Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Little update.

All i can say is its a hell of alot easier workin on a motor on a stand lol. The damn dealer is pissing me off the more i dig into the motor though. Ive never seen a truck that is missing so many bolts to hold things down or broken electrical connects. Im surprised ive not had any electrical gremlins. Crap really urks me though.

On the bright side, motor is down to a long block and my harbor freight 1/2" breaker bar stayed together enough to bust the balancer bolt off. Should have her torn all down by tuesday, then its time to order all the rest of the parts needed.

Btw, how do those with a harbor freight engine stand have your blocks mounted? The lower two mounts arw on the upper oil pan and i couldnt figure another way to bolt it up that worked without using the upper oil pan

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So whats it take to bend a rod in an LB7?

Looking at your sig, Id say you were already well past that point.

James, does this pic help?
attachment.php

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Looking at your sig, Id say you were already well past that point.

James, does this pic help?
attachment.php

Sorta lol thank you tom but i took the mid plate off before mounting the stand to it. My top two mounts are just like yours but the bottoms im not sure

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yep...without the plate, its the same holes as Henry's pics show.

BTW Henry, do you have a pic for everything? :rofl:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Yep...without the plate, its the same holes as Henry's pics show.

BTW Henry, do you have a pic for everything? :rofl:

LoL Tom they made me start paying for my Photobucket account. There is so many pics and folders and something with so many people clicking on pics and bandwidth. I have found I don't have some pics guys are looking for but some are close.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well got done messing with the samurai some tonight and decided to dig more into the motor. pulled the valve covers and left bank injectors to find that one of the injector harness brackets was missing a bolt (not the one i found in the oil pan unfortuatly) and #6 injector had a torn o-ring and a ton of rust down in the injector bore. the other 3 came out clean with no issues. AAARRRGGGG :mad:.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
well got done messing with the samurai some tonight and decided to dig more into the motor. pulled the valve covers and left bank injectors to find that one of the injector harness brackets was missing a bolt (not the one i found in the oil pan unfortuatly) and #6 injector had a torn o-ring and a ton of rust down in the injector bore. the other 3 came out clean with no issues. AAARRRGGGG :mad:.

Tell me more :baby:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
b8c0437a-4d3e-434d.jpg

I think its a bit bent in there. Lol cyl 5 is not happy. Cyl 3 and 7 have a little dip to them while cyl 1 looks good. Driver side bank is about like cyl 3&7. All the cyl walls and piatons look good though, tops of the pistons have some carbon build up and cyl walls have a few little worn areas but nothing concerning nor that you can actually feel. Need to get the engine mount onto the block so i can flip it and pull the upper oil pan and crank.

Big big BIG thanks to little bri bri for comin over and gettin it torn down for me. Got too much crap goin on at the house to really give the motor the time it needs. Really appreciate it brian :hug:.