effect me, just learnin.

No they cannot do this. If they could I would tell them it was stolen or lost or destroyed.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
they shouldnt be allowed to force anything like its total bs

The problem is, it's a federal law to remove the smog crap and everyone knows it. H&S supplied the tools to break the law. Guilty.
If you supplied the guns to someone that robbed a bank; you are a conspirator to the crime. You are just as guilty.
It will be interesting to see what the fine is going to be. Most federal offenses are either 5,000.00 fine or 5 years in prison or both, or, 10,000.00 fine or 10 years in prison or both per occurance. :eek:
Wonder how H&S arrogant attitude is working out for them right now?
It will get even more interesting if the feds tie them to Bullydog.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
what it comes down to is that the epa is just doing there job yeah on our end its crap but in there minds they want clean air ect so we just gotta give up our gearhead ways and just drive stuff stock never mess with it

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Not if you sold the guns legally! :D

What I don't get is what did they do illegal or you(s) feel they got caught at? Where they foolish enough to advertise and sell with out the OFF ROAD only disclosure? Or that no longer works in other words the EPA has revamped there restrictions to even off road use and the removal of devices or adding devices?

Sorry I didn't really follow along way back when this started. I recall EFI saying they weren't getting involved.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
What I'm really curious about is how the EPA is placing the value of tail pipe emissions over fuel consumption.

So a truck is modified and has higher tail pipe emissions, however, it uses 20% less fuel.

Making fuel creates environmental damage in it's own right, does it not? Spills, transporting, chemical emissions.

Now here's a real tidbit for thought, how much tax is collected on exhaust gas coming out of a tail pipe? Now how much is collected from the sale of fuel?

Am I reaching here a little, conspiracy wise?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

What I don't get is what did they do illegal or you(s) feel they got caught at? Where they foolish enough to advertise and sell with out the OFF ROAD only disclosure? Or that no longer works in other words the EPA has revamped there restrictions to even off road use and the removal of devices or adding devices?

Sorry I didn't really follow along way back when this started. I recall EFI saying they weren't getting involved.

Mack if you sold those guns legaly along with a film on how to rob a bank and the customer did in fact rob a bank, you are going down with the customer.
H&S showed a 2011 Duramax on a public hyway smoking up a storm. This has to be one of the dumbest moves ever.
OFF ROAD ONLY advertisement became unacceptable 10 years ago and the EPA stated it. The EPA stated that they do not have the funding to investigate anywhere near what they want to so they keep quiet. When a company puts out a video and the tools to break the law; you just handed them yourself on a platter. They walk up to you and hand over your video and tell you to bend over. Game ended. Didn't cost them a dime. I'm not taking EPA's side on this.
If you're going to rob a bank; put a fricken mask on. don't hang banners all over the place stating the time and place. Just sayin.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
There ain't no damn way they are that rational at the EPA! I have no doubt its all about the dollars.

What I'm really curious about is how the EPA is placing the value of tail pipe emissions over fuel consumption.

So a truck is modified and has higher tail pipe emissions, however, it uses 20% less fuel.

Making fuel creates environmental damage in it's own right, does it not? Spills, transporting, chemical emissions.

Now here's a real tidbit for thought, how much tax is collected on exhaust gas coming out of a tail pipe? Now how much is collected from the sale of fuel?

Am I reaching here a little, conspiracy wise?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Edge put for off road use only on there race tuners. Look at where there at now.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Mack if you sold those guns legaly along with a film on how to rob a bank and the customer did in fact rob a bank, you are going down with the customer.
H&S showed a 2011 Duramax on a public hyway smoking up a storm. This has to be one of the dumbest moves ever.
OFF ROAD ONLY advertisement became unacceptable 10 years ago and the EPA stated it. The EPA stated that they do not have the funding to investigate anywhere near what they want to so they keep quiet. When a company puts out a video and the tools to break the law; you just handed them yourself on a platter. They walk up to you and hand over your video and tell you to bend over. Game ended. Didn't cost them a dime. I'm not taking EPA's side on this.
If you're going to rob a bank; put a fricken mask on. don't hang banners all over the place stating the time and place. Just sayin.

Ok I get what your getting at ! I recall some videos and now that you mentioned it I did see that smoking video. Your right that is dumb especially on a companies part,real dumb. Dumb as selling guns WITH a plan to rob a bank and not wearing a mask! :D

They're headed for some deep doo do.